Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2023, 06:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default How was YOUR Friday the 13th?!

... mine could have definitely been better!!

I was on the phone talking with my sister and rolled through a stop sign! Dang it!!

The ticket was to the tune of $164!!

I'm not sure if that is the "going rate" everywhere, but it seems like a lot!

And, before I left the house today, I purchased a license sticker to the tune of $161. Eh-gads!

What is the cost of tickets and / or license plate stickers were you are?
Old 10-13-2023, 07:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh shoot! That stinks and I'm so guilty of the same thing!

**KNOCKS ON ALL.THE.WOOD** I'm not sure what tickets are here as we haven't had one in a long time. For awhile, my hubby was a bad boy & had a lot of speeding tickets. He even got a letter from the licensing department that if he got one more, he'd lose his license for a year!

As far as tabs (what we call them here in Washington state)- it depends on the local taxes. Ours in Eastern WA are usually pretty inexpensive around $50-60, but because we have electric cars- there are two separate fees totaling $225, plus a overweight fee of $10 and then I also have a custom plate that supports my college scholarships at another $30. My total for my car per year is about $350. I know in the seattle area they are much more expensive as there are more taxes for transportation included.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, sorry! We renewed one of our registrations yesterday. For 2 years it was about $170.
Old 10-13-2023, 10:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! That sucks I have no idea how much registration is, I just know it's in January and sucks because Christmas is expensive lol

Old 10-14-2023, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My 18 yr old just got a speeding ticket last month. He was going 20 over but the officer wrote it for just 5 and it was $100. All those times I told him to let up on that lead foot went in one ear and out the other. But also, he got ticketed at 445am just a mile from work. Seems like an odd time for a speed trap?
I think my last car registration was $136. Mine is in January too since that's when my birthday is and it's definitely not the best time of year to be shelling out money.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
My 18 yr old just got a speeding ticket last month. He was going 20 over but the officer wrote it for just 5 and it was $100. All those times I told him to let up on that lead foot went in one ear and out the other. But also, he got ticketed at 445am just a mile from work. Seems like an odd time for a speed trap?
I think my last car registration was $136. Mine is in January too since that's when my birthday is and it's definitely not the best time of year to be shelling out money.
$100 seems inexpensive to me - lol! Funny how our kiddos don't always listen to their mamas - hahaha!!
Old 10-14-2023, 10:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh no!

The only ticket I got was an illegal u-turn back in 2018. It was around $300 if I remember correctly. They had just put the no u-turn signs and I didn't notice. The motor cop was out there ticketing drivers non-stop. They must have made a fortune that day.

The tags for my car (2016 Explorer in California) were over $300 when I renewed in August. That's for one year.

Old 10-14-2023, 12:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Our license registration is under $100 and our tickets are cheap. I don't get them but they are very cheap.