Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default show me your fur(scaly, feathery, slimey) babies <3

meow mix was just sitting next to me so i took a pic with my phone.. and decided the other two needed pics too (erm, they came out crappy though LOL .. only the living room has proper lighting)

here are my bebes show me yers <3

meow mix (aka sunny) he's 6 and is a big fat baby.

this is clyde my bunny.. he's 3.5. Please excuse what appears to be a poopy cage. he's a mega brat and dumped his pebbles everywhere. Not poop He's a pita.

here's a better pic of him from when i first got him (no worries bunny lovers, he's not in that cage anymore :] )

and this is yoda my leopard gecko. he's about 4 who happens to be the best pet ever. and in the room with the least light

and here's a pic of him when i first got him (a proper photo. .with a proper camera )
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i love that your animals sorta all look that they take on your personality.. it sounds sooo weird. but they totally look like they fit right in with you, la.. ok i'm strange..
Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

haha i giggled..

they do fit in though.. clyde pushes it with his male moodiness. ^_^
Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

awwww...They are adorable! Yes, I even think the lizard looks pretty cool!

We have Gary and a fish....
Gary is 3 and is awesome!

Feeling too lazy today to dig out the picture of Sammy the fish...so linking to another pic.

Penny
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

aww your doggie is so pretty <3 i want a dog so so badly, but it's just not going to happen while i'm apartment living. We had a few fishies the past two years but the cat murdered them all............. -.-
Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks. She is such a sweetheart.
Our friends had a similar incident with their cat. However, he got their birds when they were on vacation. Cats will be cats.

Penny
Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

this is belle (she's a cockerpoo). she thinks she's a cat.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

hehe i didnt know you had a doggie laura <3 perty perty puppy

penny .. indeeed. The cat just knocked over their tanks. didnt eat them.. just murdered them for fun I saved them and threw them back in water asap but they didn't survive long after.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

yup! we got her last valentine's day. emma would loove to have a cat but i'm so allergic to them.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:34 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I can't join the party yet, but my puppy should be born within the week! The mama dog is carrying 5 pups, and I'm getting a girl pup from the litter. Here is a pic of my puppy's big brother from last year's litter from the same mom and dad. My puppy will look very much like he does. Can't wait until the puppies are born!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

aww he's so flufffffffffy
Old 02-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These are all so cute! I definitely want a gecko when I grow up.

Here's our tiny little dog-baby Bodie (2 yrs, 88 pounds) He's a hovawart. A hovawart teenager.

He may not be the most obedient dog in the town (especially when it comes to not hunting the birds on the walks) but he's so great with the kids, it always melts my heart:
Old 02-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have always owned some type of pet since I was a child (horses, a goat, a goose, hamsters, bunnies, dogs, birds, big huge fish tanks, turtles), until I had my first child. Now I'm proud to say that I have NO pets and I'm totally OK with that!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here is my Stitch. He will be 10 soon.

This is Beanie (Zsa Zsa officially). She will be 4 soon.

And these are our Bassetts. Maggy Mae (she is 9) and Buster Brown (he is 11). We call them Magpie and Fat Boy.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Bear will be 10 in September...he was a 4 week old ball of fluff when someone dumped him in the middle of the night during a rainstorm. I woke up hearing a whining sound...in the morning, there he was. Love him to pieces!

Toby was a rescue from Citizens for Animal Protection in Houston...he'll be 13 in May. He's our shy guy/scaredy cat.

Max will be 12 in October...he is the stinker who poops on the carpet almost every day, but he's always been the playful/social one.

Toby & Max together (I love this pic)

Toby and Max basically raised Bear, who grew up thinking he was a cat. Seriously.

We have one more cat, Rusty, who is about 15 years old, and for some reason, I don't have a picture of her uploaded. She's orange, fluffy, and a huge grouch who has mellowed a little with age.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not sure if you can see these since I took them from FB.

Slimy....
Here's Gunther, our Dumpy Tree Frog and yes, he changes colors from blue to brown:

Scaly...
And our 4 Desert Tortoises that I just got out of hibernation on Saturday:

The boys want a dog SO badly. I have never had one, I grew up with cats (which I am now allergic to). But DH had dogs and HE is the one saying no. I've about given in.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Actually, if I did get a pet I'd get a Tortoise. Do you love them, Mary? Or are they difficult pets?

Old 02-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

here's my babies:
here's henry - he's....something. the humane society said rat terrier mix. we think jack russel mix. he's now a breed we refer to as spaz terrier. he's very rare. he's tiny - the size of a cat(do you see his teeth? he's got a bad under-bite & they stick out. it makes me lol.)

this is maggie. she's chubby. we call her butter pants. when she sits, you cannot see her back paws under her layer of chub. it's quite cute. it looks like she has no back paws. she is looking nervous here because she could not "see" her jilly playing outside. she could hear her, but not see her and it was driving her (and me - she meows and meows LOUDLY) insane.

this is my bella. my precious princess. she's happiest when the dog is no where to be found. she hates him and lives her life to torment him. she slaps the crap out of him any chance she gets. yet every morning he needs to sniff her ears (inside of them), her butt - everything. until he gets slapped. and then the day has begun. she loves cold cuts and will try her hardest to get on my lap at night, but henry chases her away.

we have a frog named phineas and a tankful of fish as well.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Actually, if I did get a pet I'd get a Tortoise. Do you love them, Mary? Or are they difficult pets?
Oh my gosh...Loooove them. They are SOOO easy. We've had all of them since they were first hatched, so one is 9 years old and the others are triplets 7.5 years old. They hibernate about 4 months a year and if you feed them properly, they just eat grass and weeds. So they don't cost a penny.

We had our first problem with them last year when the older one got territorial and was biting the heads of the others. So we had to cut our pen in half and keep them separated.

They are just really cool pets, but you have to be committed because they will probably live longer than their owners. Each of my boys has one and I told them they have to take them with them when they finally get a house and yard. Full grown, they will be about 10 inches long and our pen would not house 4 that big.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

<3 i love everyones pets!

stephie poo.. all terriers are spaz terriers! hahaha he looks a lot like the jack russel we had.. she was a tiny little thing.. 10lbs itty bitty (Cept she had no brown). I love terriers <3
Old 02-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
<3 i love everyones pets!
I agree! They are all sooo cute!

Old 02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
stephie poo.. all terriers are spaz terriers! hahaha he looks a lot like the jack russel we had.. she was a tiny little thing.. 10lbs itty bitty (Cept she had no brown). I love terriers <3
yeah, i know. funny thing is that he fits in and i don't find him overly wild or crazy - he just...is fitting to our family. sure he has his nightly freakouts where he runs up the sides of my couch and hops from couch to ottoman to chair to couch and up the back and through the kitchen and then to the office and does that like 10 times, but really - my girls are wild and crazy - so.... he just fits in with us well. he makes us laugh.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we have two little african dwarf frogs and a little betta fish

I love those tree frogs! I'd like to learn more about them

We keep thinking about other pets for the kids but it s hard where we live. Lily's neighbour just got a gecko and really wants one but its hard for us where we live (his mom goes to the city for work right now so has easy access for crickets but I wouldn't want to have to depend on someone to get them for us also)
Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Megan wants a ferret so bad and has for over a year but, I just keep refusing. Anyone have or had a ferret? I just don't think it is the kind of snuggly pet she is really wanting.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
Megan wants a ferret so bad and has for over a year but, I just keep refusing. Anyone have or had a ferret? I just don't think it is the kind of snuggly pet she is really wanting.
they smell and bite. one of my best friends from HS had ferretts.. and i decided they were evil a long time ago lol
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh...they're all so sweet and adorable!!

I just have 3...all cats right now. Ryan is moving home in July bringing his dog with him. I'm not sure how that's going to work out yet...

Ginger (my baby)

Leo (Eric's baby...and he's really the most photogenic. He loves to have his photo taken...)

Zoe (who is a total pita. She lives to annoy us, but we still love her)

Here's Ryan's dog Zephyr. She's his baby for sure, although we just had to pay a hospital bill for her which was over $1300. It's a good thing I love my kids...She better be worth it when she gets here!

Last edited by 4noisyboys; 02-28-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My first job, in High School, was at a pet store. The one creature in the whole store that I loathed to take care of was the ferrets. They are wild and hyper, prone to bite HARD and break the skin, they poop all the time (and it smells very bad), and their fur has a slightly musky skunky smell to it. I'd definitely say to NOT get one, but surprisingly there were many people who came into the store who were die-hard ferret fans. They are cute, they do calm down with age, and they can be litter box trained (supposedly). Some people even brought their ferrets into the store on leashes.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Neenee....I love your Bassetts!! OMGosh...they're so cute!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I totally *heart* this thread! Everyone's fur-babies are sooo cute! Here is my baby, Sam! He really is like my other child!

And this is Zoey, our sheltie who's almost 10. This isn't the greatest pic, but it's one of the few where she's actually still! This dog never stops moving.

And, this is Pascal, our chameleon. He's the newest member of the family.

Over the years, we've pretty much run a zoo. We've had everything from guinea pigs to turtles to bearded dragons. We're down to these three now, though I'd love to have another cat if only Sam wasn't such a jealous spoiled rotten diva!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my bubba Harry..we adopted him fully grown last summer..he is PERFECT for our family...

Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love seeing these pictures, how fun! Let me see if I can get the ones from FB to show up here. I'm feeling kind of lazy right now. LOL

Our girls... Lucy is full blood westie and Jinx is a shepherd mix as far as we know. Jinx came to live with us about 5 years ago and she was full grown at the time. We don't know how old she is or any of her background. She was a stray that hung around DH's work for a week before he brought her home. Lucy has been with us for just over 3 years now. We got her when she was 3 months old. She was a teeny thing weighing in at 4 pounds. Last summer she was up to 10 pounds when we got her fixed, now she's a whopping 13. LOL Jinx went from 40 pounds when we got her fixed to 55 pounds so she's really put on the weight!

Peep. Peep and her brother, Baby, were born to my daughter's cat, Abbie. Unfortunately Abbie turned up missing in September.

Here is Abbie and her kittens. Can you spot Peep? LOL

This is Baby. We kept two of the kittens, much to DH's chagrin. The kids both fell in love with different ones though. I think it was an evil plot. We obviously have fish too. We just acquired 10 new fish for Valentine's Day too. The kittens are much older now. They turned 2 in September.

Rascal was rescued from friends who were threatening to eat her. They bought her for their daughter for Easter and, of course, the novelty wore off soon after. We got her just a day before the kittens were born so we've had her over 2 years now. We 'bunny sat' for her one weekend while our friends were out of state and my kids fell in love.

This is Bitsy. Bitsy is proof my husband is a soft-hearted sucker who the kids have wrapped around their pinkies. We got Bitsy when he was 5 weeks old from a friend who breeds bunnies. He was her only lop ear.

When we got Rascal we were told that it was a male. We didn't know Bitsy's gender at first but after he was a few months old we had a feeling he was male. We put them in a cage built that has a divider down the middle separating them. My daughter forgot to close the top of the cage one night and the next morning we found the two in the same cage. We were thrilled they hadn't killed each other (thinking they were both male, of course). A month later my husband burst in on me when I was in the shower telling me that Rascal was female. I asked how he knew and he said she was having babies. She delivered 10 stillborn kits and we finally knew, for sure, the genders of Rascal and Bitsy. We kept them completely apart from one another after that while I tried to track down a vet that would spay/neuter them. Seems my kids decided they needed a play date though....

Yeppers. Rascal had a litter of 7 baby bunnies. That is how Hunny and Winter came to join our little zoo.

Hunny as a teensy thing. She's our little miracle bunny. She was about 5 weeks old when we woke up one morning to find a huge abscess on her. It ran all down her side. It was as big as she was. We made an emergency trip to the vet on a Sunday afternoon and he spent an hour getting pus and icky stuff out of the poor thing. We've had issues with abscess ever since then and she also has a splay leg (one leg sticks pretty much straight out to the side and she has no use of it, likely do to whatever caused the abscess problem because it wasn't like that when she was tiny). She is quite a bit smaller than her siblings and just the sweetest thing ever. We decided to keep her because the handicap and medical issues would have made finding her a home difficult.

We found homes for all of the rest of the bunnies except one female. We left her and Hunny caged together and soon realized that there was no way we were getting rid of her. Those two are the closest friends. They would be lost without one another. They are so sweet together. So, the bunny was named Winter (since it was winter when we decided to keep her and she's all white) and she became an official member of the family.

So that's my little zoo. We have had turtles (box turtles), frogs, toads and even a snake before. We've also had a variety of hamsters. Right now the kids are begging me to get another hamster, birds and a beta. We have enough trouble keeping up with the pets we have when it comes time to do chores though so we've told them no more until they start taking better care of these leaving mom less to do.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My husband had a ferret back when we first started dating. She hated me. She bit me every time she got near me. They are definitely not snuggly pets, unfortunately. He left it in Arizona with a friend when he moved to Kansas to be with me. I was so happy he didn't bring her.

My mom, well, she had 8 ferrets at one point. I was around them a lot and of the 8 of them there was only one worthy of being called a pet. One of them was quite sweet and loveable and the kind of animal you'd want to spend time with. The rest just got in to everything, tore up everything, made the place stinky and bit whoever got close to them. They destroyed her trailer house. If I were guaranteed that a ferret was like the one I liked of my mom's (named Bonnie, thus my mom whose name is Cheryl is called Grandma Bonnie by my kids because my daughter loved that ferret when she was little and associated it with my mom) then I'd get it in a heartbeat but since there are no guarantees we won't be getting one.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

ohmygoodness sherri i loove bitsy! she's the prettiest bunny ever. (or he. well i think i got confused in that gender story LOL)
Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL Yep, Bitsy is a boy. We weren't sure when we named him and he was so much smaller than Rascal that he seemed like just a 'little bit'. He's huge now, as both parents are. They weigh more than the westie, easily.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here is our kitty, Cricket:

February 24, 2012: 55/366: Crazy cat. by Marla Thrall, on Flickr

She is difficult... And probably the last cat we will ever have. We are just more dog people and her hair makes me itchy.

Justice, our 130 lb Bullmastiff, is the light of our lives.

February 23, 2012: 54/366: Big stinker. by Marla Thrall, on Flickr

January 14, 2012: 14/366: Watchin' Football. by Marla Thrall, on Flickr

Justice is super sweet and seriously the most laid back dog ever. He spends about 23 hours a day sleeping and the other two pooping and eating. He's my favorite.

I also really, really want a Basset Hound, but the husband says two indoor pets is the limit.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Marla, my husband wants a Bullmastiff pretty badly. Some day. Not while we have the other two dogs and they are on the young side so it will be quite a few years for us.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lol this is new puppy, Suki. She is playing with a bit toilet paper, she has such a funny personality and is only 9 weeks old, she is a Staffordshire bull terrier -

http://instagr.am/p/Hi2Z8grAWK/

This is Gucci, she's 4 and a chihuahua cross, she's highly strung and at the minute is on a final warning before we think about rehoming her to a house with no young kids as she doesnt like noise -

http://instagr.am/p/emD0p/

And this is catty(yes we call him that) he's not a dog person but he keeps his distance unless he wants a cuddle off me lol, we've had him for nearly 5 years now -

http://instagr.am/p/iUA-7/

I can only post Instagram links as I'm on my phone
Old 02-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh how i love this thread. ♥
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

Here's our Yorkie-Poo, McCarthy. He'll be 4 in April. Best dog ever for us (except he's ornery and still poops and pees in the house when he's mad at us.).. doesn't shed, rarely barks, and a cuddler!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It just occurred to me that I didn't post a picture of our oldest fur baby! She is almost 13 years old, we've had her longer than our children. Her name is Dot and she's quite the character.

Here she is pretending to be mean. Actually, she was yawning. She's old and a big pain in the rump sometimes. She's stubborn and moody but that has only came in the past few years so I guess its part of the age.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Marla, my husband wants a Bullmastiff pretty badly. Some day. Not while we have the other two dogs and they are on the young side so it will be quite a few years for us.
Justice is super laid back and sleeps most of the day. He loves everyone he meets, is super gentle with my 2 year old nephew, but he's a natural guardian. If we get upset with someone, he gets upset. It's quite amazing.

They are GREAT dogs... The only bad things about them is that the puppies are expensive and they don't live much longer than ten years. My boy is only two but I'm already dreading the day he goes to doggy heaven.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is Maggie, Aka Magnadoodle, chickenbits, magpie, dingdong, and kitteh.
Maggie also wants everyone to know it's her birthday on thursday. She prefers coldcuts and jalapeno cheddar bread to kibble.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh, so many cute animals here!!

Here's our fur baby, Lexi - (about 5 months old now)

Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Oh, such sweet animals and a great variety too! Here are my 4 fur babies-all were strays that we adopted.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

here are my pups!

Roxy. 10y/o Toy Fox Terrier. She is MY dog and I really think she should be a doggy model. =)

Chloe. 12y/o Toy Fox Terrier. She looks and acts just like Scrat the squirrel from the movie Ice Age.

Holly. 11y/o Toy Fox Terrier. She actually just passed away a couple weeks ago =(

The Missy girl. She is a chihuahua mix that we rescued from the streets!

Bully. 13y/o Boxer/Pit Bull mix. He thinks he is a small lap dog.

And the Banana. She came to us with the name Chiquita, we gave her the name Punky, but I just call her Banana. Another Chihuahua mix? We think? We rescued her as well. She was VERY mean and vicious when we first got her. She ripped up my hands on more than one occasion. Now she is the sweetest of them all! Look at those toofs!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have had them. They are not that bad but they do smell a little more then the average pet LOL. When we had ferrets they used litter but it had to be cleaned all the time to keep the smell down and they do better I think when they have a companion ferret. They are very playful and can bite although I have never been bitten by one.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

here is my baby:

She is a Keeshond and approximately 1 1/2 years old. She is the best dog I think I have ever owned. A little spoiled though
Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Aww!! She is soo beautiful
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4noisyboys View Post

Zoe (who is a total pita. She lives to annoy us, but we still love her)

Old 02-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my 2 1/2 year old cat Marlie. She's a fatty and thinks she's a dog...always chewing on stuff, chases her tail, plays fetch and greets you at the door. She's such an annoying bugger!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

gah gah gah i love all your babies <3