Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-29-2021, 09:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default May 2021: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Narrative
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : 2021 iNSD FWPs
Scrap a page using one of the three beautiful FWPs that were available during iNSD. *Or any FWP in your stash, if you weren't able to grab one of those.

#3. Featured : Nat + Grace
Our brand new series of Featured Designer freebies are here for 2021, and we can’t wait for these fun kits to inspire you! Thanks to a suggestion from community member, Lisa aka Armygrl, our theme this year is focused on all of those special days that make up our sweet memories. From Rainy Days to Ordinary Days, A Day at the Zoo or even a Kinda Nice Day like Erica’s first kit in the series, we can’t wait for you to get your hands on these beauties! Taking inspiration from these fun kits, each month we’ll be asking you to scrap a page focused on the kind of day our designers are celebrating in their featured designer freebies! You’re welcome to use the kit itself, or simply scrap a page inspired by the title, but get creative and let your imagination take the lead.

#4. Inspired By : Ampersand
Be inspired and build your page around the use of ampersands.

#5. Dealers Choice : Color
Scrap with this month’s color swatch.
It should be obvious that the page you've created was inspired by the colors featured in the swatch image posted below.
** You don’t necessarily have to use all of the colors shown [use 2, or 3, or all 5] **

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Text Mixed with Photography
Flex your creative muscle and blend text with your photography.

#8. So Sketchy : Monthly Inspiration!
Use the following sketch as inspiration for your layout.

#9. Seasonal : International Tiara Day
In honor of International Tiara Day on May 24th, scrap a layout about being queen [or princess/prince] for a day! Don’t forget to include the tiara!"

#10. Typography : Filled Alphabets
Scrap a page where filled alphabets are the focus of your layout.

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Heavily Layered Clustering
Use heavily layered clustering to create your page.

#13. Journal : Long-Winded
Scrap a page where your journaling makes up a significant portion of your layout design.

#14. Currently : Subscribing to...

#15. List : Favorite Childhood Stories
Whether you choose to scrap your own list or a list for someone else, we all have stories and tales we loved as children. Pay them tribute in a layout with a list of your faves!

#16. Pop Culture : Disney
Is there a better storyteller than Disney himself? Love it or hate it, the legacy and magic of Disney stories have inspired the imagination of generations at this point, so wish upon a star or bibbidi-bobbidi-boo up a magical Disney inspired layout this month!

#17. Details : Grungy Edges
Use paint and brushes to embellish the edges of your layout.

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim E. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:53 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

#9. Seasonal : International Tiara Day
In honor of International Tiara Day on May 24th, scrap a layout about being queen [or princess/prince] for a day! Don’t forget to include the tiara!"

OMG!!! That is my birthday!!!
Old 05-03-2021, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Where can I find alphabets that I can fill for the typography challenge? I especially like the first two samples.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Where can I find alphabets that I can fill for the typography challenge? I especially like the first two samples.
Not necessarily alphas but Cindy has a bunch of templates you can use or tweak to achieve the look you want.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:27 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
All of the templates Leah shared would work great! I've also shared several other examples that Cindy has available!

You could also use an enlarged block font as a cut file on a paper background as a starting point... does that make sense?

Old 05-04-2021, 03:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you all so much for your help. These are all great templates and the route I will take. Off I go to take advantage of the ongoing sales and get me some of those templates!