Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-05-2020, 08:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Photoshop issues

I am having the worst time scrapping at this moment. When I am scrapping and I have an element selected, it just disappears on me and I find that it has moved to the middle or just a little bit but it is not on the same spot I left it when I clicked to add the shadow or moved my mouse to select another style. This is really annoying because something I don't even notice and then I'm 25 steps further into my layout and then I see something is missing. This happens so often and I have no idea how to fix it. Anyone else have this happening ???
Old 03-05-2020, 09:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry you're having this issue. I'm having a couple issues, but not this one specifically. I changed the batteries in my mouse and that seemed to help some (if I moved my mouse, not clicking though, items would move. it was like they were still connected to the mouse). I'm also dealing with "slowness" on PS. It's like it's dragging it's feet. This is usually fixed by either closing and reopening PS, or restarting my computer.

Hopefully you will find something, or someone to help you out!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow, that’s awful! Hoping it resolves quickly!

I’m having a slight issue with PSE 2020 where sometimes a shadow is not applied when I click it and it takes a couple tries to apply it. Annoying but not like things moving on you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2020, 11:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Never heard of that! That must be so annoying! Have you tried googling it?
Old 03-05-2020, 01:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's so frustrating, Biancka!! I hope you resolve it soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post

I’m having a slight issue with PSE 2020 where sometimes a shadow is not applied when I click it and it takes a couple tries to apply it. Annoying but not like things moving on you!!
I've had that happen with PSE15, too, Cindi! It is annoying. Then, it will apply the shadow twice & simplify the layer.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like you have auto select on. When you go to the move tool (v), is the box checked?
Old 03-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My first thought is what Sheri suggested.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Me too, is auto-select on?

Old 03-06-2020, 01:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I think that's my problem too. If I drag an embellishment to my layout I have to be precisely over the layer I want to drop it to. Otherwise it's completely somewhere else. Hoe can I unmark that?
Old 03-06-2020, 04:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I'm sorry you're having this issue. I'm having a couple issues, but not this one specifically. I changed the batteries in my mouse and that seemed to help some (if I moved my mouse, not clicking though, items would move. it was like they were still connected to the mouse). I'm also dealing with "slowness" on PS. It's like it's dragging it's feet. This is usually fixed by either closing and reopening PS, or restarting my computer.

Hopefully you will find something, or someone to help you out!
thank you! i did change the batteries in my mouse but that didn't solve the issue. it started after the last update for CC and I am really hoping that another update will solve this asap because i am not liking CC a lot at the moment. I may even have to go back to an older version so I am sure this doesn't happen anymore.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post

That happens to me too !!! I totally forgot about that but it's very annoying too. I guess installing an older version of CC is the best option for now because it does take a bit longer to finish a layout now and I have deadlines to meet I am working in a layout right now and the elements are being shuffled all over the place. No fun.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Never heard of that! That must be so annoying! Have you tried googling it?
I have but I cannot find a solution and I am finding it difficult to describe it in a short search option, kwim ?? I will be installing the 2019 cc version in a bit and see if it still happens and if it does, I feel an entire laptop reinstall might be in order which I do not want to do.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
It sounds like you have auto select on. When you go to the move tool (v), is the box checked?
I've always had it on auto select and I've never had this issue before. I just tried to scrap without auto select on and oh my...that is going to be a huge adjustment for sure I need to see if something has changed about the move tool settings and maybe that is where I can find my solution. Thank you for this suggestion though. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
Me too, is auto-select on?
Yes, auto select is on but not sure if that causes the problem because I've always had it on auto select ever since I started using Photoshop. Something might have changed with the auto select settings after the lastest update so going to check that in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
I think that's my problem too. If I drag an embellishment to my layout I have to be precisely over the layer I want to drop it to. Otherwise it's completely somewhere else. Hoe can I unmark that?
You can uncheck this box and that disables the auto select option

Old 03-06-2020, 11:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My CC doesnt have that problem- but different problem that I've been chatting with an Adobe support person about. He said this latest update has some weird bugs! My problem is the add layer, sometimes the trashcan & the add layers mask button at the bottom of the layers panel become grayed out & unresponsive! So frustrating since it's always in the middle of a project- never the beginning or end!
Old 03-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No suggestions but sure hope adobe fixes all these bugs. Scrapping should be fun not stressful. Fingers crossed they get a fix soon.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I had some weird issues with the new update so I went back to 2018. But my PS has been dragging slow so I have jumped ship temporarily back to GIMP. I'm still working on how to get PS to quit lagging. I did all the fixes that Adobe suggested but still kinda slow

Old 03-06-2020, 02:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
My CC doesnt have that problem- but different problem that I've been chatting with an Adobe support person about. He said this latest update has some weird bugs! My problem is the add layer, sometimes the trashcan & the add layers mask button at the bottom of the layers panel become grayed out & unresponsive! So frustrating since it's always in the middle of a project- never the beginning or end!
I guess that explains my problem because it started after the last update. Fingers crossed both our problems will be solved with the next update ♥
Old 03-06-2020, 02:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
No suggestions but sure hope adobe fixes all these bugs. Scrapping should be fun not stressful. Fingers crossed they get a fix soon.
I hope so too ! It's really getting annoying & when it delays you from finishing a layout, very frustrating as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaja77 View Post
I had some weird issues with the new update so I went back to 2018. But my PS has been dragging slow so I have jumped ship temporarily back to GIMP. I'm still working on how to get PS to quit lagging. I did all the fixes that Adobe suggested but still kinda slow
Sorry to hear you are having issues too. I did find 2019 very slow too (also tried to change all the settings, no luck) but 2020 feels a lot faster..untill the last update that is. I really do not understand why they roll out updates when they it is going to cause problems for users
Old 03-06-2020, 02:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I've noticed this issue too. Usually I end up restarting the program or if I'm in the middle of something and have lots of open documents, I'll do it manually through the drop down menu. Annoying! My program has been freezing a lot more lately. I'm going to hold off on running the newest update.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

A little tip if you don't want to keep auto-select on. If you ctrl-click on an object it'll take you to that layer and you can move it etc. I can't work with auto-select on. Makes me crazy! lol
Old 03-06-2020, 11:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried trashing your preferences? Sometimes it needs it done more than once. I had a weird issue that started in psd cc2019 and 2020 didn't solve it but at least the preference trashing finally worked in the new version. I have found 2020 a little more unstable and more likely to freeze up than any version I've worked with in many years now.