Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2009, 02:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to Kim
Default 12x12s?

Which mail order places will print 12x12s? And is certain places better than others?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i use scrapbook pictures...i don't print 12x12 but i know they do and they're having a sale thru tomorrow...
Old 02-08-2009, 02:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
i use scrapbook pictures...i don't print 12x12 but i know they do and they're having a sale thru tomorrow...
I think the sale ends tonight... and I forgot and didn't get my pages uploaded
Old 02-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I had read some good things at DST about Scrapping Simply and decided to try them out, and I LOVED how my prints turned out. They were actual photo prints (like you'd get at Costco) and looked great! I haven't printed at Scrapbook Pictures, so I can't compare the two, but I can't imagine the print quality would be much different. (I'd be interested if anyone has printed both places and knows how they compare). Their normal price is $1.99 for a 12x12, which is about as cheap as I have seen for an actual "photo" print. (They had a special in January for 25% off prints, so I only paid about $1.50 per 12x12. I don't know if they will have more specials in the future.) They have a $5 flat rate shipping charge, and they were very fast. I highly recommend them!

I've also printed 12x12's with My Pic Tales. Their prices are cheaper ($1.00 for a 12x12); however, their printing process is different (laser printing, I believe?) which seems to not produce as clear of photos on your layout. I did like the paper they used for printing - it was heavier than normal photo paper - but my pictures were just not as crisp. I know some people were happy with them, but I've also read a number of people who didn't like the graininess of the photos. They are probably one of the cheapest places to print, though.

You could always try testing a few prints at My Pic Tales and somewhere like Scrapping Simply / Scrapbook Pictures to see if you like one type of prints better than the other before you print any large numbers out.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbird View Post
I had read some good things at DST about Scrapping Simply and decided to try them out, and I LOVED how my prints turned out. They were actual photo prints (like you'd get at Costco) and looked great! I haven't printed at Scrapbook Pictures, so I can't compare the two, but I can't imagine the print quality would be much different. (I'd be interested if anyone has printed both places and knows how they compare). Their normal price is $1.99 for a 12x12, which is about as cheap as I have seen for an actual "photo" print. (They had a special in January for 25% off prints, so I only paid about $1.50 per 12x12. I don't know if they will have more specials in the future.) They have a $5 flat rate shipping charge, and they were very fast. I highly recommend them!

I've also printed 12x12's with My Pic Tales. Their prices are cheaper ($1.00 for a 12x12); however, their printing process is different (laser printing, I believe?) which seems to not produce as clear of photos on your layout. I did like the paper they used for printing - it was heavier than normal photo paper - but my pictures were just not as crisp. I know some people were happy with them, but I've also read a number of people who didn't like the graininess of the photos. They are probably one of the cheapest places to print, though.

You could always try testing a few prints at My Pic Tales and somewhere like Scrapping Simply / Scrapbook Pictures to see if you like one type of prints better than the other before you print any large numbers out.

I love costco prints, so I might try that! Thanks!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been using Scrapbook Pictures for a few years and their quality is great!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I use Scrapbooks to share. Thiers is really cheap and the pictures look great. Its on a little heavier paper so thats nice too. Fast turn around.

I might have to try out the others that have been mentioned!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have been using Pure Print Design the pages are full bleed and what I see on my computer screen is what my pages look like when I get them. I have been super happy with their service. Since they are a smaller company, communication with them is awesome!

Old 02-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just recently used Green Pixel Printing, which is the Canadian sister site to Polkadot Potato...anyway, the prints turned out AWESOME, I'm just waiting for a sale to get more done. I don't print 12x12, I print 8x8, but they do have 12x12 and the price looks reasonable, I think?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The sale is still up at scrapbookpictures.com! I just order a bunch of 12x12 layouts. Their quality is excellent - I've ordered large photos from them before.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

At scrapbookpictures.com, is the paper like photo paper or heavier? Are the prints super glossy? I want my pages to look more like my paper LOs...does that make sense?

Old 02-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have some free credits from Artscow, you just have to pay the shipping fees. If you want the credits send me a message and they are yours!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
At scrapbookpictures.com, is the paper like photo paper or heavier? Are the prints super glossy? I want my pages to look more like my paper LOs...does that make sense?
I think the paper is like photo paper. You can order glossy or matte. I ordered matte and I was really happy with them!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another happy Scrapbook Pictures costumer here. I just ordered nearly 100 prints with the sale and I was happy with every single one. I also get the matte finish and they turn out beautifully every time. I've never had an issue with things around the edges being cut off.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansrock View Post
I have some free credits from Artscow, you just have to pay the shipping fees. If you want the credits send me a message and they are yours!
I looked there and didnt see a 12x12 option... Ill have to look again
Old 02-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
The sale is still up at scrapbookpictures.com! I just order a bunch of 12x12 layouts.
Thanks! I checked today and they extended the sale on all the square format sizes through this week! I can upload over the next couple of days and get a nice size order in!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Here's a link to their FAQ.

This will be my first order with them, but I've heard absolutely nothing but good things and I've just been waiting for a sale to try them out. Their printing is true photographic printing, so it's on photo paper and you have a choice of matte, glossy or metallic (metallic is more expensive). I've been anxious to try them because this is the one scrapbook printer that I have literally not heard one bad thing about. Every single feedback I've read has always gushed about the great quality.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan View Post

This will be my first order with them, but I've heard absolutely nothing but good things and I've just been waiting for a sale to try them out. Their printing is true photographic printing, so it's on photo paper and you have a choice of matte, glossy or metallic (metallic is more expensive). I've been anxious to try them because this is the one scrapbook printer that I have literally not heard one bad thing about. Every single feedback I've read has always gushed about the great quality.
Yay, thanks! I'm uploading pages to them now!

Old 02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know how many of you know Karen Russell of the Narratives line from Creative Imaginations, but she does some of the borders on scrapbookpictures.com. It's also a photo shop local to her so she swears by them too.

Oh, and I've had the metallic finish done before and it is really awesome if you ever want to do something special with a certain photo.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've used Polka Dot Potato and Scrapbook Pictures and been pleased with both results.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan View Post

ok, so i've never printed anything!! I think I'll try scrapbook pictures first! When I created my LOs, I used PSE & selected 12 x 12 as my size...Will I have a problem when printing?! Are things going to be cut off?? what do I do to prevent this? now & in the future? thanks ladies!!!

Natalie

ThisIsFunStuff!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My first order with them should be here any day now, but from what I've heard from others, they are very good about not cutting things off at the edges. I really like to use the edges of my pages, so I'll be thrilled if this is the case.

In general, I think the recommendation is to make sure you have nothing important within a 1/4 inch of the edges.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

So in other words, when I create a new page, I need to make the document 11.75 x 11.75 ?

Natalie

ThisIsFunStuff!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, no, sorry!... 12x12 is just fine! I know for some places they have weird sizing guidelines you have to adjust your layouts to, but scrapbookpictures didn't require that.

By the 1/4 inch I just meant as you scrap, try to keep things like journaling, the important part of the photos, any elements you really don't want cut off, etc about a 1/4 inch in from the edge of the page. From what I've heard from others, scrapbookpictures is very good about not cutting things off, but it's probably a good habit to get into.