Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default sometimes it's just time to let go.....

I adore my dh but he has some serious issues lol. We have been unable to find a movie we got from nextflix since mid-March. I have exhausted all possibilities that I can think of, in looking for it. I have scoured every inch of the family room including taking each and every item out of the bookshelves and Ikea expedit shelves. I have personally opened every music cd case and movie case in our home to make sure it wasn't put in the wrong case. I have checked the garage and the van. It's TIME TO LET GO and pay the fee for a lost movie! I'm not happy about it either but honestly we are ready to ditch netflix for a few months - we haven't been watching anything at all - so it's just been a wasted expense for months. I sat down with him this morning and went over all the above and he of course was freaking out - but, but but it's GOT to be here SOMEWHERE!!!!

Dude, it's not here. We have 4 kids under 10 that are dippy as all get out and that includes a 2/3 yo that has repeatedly thrown stuff away. Somehow, someway this movie has worked it's way out of our house.....

Whew. Sorry people, I just had to get that out. I think if my DH had his way we'd continue paying netflix for another year while we wait for that movie to turn up.....
Old 08-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

are you sure you actually got the movie? I had blockbuster before and it had a movie listed for like a month that was shipped out but I never got it and I waited and waited and it never came. I finally called them and told them look I never got this movie and they said ok and took it off my list and asked if I wanted to start with the next movie on my list or if I wanted to have them resend that movie. I had them resend and got it like three days later.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been there...... i bet it will show up as soon as you pay for it!

we thought we lost one for months and it eventually showed up!

wtf, i think netflix programs them so they mysteriously move to new locations.....

(aka L. Reid)

Old 08-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

If you add it up you have already paid for the cost of the lost movie a couple times over in unused Netflix fees. My DH can be stubborn about thing like that because he doesn't see the recurring cost as a paying. I have to show him the bills and add up the totals to get him to see his stubborness is costing us more money than just admitting he screwed up & paying up the fine.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This happened with us and Blockbuster Online. I finally just reported it lost and they sent a replacement. No charge.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know for sure we rec'd it - we watched half of it (it was a video for school and we were watching in segments). I'm sure it will show up next week somewhere painfully obvious. If it does I"m throwing it away so my dh will never know!
Old 08-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

that happened to me with a library movie ...oh about 8 or 9 years ago. We had the tape (yes it was a VHS tape) but we had lost the case. The librarian renewed it for me and renewed it for me while I searched and searched. And we only lived in a small apartment at the time. I think I looked for almost 2 months. I finally resigned myself that my 2 year old had thrown it out. So I couched up the $5 dollar fee to replace the case and wouldn't you know it.....I swear like 2 days later I found it!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=Emmy;512397]We have 4 kids under 10 that are dippy as all get out and that includes a 2/3 yo that has repeatedly thrown stuff away. /QUOTE]

This has me rollllllling. hahahahhahaa
Old 08-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

sounds JUST like my house! LOL

Old 08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

lol this is one of the reasons I have never gotten into netflix/similar.. ce is CONSTANTLY throwing stuff away on me
Old 08-22-2009, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Phew... I'm not the only this stuff happens too. And the thing that really annoys is that you find it like a few days after stopping to look for it and it's in such an obvious place!! I swear there are little creatures like the hungery monstor from the weight watcher commercials that come out when we are asleep and move things around... they certainly love my car keys and cell phone!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have ya beat! I have the last DVD in the Psyche series 1 missing since October. We have the three at a time plan so we still watch movies, just it occupies one spot that could be another movie getting to us sooner (we usually have a 3-4 delay because of where we are). I would pay for the stupid thing, but I don't want to pay for the entire series for one DVD gone missing, KWIM?!! So I guess I'm a little like your DH but if it was just a regular DVD I so would pay for it. But maybe I should just pay for the other one anyway and be done with it....but its gotta be here somewhere right! Oh wait I have a 2 and a 5 year old so who knows!!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well here's the update - and sprauncey you will be interested. The movie we lost was part of a series (when we left earth). I did a "report a problem" thing and chose the option "I lost and want to pay for this". It's charging me $20 (it was a bluay, I think dvds might be less) and if I find it and mail it in anytime in the next 12 months, they will refund me.

I'm glad it's done!
Old 08-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

You make me giggle. I think that is really cool that they will reimburse you!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

How great that they will give you your money back. I love my netflix.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hmmmm....wonder if blockbuster does the same thing? Maybe I need to just let it go...DH is killing me with his actually wanting to watch the DVDs I've been getting (The Unit Season 1 and Heroes Season 1) and I have to wait for him to watch. He likes to play computer games on his desktop or is working a ton so it takes like a month for us to watch a DVD, so I could really use that third DVD right now to watch when he is busy. Hmmmmmm.....