Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default kinda a s/o of Annie's thread

I have talked to alot of my friends and all three of my sister's about this subject...all of those who have had their tubes tied all say the it has made their periods miserable and painful etc. I was wondering for those who have had tubals if they found this to be the case also? Ever talked to your doctor about it to see why that is?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Funny you should post this thread. I have friends who say the same thing! I talked to my Dr about it and she said that most likely, peri-menopause is setting in and the symptoms are not related to the tubal ligation.

My Dr is pretty good and a little older than me... she always let's me know what's coming next and has been right thus far! I would love to hear from people who have had their tubes tied, though!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

before getting my tubes tied I had maybe one miserable/painful crampy day now its 3-4 and has been like that since I got them done when my youngest was born 12 years ago

Old 08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't tell you from my own personal experience, but I can tell you from what my daughter has told me after she had her tubes tied....Her periods were very painful and non-stop for quite a few months....She had talked to her Doctor and he claimed it was normal and that IF things didn't straighten out they could put her on birth control.... We laughed because that is why she had her tubes tied, so she wouldn't have to take bcp's anymore....Fortunately for her it did straighten out and now she does not have the pain or lengthy periods any more....
Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hmmm...well I only had mine tied 8 mos ago but so far my periods haven't been that much different..a little heavier than they were before I guess, but I'm more regular now than I've been in a long time and I really only have 1 day with mild cramping.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had mine clamped shut 4 years ago ... since then, the cramps double me over, and my flow is a LOT heavier than it was before.
As in (*warning*, TMI coming ...) I can soak through an Ultra Absorbancy tampon in 2 hours, and I can't wear just pads due to overflow issues. So I normally have to wear both if I leave the house. I HATE it.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneskids View Post
I had mine clamped shut 4 years ago ... since then, the cramps double me over, and my flow is a LOT heavier than it was before.
As in (*warning*, TMI coming ...) I can soak through an Ultra Absorbancy tampon in 2 hours, and I can't wear just pads due to overflow issues. So I normally have to wear both if I leave the house. I HATE it.
This is me too... but without having had my tubes tied! I'm still considering it... I mean, how much worse can it get? *shrug*
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well my periods are only 4 days with little to no cramping and not too heavy (like 1 pad a day), so I'd say it hasn't done much to me, although...*TMI alert* during the middle of the month I get a LOT of cervical mucus and usually it's brown for a few days...it lasts about as long as a period, so sometimes I say I have 2 periods a month. That was never the case before I had my tubes tied, so I'd say it's because of that.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

OMG - my Aunt had warned me that AF would be worse after getting my tubes tied, but I researched it online before I had it done and saw many claiming that was just a myth. Um, NO IT IS NOT! Everyone that I know who has had a tubal says the same thing - heavier flow, more cramping, more misery in general. It's definitely true for me. Before having the tubal, I hardly ever had any cramping and while it was a nuisance, I was never afraid to leave the house on certain days like I am now. It's so bad at times, that I seriously consider having a hysterectomy so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Of course not worrying about getting pregnant again is a big plus, but wow...AF is a vicious witch now.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had my tubal just over 2 years ago after Kyle was born, and my cycle is definitely much heavier and lasts a lot longer than it did before. I don't have the bad cramping like I did that first year or so, but I hate having to deal with the overflow issues and the random spotting through out my cycle. I'm due for a yearly and I have to switch ob/gyn's since mine retired awhile back and I'm planning on talking to my new doc about possibly having the Novasure procedure (endometrial ablation) done (if our insurance will cover it) to take care of that since we are definitely done having kids!

My Mom had a tubal 18+ years ago & she had extremely heavy cycles and bad cramping for years after that, it got so bad she was continuously anemic and ended up in the hospital for a transfusion a few years ago and when that didn't help they ended up doing a full hysterectomy. So I'd much rather have the ablation done now and not end up having to have one myself later on due to the same issues.

Last edited by Shawna; 08-24-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

OMGosh this is exactly what I go through. I go through like a box of 22 super absorbancy in 3-4 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneskids View Post

Old 08-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have considered this too...I am going to talk to my doctor when I go next time about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb21 View Post
I seriously consider having a hysterectomy so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Wow, you know.. I never even thought of my tubal as the cause of my massive increase in flow. I've never had cramps every month but when I do have them, they are slightly worse than they used to be. I figured it was all just because I had kids. *shrug*

I never did even a tiny bit of research (which is odd because I'm truly a research-a-holic). My OB asked if I wanted the proceedure, I said HECK YES! and I signed the papers. Hormonal birth control isn't an option for me so having my tubes tied was really my only option, regardless of symptoms.