Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Special Events > 18th Birthday - Party Game-A-Day
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2024, 11:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default *BONUS* PGAD 2/24: Let's Get to Know Each Other

Happy 18th Birthday SSD! Thanks for welcoming me into the fold!

You have been doing such an amazing job with all of these wonderful games for the past 24 days. I've been secretly following along and getting to know you all by your beautiful layouts.

My name is Kelly and I am over the moon about the fact that I get to be a new designer here at Sweet Shoppe Designs. I am so excited to be a part of such a vibrant community and I look forward to seeing the beautiful layouts you create. I create under the name Connection Keeping and if you would like to check out my starting kits click here.

To get to know you and so you can get to know me, this extra game is a simple get to know you Q and A. Just copy and paste the questions below and answer them. If you complete this by February 27, I'll send you this little set of papers and pennants I made for the birthday celebration.

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color?
2. Where do you live?
3. What is the coolest place you've visited?
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better?
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels?
6. Do you like to read, what type of books?
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better?
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to?
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better?
10. What always brings a smile to your face?
11. What was your first job ever?
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often?
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
14. What topic could you talk about for hours?
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to?
16. What is your biggest pet peeve?
17. What surprising skill do you have?
18. Do you have any collections?

and if you would like to read a little bit about me...

green
2. Where do you live?
right outside of Philadelphia, PA in the US
My family and I were in South Africa for six weeks and it was the best experience of our lives.
Taking a walk outside or scrapbooking are things that really bring me life after it's been a hard day.
I love the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. It's like 6 hours long, but completely worth it. Seriously, so good, I got my daughters hooked.
I do like to read. I listen to fiction audiobooks and nonfiction real books. I love clean romance novels, I know totally cheesy, but I can't get enough.
I love the beach!
I use to be drawn to clustering, and I still love clustering, it's my fave, but now I'm also drawn to layouts that have something totally different on them, a new use for something, weird color combos, a unique way to tell the story, etc.
I like salty. Specifically cheese, I like cheese on anything. Crazy thing about me, I don't like chocolate, I can eat it but I don't like it very much. I have 3 kids that love chocolate and one just like me who is the weirdo that doesn't like it.
My kids laughing really always makes me smile, also cuddles, I love cuddles.
I worked the candy stand at a movie theater when I was 16-18. It's cool because I saw like every movie out in that two year period!
I scrap my kids and our everyday most often.
I was an extrovert and then the pandemic made me a little bit introverted, but get me at a grocery store or on a line somewhere and I'll start talking to the person next to me, so maybe still an extrovert.
I could talk for hours about brain-based parenting for kids with trauma for hours, days, I've got resources...
This sounds horrible, but I love the moment each kid is at school. I have one at college, one in high school, one in middle school, and one in elementary school. The process of dropping off and picking up is like an hour and a half on each end. I like the moment the house is quiet, it's nice to miss them.
Honestly, I don't get bothered by too many annoying things, but maybe it's a kid tapping on the table with a pencil for a really long time.
I have hitchhiker's thumbs.
We love to craft so I have a collection of tp rolls that is both impressive and embarrassing.

Thank you so much for playing and remember if you complete all 29 challenges before March 3rd you can enter to win your wish list - you can update your list here!
Good Luck!!!

Last edited by Robin Carlton; 02-24-2024 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 04:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Kelly, it's so exciting having you join our sweet place!
And it was fun reading your answers. Your kids are all spaced out in ages/grades! lol That must keep you running.

I thought I'd play along...

green or blue or teal

2. Where do you live?
I'm in Georgia. I've ALWAYS lived in Georgia. Home sweet home!

The Biblical History Center which is... in Georgia. lol I want to visit the Ark Encounter in Kentucky.

Oh goodness. I am coming up blank! Ummm...multiple walks in the woods each day?

I always get a kick out of watching Ever After. Always makes me laugh when Drew Barrymore's character carries the Prince (Dougray Scott.)

Yep! Christian historical fiction is my relaxing go-to.

Mountains

Depends on the layout. Could be the colors, the design or the clusters.

Salty. Popcorn is my favorite.

The silly jokes in our family.

I worked in a sports store in our mall.

My three "kids." The oldest two are 21 and my "baby" is 13. (They grow so fast!) Nathan, the youngest, is probably in most of the layouts these days.

Probably more of an introvert.

Well, my husband says I'm not a chatty woman. lol I can listen to my youngest son talk about scientific stuff for what seems like hours. He knows I don't have the same knowledge so I just nod my head a lot and say Mmmm Hmmm.

The evening time after supper and dishes are done. Then it's just hanging out, relaxing, scrapping.

Myself and my thoughts while driving. I get on my own nerves with how impatient I am with other drivers. Because, of course, I drive perfectly. (Did my joking come across?)

My son just said I have the crazy ability to hear him across the house. He can't seem to sneak up on me.

Cookbooks and other random books.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:16 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

So incredibly excited you're finally here Kelly! I'll be back to answer your questions in the morning <3
Old 02-24-2024, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Welcome, Kelly!

Blue

2. Where do you live?
Maine... I even still live in my childhood home. That is both good and bad lol.

In 2019 I took an Adventure Bus trip to the Canadian Rockies. Amazing!

Getting out for a walk while listening to an inspiring podcast or audiobook

Field of Dreams - I cry EVERY time Doc has to walk off the field.

Mystery/Action books are my favorite - combo of "real" books and audio books

Tough question - depends on the day and time of year

Color

I have a wicked sweet tooth... especially for ice cream

My cats

McDonalds

Cats and my 3 sons (especially the oldest (27) who is the only one of the 3 willing to take selfies with me lol

I'm probably a combination, but more of an extrovert

Hmmm.... what's wrong with our education system and how things have changed since I started teaching 36 years ago.....although honestly I try to just focus on the positive stuff in my life lol. My youngest son says I'm a chronic oversharer hahaha!

Coming home from school and seeing my cats

Social media trolls

I can recite most of the Lorelei in German (my high school teacher made us learn it)

Snowmen (see a recent LO) and unused craft supplies

Old 02-24-2024, 01:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe, Kelly!

1.What is your favorite color? Yikes, I don't have one but I gravitate toward neutral colors when I scrap
2. Where do you live? I live in Canada in the province of Quebec
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Belize
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Eating healthy
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Ummm...not any one in particular but I do like spy and detective movies and series
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? I don't read books but I do like reading articles
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? I like both but if I had to choose one over the other I'd choose the beach
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? Symmetry. I like layouts that aren't too cluttered and that have a nice flow to them.
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Depends on my mood but if you put both of them in front of me I'll probably go for the salty
10. What always brings a smile to your face? My grandkids!
11. What was your first job ever? I worked in the cloakroom and souvenir shop at a Biergarten in the city in my last year of high school
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? My grandkids
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? More of an introvert. I don't like parties or too many people that all talk at the same time
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Scrapbooking!
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Morning
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? Those robocalls that are relentless. They are like mosquitos you can't get rid of.
17. What surprising skill do you have? I guess cooking?
18. Do you have any collections?Colored pencils and coloring books

Last edited by Lidia G; 02-24-2024 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:07 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default 18 (ish) things about me.

I need to preface this by saying I don't do well when I need to come up with just 1 answer. Partly because I'm a rebel and don't follow rules very well but because I was a solo parent on a budget I just tend to make best with what I have.

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Fall colors - Yellow, burnt orange, burgundy

2. Where do you live? near Vancouver, BC, Canada

3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Define coolest haha I live in beautiful part of the world and I love to travel so it would be easier to say which was not the coolest place I've visited. If I absolutely had to pick 1... Montreal. I've been there twice, in 2020 for work and in 2022 to the Canadian Grand Prix to celebrate my son's 25th birthday and his graduating uni.

4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Visit with my friends.

5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Hallmark. Almost anyone of them.

6. Do you like to read, what type of books? YES! I like clean romance novels. And cookbooks.

7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Beach.

8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? The photos and journaling.

9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? I'm eating a chocolate dipped pretzel right now. Depends on my mood.

10. What always brings a smile to your face? Memories.

11. What was your first job ever? Delivered newspapers when I was 12. My first job that I had to pay income tax on? Worked at Mac's, a 24-hour convenience store, similar to 7-11.

12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? My friends and family.

13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Both. I love being around lots of people for short periods of time, a few people long periods of time. But I'm also fine being myself for extended periods of time, probably because I have ADHD and so my brain never really turns off.

14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Oh this is a hard one. I have ADHD, I go in phases and so my topic du jour changes on fairly regular basis. Also depends on the people. If I had to pick one, I think it would be the many places I've travelled to.

15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? When I get home and put on my pjs.

16. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who can't be trusted, who talk about other people behind their back.

17. What surprising skill do you have? This is hard one, I'm great at saying what I'm not good at. Things I am, not so much. Surprising ones, that's even harder. Maybe listening to people. Partly because I'm always surprised when someone tells me I am a good listener? Really? because I feel like I'm always talking. In voice and on paper. I have so so many words.

18. Do you have any collections? Does clutter count? Or books about getting rid of clutter? The Hallmark movies on my PVR? I do have some bottles of wine, which is funny because I don't really like to drink it that much.

Last edited by teamkobza; 02-24-2024 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

welcome to the SweetShoppe, Kelly!

blue
2. Where do you live?
I currently live in the Richmond, Virginia area
Venice and Rome, Italy
honestly, taking a nap. I rarely do that though even when I really should.
While You were Sleeping. My whole family can quote every line I have watched it so much.
(Pride and Prejudice, the PBS version with Colin Firth, is of course the best!)

Science Fiction, romance, fantasy. Dragons make any book better
mountains - we lived in Colorado for 17 years and I miss seeing the mountains and the oh so blue skies
the colors, fun and unique embellishments, and the story
sweet
my pets
My first real job was for the university athletic maintenance department. I did whatever my boss said to do each day - usually cleaning up or moving stuff, and I painted a lot of pavement signs. One summer I stenciled "Watch Your Step" in red oil paint on the front and top of every other stair in the big football stadium. It was so hot and boring! LOL I worked there for two summers, so obviously I enjoyed it at least somewhat.
My kids and Disney trips - we have 5 kids and our first grandchild was born at the end of November. Our youngest is in her last few months of high school currently. It will be strange not to have a child in public school after all of these years after May is done.
Definitely more of an introvert
Scrapbooking, high school band stuff, just whatever chatting with my girls and catching up with what they are doing lately.
When everyone is out of the house and off doing their own stuff and I can do what I want. Usually afternoons (thus the no naps LOL).
talking during a show or movie I'm trying to watch
I play the oboe
Snowmen, Disney Pops!, paper scrapping stuff I can't get rid of. I'll use it someday again, right?

Last edited by mmbstaley; 02-24-2024 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome, welcome!!

1. What is your favorite color? Purple and yellow
2. Where do you live? Utah
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? We've really enjoyed visiting cenotes and ancient ruins in Mexico
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Yoga
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? I can't say I have one. I don't re-watch many movies, honestly.
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? I love to read but find that I neglect other responsibilities when I do, so recently I tend to only read while on vacation. I love a good mystery book
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? I really love both, but live by the mountains so go there more often
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? Great shadowing
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Sweet
10. What always brings a smile to your face? My husband
11. What was your first job ever? Phone surveys
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? My family
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Huge introvert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? I'm not a talker so the thought of an hours-long conversation about anything gives me anxiety. LOL!
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Evening when the kids are in bed
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? Cabinets, drawers, and doors left open around the house
17. What surprising skill do you have? My family members say I move like a ninja because I'm so quiet as I walk around the house that I often startle them.
18. Do you have any collections? Besides digital scrapbooking supplies, I have a collection of card and board games
Old 02-24-2024, 02:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We are so happy to have you here at SSD, Kelly!

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Periwinkle
2. Where do you live? Ashland City, Tn
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Grand Tetons
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Naps
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? The Magic of Ordinary Days
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Mystery books by Carrie Stuart Parks
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Smoky Mountains!
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? Clusters
10. What always brings a smile to your face? My family
11. What was your first job ever? Babysitting
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? Family members that allow me to use their photos
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? It depends on the situation and who the people are
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? My grandkids
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? People littering
17. What surprising skill do you have? I can roll my tongue.
18. Do you have any collections? I collect Dept. 56 Christmas village buildings and similar buildings
Old 02-24-2024, 02:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. Where do you live? South Africa
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Iceland
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? taking a nap
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? The Proposal
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Romantic suspense
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Mountains
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? Photos
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Salty
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Cats
11. What was your first job ever? Cashier
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? Family
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Scrapbooking
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? Smoking
17. What surprising skill do you have? Wiggling my ears
18. Do you have any collections? Willowtree figurines.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pink
2. Where do you live?
Greece
The Acropolis of Athens. Luckily it's a 20 min. metro drive from home!
More like an OCD thing, but I like to wash my hair daily. I love the clean feeling.
Madagascar 1 & 2
I now read mostly children books, because of my daughter, and I must say I really enjoy it!
Beach for sure.
Paints, splatters and messy things.
Sweet.
My daughter.
Translator.
I mostly scrap art journaling pages, so mostly about me.
Introvert.
Crafts.
When daughter comes home from school.
I have many. After pandemic, it's hugs & kisses with everyone other than DH and DD. (In Greece people are very cordial and have short memory - social distancing has been forgotten for good!)
I remember faces, and I forget names.
Craft supplies. And digital kits.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:47 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hi Kelly! Welcome!!
I apperntly cannot keep it short. I know this, but now everyone else really does too!

Purple

2. Where do you live?
I have lived in several place, but currently living in Eastern Germany, but we are very likely moving to the US this summer

Northern Ireland, just the whole place. There is so much to see.

I wish I knew an answer to this one. I know I need to be better about figuring this out, but this point in my life I barely have a minute to breathe

I don't really do that. If I am feeling bad, I don't lean into it, rather I try level back out and watch something happy. I am also not really a movie person so I put on a comfort TV Show. For example if I am homesick or missing my family I put on Charmed because I watched that with my mom

Yes! I wish I had more time to do it too. I am very picky and like to re-read books (do we see a theme here haha). I like classics, especially Sherlock Holmes and Alas, Babylon. I have a romance series I adore: The Chicago Stars series by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I also really like Sci-fi, too much to name there.

Neither. I am NOT an outdoors person

The overall feel. I really enjoy looking at layouts that feel magical

Depends on my mood, but I think I lean more toward team salty

My husband

Like half my high school, I did a brief telemarketing stint. Ugh was that a terrible job. Ruined talking on the phone for me

My family. I still in a trying to catch up on the memories stage. I did try a journal style thing about me a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but it was tough to find time

The introverty-est of introverts. Seriously, my husband and I really wonder how we even managed to find each other. AND bonus, we seem to have somehow raised/are raising the extroverty-est of extroverts

Literally anything. Honestly just get me going. Off the top of my head: Safe Sleep, American Girl, How much I hate where I live, The abysmal state of help for Special Needs Kids where I live, A lot of social and political issues, How cute my 6 month old is... and so on.

It really changes as life goes on. Right now strangely I look forward to 5:30 in the morning when my baby has finished his bottle and is back asleep, but also everyone else is asleep and I have quiet to get my day started and clean up AND get to enjoy the clean for a couple of hours. My other favorite part is 21:00 (9 at night) after the kids go to be and my hubby and I work on a puzzle. We just started this around Christmas and it is so nice to do something together again.

Whistling.

I don't know an answer to this one

Why yes, I do I have a good size American Girl collection. I also have small Re-ment collection, Polly Pocket collection, and Littlest Pet Shop collection. I like to collect things
Old 02-24-2024, 04:04 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
Peach
2. Where do you live?
California in USA.
Lake Tahoe.
Scrapbooking.
Enchanted.
Romance.
Beach.
Flowers.
Sweet
A small child's laughter.
At a retail store.
Children.
Introvert.
Sports.
After midnight.
Loud noises.
Common Sense.
Sports bobbleheads.

Last edited by dkane; 02-24-2024 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:29 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Welcome to SSD! Can't wait to discover your designs.

Here are my answers.
For clothes: blue, black, green and red. In general: red, purple and sunset. For scrapping: pastels.
2. Where do you live?
Wijk bij Duurstede right in the centre of the Netherlands.
There is a little waterfall between Torc Waterfall and Ladies View that is really dear to me. This is close to Killarney in Ireland.
Watch vlogs about Walt Disney World on YouTube, preferably by Adam Hattan en GaryC.
I don't really watch movies, but when I was a teenager it used to be Dirty Dancing
Since I was close to a burn-out 2 years ago I can't really read anymore. But I did discover audiobooks and I love to listen to Feelgood and (historical) novels.
A combination is perfect... I love the views of both of them.
Colors, design, clusters, photos and journaling (probably in this order).
Both, depends on the time of the day.
Silly cat/aninmal reels.
I worked at the hairdressers' salon of my friend's father, sweeping and washing hair, serving coffee/tea and making appointments.
My daughter and our trips.
Introvert, but if I get to know you better I can be a little more bubbly.
Walt Disney World and Efteling (themepark in the Netherlands).
Mid afternoon, when I can take a nap.
I don't think I have a pet peeve, or it must be loud noises.
I can tolerate a lot (you can go really far with me) and I accept a lot of things. This makes me open to almost everybody. Until you go to far with me, than you are done forever.
I love to collect stuffed bears from places I've been. I have many Duffy Bears (Disney) and the 4 Efteling bears when they had them. Instead of a bear it could also be a sheep. And thanks, now I know what to do for 1 of the CYOA prompts.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Welcome Kelly, your designs are amazing!!

Questions:
Black (and white)
2. Where do you live?
In Vlissingen, the south of Netherlands
I am totally in love with Venice, but Mostar, Bosnia was impressing.
Taking a long shower
No specific movie, but I love all Bruce Willis movies
I loooove to read. I take my E-reader everywhere. I love romans, chicklits and war romans.
I live at the beach, I love to go there with my dogs but I prefer the mountains (because we don't have them)
Clusters...I am a sucker for clusters
Mhhhh.......I think...sweet...but I also love salt
My dogs...
A waitress in a big hotel where they had bad management. I was 16 and my collegues and me run the whole place.
My children when they were little and my dogs. At this moment I scrap myself a little bit more often because I went through a rough period and scrapping helps me to heal. I did not scrap about it when I was sick..but I need it now.
Extrovert
My dogs and my work
The evenings and sometimes the nights when I wake up very tired
I am a very relaxed person, I do not get irritated very fast...
None I am afraid..hahah....maybe that I can do several things in the same moment, and that I do not need agenda..I remember everything.
Besides a huge collection of scrapkits, I also have a collection of home decorating/crockery from a certain Dutch brand
Old 02-24-2024, 05:02 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Yellow
2. Where do you live? Texas
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Leaning Tower of Pisa.
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Hot baths.
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Love the Oompa Loompas.
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Romance and detective.
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Both. I love the sounds of the beach and beaches have the best sunsets, but the mountain sceneries are amazing.
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? clustering and the photos.
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Sweet snacks.
10. What always brings a smile to your face? My children.
11. What was your first job ever? Telemarketer.
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? Disney trips.
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? extrovert until I come home then introvert.
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Disney.
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Evening - night owl.
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? Not telling the truth and unorganized area.
17. What surprising skill do you have? I do mental math. I started in highschool when I was on the Math team.
18. Do you have any collections? I collect Eiffel Towers and Disney Nuimos.
Old 02-24-2024, 07:46 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Let's Get To Know Each Other

Blue
2. Where do you live?
Utah
Rick Steves Tour to Europe -Amsterdam, Germany, Italy and France
Exercise daily
Pretty Woman
I read the internet - haha too much time on my phone
Beach house or cabin? I'll go to the beach house.
The pictures
Ice cream every night
My grandkids
Hoeing beets at my grandpa's farm. 10 cents a row.
Right now; it's my daughter, but I scrapbook daily on the important events or activities that are happening in my family.
Both: I'm a homebody, but love to go to a party.
I love to visit with my adult children and hear what's going on in their lives.
I'm excited to get up in the morning, but also enjoy crawling into bed at night.
When my husband eats something in the kitchen without a dish under his cookie or food and the crumbs fall to the floor.
I always find the best in others and I compliment them for it.
My scrapbooks. I have A LOT! I love to record my family's life.

Thank you for this fun party game. I enjoy meeting each other.

Last edited by Kim Hansen; 02-24-2024 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 08:43 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Blue

2. Where do you live? Near Orlando, Florida

3. What is the coolest place you've visited? I lived in Germany when I was small and we visited castles and ruins and it was beautiful. We don't do much traveling these days, but we spend plenty of time at Disney World.

4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Skincare and a face mask. A nice shower always helps me feel new.

5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? I don't really watch it that often, but Titanic always gives me all the feels.

6. Do you like to read, what type of books? I'm a librarian, so I read a ton of different stuff. My personal favorite genre is literary fiction with a mystery element, and I like some sort of twist I never saw coming.

7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? I can't decide! I guess it depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? I love seeing stories or a unique subject, and I always pay attention to how the kit was used to enhance the story.

9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Both, but probably salty.

10. What always brings a smile to your face? Anything Disney

11. What was your first job ever? I worked at a movie theater and eventually became a manager there. That's where I met my husband and I have such wonderful memories from that place.

12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? My kids

14. What topic could you talk about for hours? I love to talk, so just about anything haha. Scrapping, clothes, books...

15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Whenever my hubby gets home from work.

16. What is your biggest pet peeve? Just rude people in public I guess. Push in your chair, put your cart back, just be courteous to everyone.

17. What surprising skill do you have? I play guitar. I used to play all the time and felt like it was something everyone knew about me, but the other day my 14-year-old said he had no idea I played, so I guess its been awhile.

Besides scrap kits, no. Maybe planner stickers? I'm kind of a minimalist so I don't really buy a whole lot of stuff. If I had the room and the money, I'd love to collect Loungefly backpacks for our Disney trips. They're all so cute!
Old 02-24-2024, 08:52 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

2. Where do you live? Johannesburg, South Africa
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Elephant Whispers in Hazyview where I got to hug an ellie
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? take a 10minute power nap
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Sister Act
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Love reading.... just finished book 3 of the Anne of Green Gables series. I mainly read Christian fiction but do love a good mystery or lawyer book (Dick Francis / John Grisham)
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? colours and design
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Sweet all the way
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Seeing cute little kids do silly things
11. What was your first job ever? I worked in a paint store
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? My son
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? introvert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? scrapbooking
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? afternoons when I get home from work and have nothing planned
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? traffic and the idiots who can't drive properly
17. What surprising skill do you have? I learn computer software pretty quickly... self taught for most of my skills
18. Do you have any collections? Dust... is that a collection? hehehe. I have a room full of all my scrapbooking stash which hasn't been touched in years since I started digi scrapping guess my family would call that a collection.
Old 02-24-2024, 08:56 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? BLUE
2. Where do you live? Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada)
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Cotswold, UK
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Yoga
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? The Notebook
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Biography and Crime
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Mountains but beach is a close 2nd
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? photos and design
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? both depending on my mood
10. What always brings a smile to your face? seeing my kids
11. What was your first job ever? McDonald's unless you consider babysitting before that
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? family and travel
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? extrovert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? travelling
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? evening ,time to relax
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? aggressive & rude drivers
17. What surprising skill do you have? multitasking
18. Do you have any collections? Coins, Travel keepsakes

Last edited by Route66; 02-24-2024 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Teal Green

2. Where do you live?
Worcester, MA (woo-stah )

Chicago

Get tattoos

Lord of the Rings

Yup! Mostly Fantasy/Sci-fi....see above.

Mountains....I burn in the sun.

Photos

Umm both....kettle corn is my weakness

my 3 kids

CVS cashier in high school

My kids and Disney

Super introvert

Science... I'm a scientist...

When I get out of work and pick up my kids from after school activities

My office mate who chews ice from lunch to the end of the day

I can dissect anything

Books and music

Last edited by liriel; 02-24-2024 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:34 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Welcome Kelly, nice to get to know you.

Bluish Teal
2. Where do you live?
Iowa
The Big Island in Hawaii
Taking a walk outside.
I have two; While You Were Sleeping and the BBC Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. Do we like the same Pride and Prejudice?
I love to read. Fiction, mysteries, but no bloody ones, and historical. Non-fiction; cookbooks, photography, historical, biographies.
Mountains
The Photos
Sweet, it's all about the chocolate
Songs by Elton John or Def Leppard, 100% of the time. I should say my family, who make me smile 98% of the time.
I had a lawn mowing business throughout high school. It started with one neighbor and by my senior year I had eight customers.
My family and our pets
Extrovert, I will carry on a conversation with random people. Someone once said I have never met a stranger. My family gets so embarrassed.
I talk about a lot of stuff, but hardly the same thing for hours.
The morning with my first cup of coffee.
Being lied to.
Spacial reasoning; I think it's from years of being a photographer. I see 3D shapes from 2D images
Loads, I go in waves of collections. Now is not things, but memories. Seeing and doing new things.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:52 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

1. What is your favorite color? yellow
2. Where do you live? Ontario, Canada
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? San Francisco
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? drink tea
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? I don't know about the feels but I watch Stars Wars a lot
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? mystery or horror
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? mountains
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? the colors
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? sweet
10. What always brings a smile to your face? my doggies
11. What was your first job ever? working in the bakery in Kroger's
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? Hmm it's a tie between my husband and the dogs
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? animals
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? when my husband is done with work
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? people not cleaning up after themselves
17. What surprising skill do you have? we joke I have excellent timing (I can usually know how long time has passed within a few seconds) but as for an actual skill, I guess draw
18. Do you have any collections? I have a lot of books and dice for DnD
Old 02-24-2024, 10:18 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Purple
2. Where do you live? Florida
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Costa Rica
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Reading
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Pride and Prejudice or Red White and Royal Blue
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? smutty fantasy
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Definitely Beach
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? composition
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Salty
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Baby Yoda
11. What was your first job ever? McDonalds
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? My three boys and my 3 cats
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? introvert until you get to know me
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Star Wars
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? When the kids go to bed
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? If you are in the fast lane on the highway and someone behind you wants to go faster, get out of the lane
17. What surprising skill do you have? I have a freaky good memory
18. Do you have any collections? besides scrapbooking kits and templates, Baby Yoda stuff
Old 02-24-2024, 10:26 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? - all the different shades of purple
2. Where do you live? - Indiana
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? - The Mystery Spot
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? - Exercise - I hate doing it but feel so good about myself when it is over
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? - a movie where an individual / group beats the odds
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? - Science fiction and adventure
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? - both are great
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? - the pictures of course
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? - a sweet snack that is salty
10. What always brings a smile to your face? - ice cream - there is no such thing as bad ice cream
11. What was your first job ever? - babysitting
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? - my life's witnesses
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? - It depends on the situtation. When I'm in a room that only has one person in it, I'm the most outgoing one there
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? - would never happen - that's just too long to talk about anything
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? - Dinnertime
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? - Rudeness
17. What surprising skill do you have? - The ability to say something ridiculous at the wrong moment
18. Do you have any collections? - many bills and a lot of dust

Last edited by elaov; 02-24-2024 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 10:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. What is your favorite color? Black
2. Where do you live? NE Ohio
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? The Bahamas
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Listening to Music
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Ace Ventura - Pet Detective
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Fiction but I've been all over the place lately
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Beach
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? Clusters and colors
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Making my kids laugh
11. What was your first job ever? Scrubbing toilets in a nursing home
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? Lately, the cat
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Can I be a midtrovert? I can go either way.
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Okay, maybe an introvert. I can't talk for hours about anything.
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Lunch
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? I guess now it's my neighbor firing his gun right outside my window.
17. What surprising skill do you have? I'm pretty organized and can crank out a lot of work when I feel motivated.
18. Do you have any collections? Business cards
Old 02-24-2024, 11:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
Green

2. Where do you live?
Alberta, Canada

San Francisco

Hot water bottle when I am cold

I don't have one, but my son has watched Harry Potter probably close to 100 times already

Yes, and medical thrillers and science fiction

Mountains

The variety of elements

Both!

My family

Piano teacher

My family

Introvert

Nothing really, I'm not that big of a talker

Evenings with my hubbie

People who park too close to an intersection (they are supposed to be 5m away)

The ability to walk in front of my husband right when the most critical play is happening in the NFL game

I collected special Christmas decorations (1 per year) for years - I have enough to decorate my whole tree!
Old 02-24-2024, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Purple or black (my nails are painted black year round)
2. Where do you live? Texas girl here
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Alaska! Can't wait to go back
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? chocolate or a nap
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? 50 First Dates but I really prefer to watch Criminal Minds episodes on repeat
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? ALL THE TIME! Love to read. I read a lot of historical fiction as well as mystery or thrillers
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? the story and then clustering/theming
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? sweet..I am loving Chobani Flips greek yogurt (Peach crumble, cookie dough and smores are a fav)
10. What always brings a smile to your face? My husband <3
11. What was your first job ever? Besides a baby sitting gig...it was Chickfila
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? my boys, our road trips
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert until I get to know you then watch out. LOL
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Books!
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Night time when the youngest goes to bed and hubby and I go to bed. We usually get in bed around 9pm and read for an hour or so
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? cabinets being left open, empty boxes/bottles, random clothes laying everywhere (can you tell I live with teenagers)
17. What surprising skill do you have? ?Not sure on that one
18. Do you have any collections? books, board games and gnomes If you want to go digital...I am a hoarder of digi scrapbooking supplies
Old 02-24-2024, 11:21 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Questions:

In general: teal / for clothes: black / for scrapping: pink.

2. Where do you live?
Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Paris (or Prague). It's hard to pick one!

Eating well.

Julie & Julia.

Romance.

Mountains.

Colors, clusters, photos and shadows.

Sweet.

Our dog, Nala.

Babysitter.

My family.

Introvert.

Baking.

Evening.

Dirty dishes in the sink.

I have a good memory for numbers.

I collect cookbooks and recipes.

Last edited by annachris70; 02-24-2024 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:29 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? Orange
2. Where do you live? Indiana
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Disneyworld
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Relaxing bubble bath
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Anything Disney
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? not a big reader
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? colors used
10. What always brings a smile to your face? my kids
11. What was your first job ever? My dad recovered furniture so I would help him in his shop.
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? my kids
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? extrovert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? horse
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? evening
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? messy house
17. What surprising skill do you have? riding horses maybe?
18. Do you have any collections? I have a bell collection but it is packed up and I have a ton of Beanie Babies that are also packed up.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:38 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

1. What is your favorite color? Purple

2. Where do you live? Near Charlotte, NC

3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Probably Hawaii. Although we saw some really cool places in Europe on our transatlantic cruises.

4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Pedicures

5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? I love the movie "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days".

6. Do you like to read, what type of books? I'm not much of a reader. I prefer tv/movies.

7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? The beach

8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? The photos and the colors.

9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better?Both, but probably salty.

10. What always brings a smile to your face?Disney and my cats. lol

11. What was your first job ever? I sitting as a teenager but my first official job was Burger King.

12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? Mostly vacation photos.

13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?Introvert

14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Disney cruises, Disney parks

15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Bedtime until it's actually time for bed. lol

16. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who are oblivious. Like when you hold the door open for someone and they just waltz through and don't even take the door or thank you for holding it. I have a lot of pet peeves. lol. Also when you order a large beverage at a fast food place and they completely fill it with ice.

17. What surprising skill do you have? Hmmm. I don't know. My friends love that I make shirts with my Cricut. lol. Also my family likes the scrapbooks I have made for them.

18. Do you have any collections? I have some Disney Kinkade paintings. Also, a collection of Disney Dooneys and Loungeflys. My digital scrapbook stash is also pretty huge. lol
Old 02-24-2024, 11:49 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
1. What is your favorite color? right now it is teal and turquoise. But it always changes
2. Where do you live? Meridian, Idaho
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Cruise to the Bahamas.
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Scrapbooking
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Footloose
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Love it. Romance and crime/ suspense
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? The beach. I love the sound of the ocean waves.
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? Colors
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Salty sweet. Reese’s
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Babies laughing
11. What was your first job ever? Office assistant
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? My dogs
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Extrovert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? My dogs
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Mornings
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? I’m disabled. And I’ve been dealing with sores. So definitely that.
17. What surprising skill do you have? Typing with a mouth stick
18. Do you have any collections? Scrapbooking kits LOL
Old 02-24-2024, 11:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

2. Where do you live? Rock Springs, WY
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Hard to narrow to one. I love all the places I have visited for different reasons.

4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Getting outside, hiking
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Pride and Prejudice Kiera Knightly version
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Mysteries! Medical mysteries
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? The pictures
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Both
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Good chocolate
11. What was your first job ever? Babysitting
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? My family, my kids, our trips
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Both depends on situation
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Nutrition, Fitness, Wellness
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? My quiet time
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? Students not studying
17. What surprising skill do you have? Not sure surprising, I can usually do most things, I pick up information quickly and usually self teach new skills.
18. Do you have any collections? seashells, dolphins, porcelain dolls, Christmas ornaments

Last edited by knclark; 02-24-2024 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:52 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

2. Where do you live? Bryan Texas- Central Texas
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Italy/Sicily
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Bubble Bath
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? I don't really have one
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? mystery/romance
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? I like both - depends on if I want more cold weather or the ocean
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? sometimes its the colors, sometimes it the actual layout of the page and sometimes its the photos
10. What always brings a smile to your face? kids laughter
11. What was your first job ever? gift wrapper
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? my kitties
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? when I have a hours long conversation the topic charges so often its hard to tell
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? those first few minutes when you lay down and you can feel your body start to relax
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? stupid people
17. What surprising skill do you have? i'm pretty mechanically inclined
18. Do you have any collections? I'm a crafty - its all a collection!
Old 02-24-2024, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Purple
2. Where do you live?
Currently in NY
Iceland and Greenland
I watch a sickening amount of reality TV.
Pride and Prejudice - any version
I generally only read non-fiction. I love books about science.
Mountains
The overall use of color
Yes (lol)
My kitty, Bootsie
I was a checker in a local market
My kitty or my travels
Introvert, but most people are surprised by that
My job. Ugh. lol
The evening when I can put my feet up and breathe
Loud chewing
I'm an Excel wizard
A tremendous amount of stationary
Old 02-24-2024, 12:09 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
Teal
2. Where do you live?
New Jersey
Riga
Facials and massages
I don?t watch movies more than once. This is not a thing for me.
I?m always reading something. My favorite genre is British mysteries.
A beach next to the mountains!
The design
Give me sugar!
Seeing animals/birds in nature.
Besides working on the family farm?a print room file clerk.
Easily my daughter.
Introvert
None, see above. LOL
Breakfast after my workout
Right now it is cars speeding past my house
My technology skills tend to surprise people because of my age and my sex.
Digital scrapbook supplies!

Old 02-24-2024, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

teal

2. Where do you live?
Pennsylvania

Outer Banks, North Carolina

reading

Any of the Bridget Jones movies

Love to read romance books.

the Beach

probably colors first, use of elements

sweet

my kids

working the snack stand at the community pool

my 3 kids

definitely an introvert.

my kids

lunchtime at home alone when I cat eat quietly in front of the t.v.

Rude & inconsiderate people. There seem to be so many of them...

The only think I can think of right now is propagating my plants

I like to collect old white pitchers & tea pots & milk glass.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:27 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Purple
2. Where do you live?
Southern Wisconsin
When we lived in Germany, we took a cruise on the Rhine River. We were able to visit some of the castles along the river.
Scrap and using my Cricut
The Princess Bride or Labyrinth
romance, time travel, historical fiction, fantasy
This is hard I love them both, but if I have to choose it the beach would win.
Salty all the way.
My great grandchildren
Busy girl at The Manor it use to be one of only two here
trips and family
Introvert for sure
Absolutely nothing. LOL
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to?Morning, it's when I have the house to myself
The way people drive, I have horrible road rage(and I don't even drive)
I really don't have any
Holiday decor it takes up at least 3/4th of the basement base
Old 02-24-2024, 01:35 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

2. Where do you live? Sicilia, Italy
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Buenos Aires
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Watching 'Run BTS' episodes
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Reading or listen to music do the magic for me in such situations
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Anything really, but my favourite books are 'Jane Eyre' and 'The Lord of the rings' trilogy
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Beach
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? The background (pp)
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Both
10. What always brings a smile to your face? BTS being BTS (ARMY know )
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? What makes me happy
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? BTS
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? 'Me' time
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? I h.a.t.e. the noise my very rude upstairs neighbors make every hour every day
17. What surprising skill do you have? My hearing
18. Do you have any collections? Failures and lately anxieties

{..:: daydreamer. imagination. dreams. books. night owl. nights. stars. sky. sea. pizza. music. movies & TV series. fairy tales. fantasy. magic. unicorns. pigs. fall. winter. ♋June. kawaii. manga. anime. colours. Sicilia♥Argentina. family. daughter. aunt. sister ::..}
Old 02-24-2024, 02:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome Kelly!

Questions:
Right now dark green

2. Where do you live?
Baltimore, MD

Italy, still drooling over all the food especially yogurt soft serve

Being alone with music in my ears

I don't have a movie that I rewatch over and over... maybe Harry Potter (any)

I do, right now romance novels by Julia Quinn (which turned into Bridgerton series)

beach

Mostly color but also impressed by layouts done without a template which I can't do

depends on the mood. I try to eat salty rather than sweet thinking it's not as bad...

looking at pictures of my kids when they were younger (but also tears)

real job that wasn't temporary, nanny

my kids

introvert through and through

I'd rather not talk actually

when the house is quiet

I have many, cursing especially in front of children is one

can't think of one

not really, does the HP book collection count?
Old 02-24-2024, 02:56 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

To be honest its black.
2. Where do you live?
Cornwall. Ontario in Canada
My husband and I spent a month just outside Akimel Mexico a few years ago and had the most amazing holiday ever.
Taking a walk surrounded by nature.
5. What is your go-to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels?
You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. (It always brightens my day)
I love to read !! I will read almost anything (oddly enough my kids would always tease that I would read a manual(about anything) if that was all there was to read. lol and true
How about a beach in the mountains !!!
Color, theme, or something unique.
I am drawn to licorice both sweet and salty.
See my loved ones even if its just in a photo.
Helping my sister in the Signs and Display Dept in a local store.
My children and grandchildren.
Overall I am more of an Extrovert. I can talk to anyone, anywhere, anytime, and do.
Just about anything...
The evening is my relax time.
People that hear but don't really listen.
Always being able to find the Silver Lining.
Many.....plants, feathers, rocks, seashells, Nora Roberts and Steven King books...and of course scrapbooking supplies both paper and digital, and of course multitudes of photos to go with them **
Old 02-24-2024, 03:24 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
Purple
2. Where do you live?
Des Moines, IA suburb
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Iceland, vacation with my husband two years ago, such a beautiful place
Reading
The BBC version of Pride and Prejudice.
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Yes! Historical fiction, romance, memoirs, fantasy, almost anything
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better?mountains
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? simple clean lines
10. What always brings a smile to your face? my smiling kids
11. What was your first job ever? reshelving books at the library, best job ever!
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? my kids
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? introvert for sure!
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? traveling
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? evening when everything is done for the day and I can be home
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? clothes and socks strewn about my house
17. What surprising skill do you have? cake decorating
18. Do you have any collections? my Christmas Legos, I build my Lego village with my boys

Such a fun way to get to know everyone better. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2024, 03:25 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the game and welcome to the Sweet Shoppe!

1. What is your favorite color? My favorite color is pink.
2. Where do you live? I live in a small village in Ohio.
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? The coolest place I have every visited in Charleston, SC. Gorgeous city!
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Reading always makes me feel better. Love getting lost in a good story!
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? My go to movie is The Court Jester with Danny Kaye. Actually any Danny Kaye movie brightens my day
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? I like to read historical fiction and mysteries but I also enjoy magical realism and a good romance
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? I like the mountains the best.
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? The colors usually draw my eye first.
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? I really like a sweet and salty combo
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Children's laughter!!!
11. What was your first job ever? More first job was as a Kelly Girl where I was basically a substitute for receptionist.
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? I mostly scrap my grandchildren currently.
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I'm a big old introvert who loves hanging out in her own little home.
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? I'm not a big talker but probably book.
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? I like quiet evening.
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? Negativity and impatience
17. What surprising skill do you have? I can't think of any surprising skills.
18. Do you have any collections? Yes, I collect frogs.

Old 02-24-2024, 03:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. What is your favorite color? purple
2. Where do you live?South Carolina
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Isle of Skye in Scotland
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better?I love painting my nails, lol. I love the requirement of sitting and not touching anything for a while afterward, and I love the way my nails look for the next few days, haha
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Legally Blonde or My Best Friend's Wedding
6. Do you like to read, what type of books?yes! Mostly historical fiction or suspense
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better?mountains
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? colors
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? hard choice, I guess salty. Or sweet and salty, haha
10. What always brings a smile to your face?kittens
11. What was your first job ever? first job with a W2- sales associate at the Limited Too clothing store
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often?my kids
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?introvert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours?most topics, haha
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to?5 am workouts/runs with my friend group! We're all crazy
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? hmm, maybe when my family members put their dirty dishes right next to/above the dishwasher instead of IN it.
17. What surprising skill do you have?I can peel an orange in one piece
18. Do you have any collections?Disney Doorables. I get one when I do a good job on my household chores, LOL
Old 02-24-2024, 03:38 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Questions:
2. Where do you live? Texas
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Texas
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Naps and baths
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Silver linings playbook
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Yes, Brad Thor and vince flynn
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? BEACH
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? Clusters and colors
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Puppies
11. What was your first job ever? Target
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? Family
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Extrovert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Cars
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Bath
16. What is your biggest pet peeve?not yielding to cars coming off the highway. 17. What surprising skill do you have? Handyman
18. Do you have any collections? Cars
Old 02-24-2024, 03:49 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

So very excited that you are at SSD Kelly! It was fun getting to know more about you.

Questions:

Fuchsia

2. Where do you live?
Spokane, WA

The Jemez Mountains in NM

Read or Scrapbook

Gone With the Wind

Murder Mysteries

Beach

Clustering and photos

Sweet

the antics of my grandchildren

Working in an ice cream parlor

My Grandchildren

Introvert

My grandchildren

Evening when we sit down to watch TV and I also scrap then

People bringing their dogs into the store or restaurant

I don't really know that I have anything remarkable

I used to have a collection of frog figurines lol
Old 02-24-2024, 04:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. What is your favorite color? green (I just don't wear much of it. I set a goal to buy more green this year.
2. Where do you live? Michigan born and raised
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Hawaii. I went on tour with my choir group in College
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? taking a nap
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Newsies
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Yes, Christian Fiction (Mystery are my favorites, but I enjoy any)
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? the photos
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? Sweet- chocolate
10. What always brings a smile to your face? My own children, or other people's kids
11. What was your first job ever? Housekeeping at college
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? my family and our trips
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? a very observent introvert
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Travel- mostly Disney
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? bedtime. I like sleep!
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? improper use of language
17. What surprising skill do you have? super fast at typing
18. Do you have any collections? I collect Precious Moments figurines (although most of them are packed away since I don't really have a place to display them anymore).
Old 02-24-2024, 04:08 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Glad to see you here! this is a fun one and i tend to be wordy, so here goes ...

1. What is your favorite color? Always and forever BLUE!
2. Where do you live? The capital of New Jersey (right in the middle of our state, and YES, there is a MIDDLE!
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? That’s tough because I’ve visited 47 of our 50 great states as well as Mexico and Canada but I’m going to go with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. It just gave me chills!
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? Head to the ocean and breathe that salt sea air
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? The Magic of Belle Isle. Always makes me feel better!
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? Love to read is an understatement .. I’m probably the only kid who’s mom wouldn’t allow me to read all the time. My favorite books (and I like actual books although I do have some on my ipad) are definitely murder mysteries
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? I grew up in the Adirondack mountains in New York state but I cannot be more than an hour from any ocean
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? Definitely bright colors and an eclectic mix
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? 100% salt. I rarely eat sweets but if I do, I have to eat pretzels to get the sweet out of my mouth
10. What always brings a smile to your face? Kids. Just kids. I look at their little faces and instantly smile. Although I do prefer my grandkids!
11. What was your first job ever? My first job was in the typing pool of the state treasury department. Never wanted to work in such a humdrum atmosphere every again.
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? At this point, it’s my grandkidlets. Although I do also love heritage scrapping.
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Totally introvert. Wouldn’t bother me in the least to never talk to anyone ever again (unless it was a kid. They are more interesting to talk to)
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? Either music or art
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? Definitely the evening or night when I get peaceful me time
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? The current obsession with inserting “LIKE” after every three words in every conversation
17. What surprising skill do you have? I can cross just one eye. Used to make my sisters sick when I did it at the dinner table
18. Do you have any collections? Definitely. I have several but my favorite is Barbie. I have loved her since I got my first Barbie in 1959 (and I still have her). My second is Campbell’s soup. My kitchen is red and white so I have all kinds of Campbell’s soup things and made curtains with Campbell’s soup fabric at one point

COLOR possesses me. I don't have to pursue it. It will possess me always, I know it. That is the meaning of this happy hour: COLOR and I are one. I am a painter. Paul Klee
Old 02-24-2024, 04:20 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

How fun! I look forward to seeing more of your kits!

Questions:
2. Where do you live? Minnesota, USA
3. What is the coolest place you've visited? Andean Mountains in Ecuador
4. What self-care thing that you do actually helps you feel better? doing puzzles
5. What is your go to movie, the one you watch when you are in your feels? Masterpiece's Pride and Prejudice
6. Do you like to read, what type of books? I love all books! except maybe sci fi
7. Do you like the beach or the mountains better? Beach. Mountains give me a headache. I'm a flatlander. lol
8. When you look at a layout what are you often drawn to? The photos
9. Do you like sweet or salty snacks better? oh sadly sweet
10. What always brings a smile to your face? my kid playing baseball or in band
11. What was your first job ever? So-Fro Fabrics
12. What or whom do you scrap about most often? family everyday and vacations
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? INTROVERT!
14. What topic could you talk about for hours? knitting and my kids
15. What part of the day do you most often look forward to? early morning when no one is up
16. What is your biggest pet peeve? people driving with their brights on
17. What surprising skill do you have? sewing
18. Do you have any collections? I have lots of collections! Yarn, fabric, digi supplies. Mostly craft related
Old 02-24-2024, 04:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So happy to discover your universe Kelly and know more about you! Welcome at SSD!
Love your part of the collab, here's my answers:

Pink
2. Where do you live?
I live in France in Loire Valley near Orleans but I used to live in Paris for 32 years old.
Basque Country, I love San Sebastian (Donostia)
Being with my family
I enjoy comedies but I like lots of kind of movies. When I'm sad I enjoy watching Intouchables with my mom.
I like to read all kind of books but miss time.
I love the ocean but in Basque country you have both mountains and beach so I love both!
Most of the time it's the feeling of the layout that eye's catching me but it can be the colors and the clusters or whatever touch me!
I think it's sweet ones, love candies but try to avoid it.
My kids when they laugh or joke with me.
I always be a nurse and then a pediatric nurse. Now I'm a SAHM.
My kids and my family
I guess introvert because I feel good at home alone but on other hand, I'm shy but if someone talk to me in a line I'm super talkative too. So I don't know. I need help to be an extrovert.
Honestly something I want to share my opinion, it can be any subject: politic, music, culture, last tv show, whatever!
I understand what you mean with the part of the day when kids are in school!lol! I admit this one is great but I will choose the start of the night when I'm in my bed with kids sleeping and finally have quiet time for me!lol! I love being with my kids too of course I just hate mornings.
Gosh I have tons but the last I scrapped about is my OCD and when my kids do mess when I just clean the house. Lol.
I'm super sensitive and sometimes feel very strongly what is going to happen or what to avoid doing at a given moment.
I used to have collection of lots of things but now it's Willow tree statues and candles with specific decoration on the cap like jam pot.