Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-19-2020, 08:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What is the first thing you want to do?

How are you holding up?
Are you still under quarantine, or has your area started opening up again?

What is the first thing you want to do (or have done) when the stay-at-home order is lifted in your area?
Old 05-19-2020, 08:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are in Phase 2 of our quarantine being lifted. Restaurants, hair dressers, gyms & spas opened up on Saturday!! They all have limits on how many people are allowed in, and people are still supposed to stay 6-feet apart.

I am looking forward to going out to dinner! Seriously... just eating OUT at a restaurant! The first thing I want to have is SUSHI!
Old 05-19-2020, 08:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I want to see my siblings (I'm one of seven and most have been staying home). I miss them.

I miss the gym but I'm not sure I'll go back right away. IDK...definitely a mani/pedi.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We really want Mexican food. Restaurants here are allowed to operate at half of capacity (I think that's right) so I'm going to try to get a reservation for Thursday.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'd love to go to dinner. Michigan is still under stay home orders until the 28th.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
We really want Mexican food. Restaurants here are allowed to operate at half of capacity (I think that's right) so I'm going to try to get a reservation for Thursday.
We've ordered takeout from our favorite Mexican restaurant. And, to-go margaritas are a bonus!

Old 05-19-2020, 11:18 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Ugh what I *want* is to buy a flight ticket, apply for a visa and return to hubby. Alas, that's not gonna happen for the time being, even if they lift up the quarantine restriction. International travels are still so much restricted and complicated.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My personal comfort level and timeline will most likely be a lot more conservative than when things officially start opening up. I prefer to wait to see how each phase of loosened restrictions impacts new cases, etc. I don't foresee myself going to a restaurant and actually being able to enjoy myself at this point. The stress of it would outweigh the enjoyment, same with most other activities. My employer has mandated WFH through September 1 for all North American employees.

Based on this article which outlines a real-world situation of how one restaurant patron infected 9 people (many of whom were sitting > 6' away) it just makes me super uncomfortable. Until I can get to the point of being at peace should I get infected, I'm just not there yet.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...jGA6ZbtZXCZpFQ
Old 05-20-2020, 12:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we are opening up slowly down here too.

We got to go visit with friends on Saturday night, was so exciting, lol. And I am having one other family for a meal next week to celebrate our Jewish holiday of Shavuot. We are only allowed 5 others to visit at a time but can be with 10 others outside.

I will be having my first haircut/colour/blow next week in three months and can not wait to get rid of my skunk line down the middle of my head!!

No restaurants/cafes open until June 1, but then with 20 people allowed, 50 by mid June and maybe, if all goes well, 100 by July 1.

Absolutely NO interstate travel yet and as for overseas... we'll be lucky if it is allowed by January next year (except maybe to New Zealand... )

But I did go clothes shopping today... it felt great as I really needed some new winter clothes. The stores are doing everything correct, had all the correct signage up directing distancing etc and I couldn't try anything on, had to bring home, try on and will return what is not suitable.

There is a definite feeling of 'lightness' for want of a better way of putting it, in the air even though almost everyone is really trying hard to keep the physical distancing and doing the right thing.

I will be honest and say, I thank God everyday we live in Australia, we have been very lucky down here, in many many ways, and I just hope that, going into winter, things don't get worse.

stay safe, healthy and happy everyone.xx
Old 05-20-2020, 01:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Our order was lifted 2 1/2 weeks ago and restaurants, salons, and stores are operating at half capacity. I believe gyms open up next week. We have visited my mom twice outside on her porch since then but otherwise our activity level has not changed.

I read the same article Sheri mentioned above so we won't be eating at any restaurants, participating in any family celebrations, or participating in anything else that takes place inside and/or in a large crowd for awhile yet. My kids haven't been in a public building since March 15.

My cousin is sending me masks for the kids. When we receive them, we may go to a store (the article above mentions that shopping doesn't account for much infection which makes sense since you're constantly moving around) to buy the kids some summer clothing they desperately need but that'll be all.

A national article cited the county I live in as being a future "hot spot" for infections and we're just out of the 14 day incubation period so I'm planning on a second wave & a second stay-at-home order in the next few weeks or months. My county has a "mandatory" face mask policy for all public buildings but most of the people I have seen since this went into effect are not wearing them or wearing them incorrectly so I really do think it's just a matter of time.

I am most missing church and live music so I hope we're able to do that sometime in the next 12 months.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We're still under stay at home orders until at least May 28th. If we really do start re-opening then, nothing will change for my family. Community spread and new infections are still too high for us to feel safe going out if we can avoid it.

The things I'd most like to do, like visit family and go on vacation, are still a long way away. My kids miss their friends, and after stay at home orders are lifted I'd love to get them together in a relatively safe way. I miss my students, but this weekend I need to drop something off at their houses and will be able to say hi from their front yards. I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2020, 02:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We entered Phase 1 of reopening this past Friday. We live in a relatively rural area and our entire county has only seen 25 cases this entire time; however, we are still taking precautions. We're still keeping our out and about to a minimum, which isn't much different than normal for us. Most of our outings are way up in the mountains where people don't go.

We try to do all our grocery shopping at Costco, local butcher shop and 1 little grocery store in our town so we can eliminate multiple trips.

I did go to the beauty supply store and bought some bleach to do mine/girls hair and I went for a wax.

Our gym is open, but we have 24 hour access and go late at night, usually just the 2 of us in the building. We did go this afternoon before hubs went to work and only saw 2 other people while we were there. They have all the machines taped off and an abundance of sanitizing stuff.

I am still WFH until mid-June, when school would officially be out (I'm on intermittent Pandemic leave due to school closure). Not really looking forward to going back to the office full-time (drama and stress).

The one thing I am most looking forward to though, is getting some good Mexican food. We'll most likely do that on a take-out basis though, just to avoid any crowds. We are tentatively going for a road trip this weekend, we bought a Jeep and want to drive through the Redwoods. It'll just be us and the dogs and we'll be taking food with us so no social stops, etc.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:38 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
My personal comfort level and timeline will most likely be a lot more conservative than when things officially start opening up. I prefer to wait to see how each phase of loosened restrictions impacts new cases, etc. I don't foresee myself going to a restaurant and actually being able to enjoy myself at this point. The stress of it would outweigh the enjoyment, same with most other activities.
Same. I don't think I fit into the definition of what everyone else views as the vulnerable population, but with my health issues I don't have a clue what capacity my immune system works at and if/how much I'm immuno-compromised. I know it takes me 2+ weeks to get over a head cold that my husband was over in a week. So...I'm going to be a little more careful for a bit longer than others may choose to. Of course, I'm also agoraphobic and have social anxiety disorder so most of the stuff people miss (like going out to eat in a restaurant) I never liked much and am mostly fine still doing without.

I don't know if it will be the first thing I do, because I'm going to have to save up a bit of money for it, but see me rockin' that electric blue hair in my avatar? I'm not rockin' that awesome hair right now. I haven't rocked that awesome hair for at least 2 years. A few months ago I went purple, but...that faded. Terribly. Within the first couple of weeks. I definitely did not rock it. So...I want to go back to rockin' the blue hair, I think it was my color. Hopefully by the end of summer I can do that. The first thing I *WANT* to do is go on a giant craft supply shopping spree, but it's less stay-at-home orders and more uh, no-spending orders stopping me from that right now.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I want to have big parties, lol. We usually do "Smokin' Sundays" in the summer, where we have 20+ people over and we smoke some meat and have a big picnic and it's just so fun and relaxing and I love it so. I also want to go back to church! That being said, I'm nervous about everything. Ohio started opening up, and all of a sudden, it feels like too fast! Too soon! We have had small gatherings with some family in the past week or so, mostly hanging outside and still social distancing, and that has been so wonderful. If we hadn't already done that, that would have been my #1 answer. We are thinking about slowly seeing more people, but only outside. We are still avoiding crowds and things that we don't need to do.

Old 05-20-2020, 08:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Number one on my list is going out to dinner with my husband & son to our favorite restaurant for sure. We are missing it (does that mean went there way too often ?!?!). Restaurants are allowed to re-open over here on June 1st but only 30 customers at a time in the restaurant which is not a lot but it does make me feel good about going out to dinner again. I know that restaurant decided to not re-open on June 1st but they want to re-open on July 1st so we have to be a little bit more patient before we can enjoy their lovely food.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm good--there really isn't anything I'm in a rush to do. I workout in our basement, cut mine and my family's hair, enjoy shopping online, etc. My daughters can't wait to see their friends, though. Most of our family is high risk, so we may not even see them once the restrictions are fully lifted--just because restrictions have been lifted doesn't mean things are safe.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just want to stay home longer! I want to stay home until there is a vaccine! I know it will take a while...
Old 05-20-2020, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Tammie, We just lost a dear friend and I just want to be go somewhere and celebrate his life with his friends and family. That seriously is the only thing I want to do.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I want to give my parents hugs! We have been seeing my parents from a social distance on and off during quarantine, but I just really want to hug them. If there is something that quarantine has brought out for me, it is that you don't know what life will bring and to love on people in your life right now. It has been hard to have to show the most love by not hugging =(
Old 05-20-2020, 01:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
I want to see my siblings (I'm one of seven and most have been staying home). I miss them.

I miss the gym but I'm not sure I'll go back right away. IDK...definitely a mani/pedi.
I'll bet it's been hard having to be away from your siblings, Carrie! Have you been Facetiming?
My mom is getting a pedi today. She's SO excited. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I hope you're able to get a reservation, Rebecca!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I'd love to go to dinner. Michigan is still under stay home orders until the 28th.
Isn't it funny that we're looking forward to something that was commonplace before all of this? You're almost there, Vanessa!!
Old 05-20-2020, 02:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
We've ordered takeout from our favorite Mexican restaurant. And, to-go margaritas are a bonus!
We haven't found anywhere here that has to-go margaritas, so I bought everything to make them. I'm trying different recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Ugh what I *want* is to buy a flight ticket, apply for a visa and return to hubby. Alas, that's not gonna happen for the time being, even if they lift up the quarantine restriction. International travels are still so much restricted and complicated.
Oh, Sherly, my heart goes out to you!! I'm looking forward to something so minor compared to you. I am praying you'll get to go home to your hubby soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
My personal comfort level and timeline will most likely be a lot more conservative than when things officially start opening up. I prefer to wait to see how each phase of loosened restrictions impacts new cases, etc. I don't foresee myself going to a restaurant and actually being able to enjoy myself at this point. The stress of it would outweigh the enjoyment, same with most other activities. My employer has mandated WFH through September 1 for all North American employees.

Based on this article which outlines a real-world situation of how one restaurant patron infected 9 people (many of whom were sitting > 6' away) it just makes me super uncomfortable. Until I can get to the point of being at peace should I get infected, I'm just not there yet.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...jGA6ZbtZXCZpFQ
That's totally understandable, Sheri. We all have different comfort levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
we are opening up slowly down here too.

We got to go visit with friends on Saturday night, was so exciting, lol. And I am having one other family for a meal next week to celebrate our Jewish holiday of Shavuot. We are only allowed 5 others to visit at a time but can be with 10 others outside.

I will be having my first haircut/colour/blow next week in three months and can not wait to get rid of my skunk line down the middle of my head!!

No restaurants/cafes open until June 1, but then with 20 people allowed, 50 by mid June and maybe, if all goes well, 100 by July 1.

Absolutely NO interstate travel yet and as for overseas... we'll be lucky if it is allowed by January next year (except maybe to New Zealand... )

But I did go clothes shopping today... it felt great as I really needed some new winter clothes. The stores are doing everything correct, had all the correct signage up directing distancing etc and I couldn't try anything on, had to bring home, try on and will return what is not suitable.

There is a definite feeling of 'lightness' for want of a better way of putting it, in the air even though almost everyone is really trying hard to keep the physical distancing and doing the right thing.

I will be honest and say, I thank God everyday we live in Australia, we have been very lucky down here, in many many ways, and I just hope that, going into winter, things don't get worse.

stay safe, healthy and happy everyone.xx
How nice to be able to celebrate the holiday with another family, Jo! I'm sure you're looking forward to visiting your hair stylist! I drove past a barber shop this weekend, and their parking lot was PACKED.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We are on phase 2 of opening up where I live, but I'm not comfortable going out yet. School is over on the 5th of June. I am planning on going to visit my parents this summer since our Spring Break plans were canceled. But as for being in a small space with strangers, I think I will wait. I am not in a rush to go to any restaurants or anything like that. I would like to see my friends though!

41. Seattle
Old 05-20-2020, 04:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, Wisconsin has no restrictions and it is the wild west out there... we have been open for like a week and I haven't left home. I'm waiting to see what happens. Our testing is so slow... a friend of mine was tested over a week ago and still waiting for results. So, I'm just waiting to see how the chips end up...

The one thing that I want to do, but can't do is travel... we have nothing planned and we always have a summer trip and then something closer to fall. But I guess I should use this time to scrap past vacations! haha
Old 05-20-2020, 06:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

How are you holding up? I'm doing amazing!! Husband is back at work, house is starting to get cleaned, laundry is almost caught up. I LOVE being at home and not having to go anywhere!

Are you still under quarantine, or has your area started opening up again?
Monday the post opens up with limited things. KY doesn't open up until the end of the month. TN has been opened for maybe 2 weeks???

What is the first thing you want to do (or have done) when the stay-at-home order is lifted in your area?
Nothing . . . .I don't want to go anywhere. It's too hot already. It's too humid. It's about that time of the year (well here anyways) where we hibernate because it's too hot! So we'll stay indoors until it cools off again. What's that? Maybe November or December . . . .
Old 05-20-2020, 06:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Is it a real possibility of you having your baby at your parents?
Old 05-20-2020, 07:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Michigander here.... same, I think just going out for dinner would be the first thing. Not sure though, where I really want to go once things open all the way back up

Old 05-20-2020, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really miss getting out for hikes in the larger parks and the bird sanctuary. Some parking lots have opened at the smaller parks but the ones I want to visit aren't open yet but hopefully soon.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We're still under a pretty strict lock down. Only one adult can be out of the house at a time & only 3 days a week (We have a Food & Medicine pass that is coded MWF or TTS.). This past Saturday, we were downgraded to "General Community Quarantine", so we can shop outside of our cluster (which is great, because our cluster doesn't have ANY of the places I normally shop) & limited numbers of people can go back to work.

Today is our "out" day, and I am giddy because I'm going to my favorite mall to buy a bra, lol.

I really just miss the freedom to do what I want when I want, but I'm exceptionally thankful that we're still receiving a paycheck through all of this, that we can afford to run our air conditioner during the day (houses don't have central air here, and it's hot season. It's not normally so bad because we're out during the day, but when we're all home, our electric bill has doubled!) and that the worst thing about this is being bored.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here in Maine we are somewhat in a reopening phase. No restaurants, gyms, or nail salons are open yet, but hair salons opened last week with limited clients. I haven't been and have been trimming my hair at home. Restaurants are supposed to open with limited capacity on June 1. Things are up in the air as far as other things. We now have unlimited testing, so it will be interesting to see what the numbers are now that anyone can be tested. Being a tourist state and a state where a lot of people from out of state have summer homes, it will be interesting to see what happens if we open our doors this summer to out of state travel.

For me, this has been stressful but not because I have to stay home and all that. I have to work, and work has been much much more stressful due to the virus. We try very very hard to keep our residents safe and have very strict policies in place (assisted living and memory care community). It has been hard on them and on their families and keeping everyone "happy" during this time has been very stressful. I'm very very careful in my activities outside work because I don't want to be the one who brings the virus into my work community... it could be devastating for them.

I haven't seen my guy in 2 months now... he is the primary caregiver for his 97-year old mother, and we agreed to not see each other until it is safer, for her sake. We talk on the phone constantly and Skype all the time, but of course it's just not the same as seeing each other in person.

I've been keeping busy with home projects and gardening, so that's good, but I'm really hoping that I can actually travel to see my guy the week of July 1st. We have had plans for that week and I have the time off, so I just hope things start trending down enough that we feel safe spending the week together.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:01 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Is it a real possibility of you having your baby at your parents?
Yes, that is a likely possibility at the moment. AND there is a possibility that hubby won't be with me when I deliver the baby, if they don't lift the travel ban any time soon.
What was supposed to be a short-term escape could as well become an almost-a-year-away-from hubby thing.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:43 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

We are slowly opening up again... The first thing I did was have my son, his girlfriend and her two little ones over for dinner. I missed them so much! Our restaurants are beginning to open but only for a maximum of 20 people so it will be a while before we attempt to eat out even though that is the next thing I'm really looking forward to.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We're in phase one and I am dying to go to the beach but I'm going to wait another week or two. Seems like everyone else is dying to do the same thing. Hopefully the crowds go down.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really miss my water aerobics class, getting together with friends, eating out and worshiping together at church. I am also looking forward to being able to travel some and see our son who lives out of state. I don’t know what will happen first.

Sherly, so sorry you have been apart from your husband. Will pray you can get back together soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2020, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking forward to going back to Church! We've had online church, but it's not the same thing!

As far as restaurants, we've been ordering from most of the ones we would go to or eat at. Shopping- I've ordered some things online, and we've taken the girls out too. They've gone to the grocery store, Lowe's, and Walmart with us. People may complain that we are taking our full family, but teenagers are bored too! With changing seasons, they've needed to get a few items of clothing or different things, plus a few things for our Senior for when we are able to do her Graduation Open House.

We are looking forward to traveling! Our friends went to TN to get away, and we are so jealous! My husband is working 7 days at his job, and while the extra paycheck has been nice, it also means he can't take time off. But once he can...we are ready to go!
Old 05-22-2020, 06:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The grocery store! I am getting so sick of not being able to pick out my own food, I either get the wrong thing or something that's way smaller than I expected it to be when I order online... they are always out of stock so I can't think on the fly and do my own substitutions, and worst of all my grocery bill has gone waaaaaaay up..... not because we are all home and the kids are eating more (it's a little bit this), but I am a deal shopper.... I can't use coupons, I can't use my rainchecks, and worst of all I don't get to see the great deals of 50% off stickers because they always get me everything at full price.

Other than that, and the kids not being in school lockdown hasn't changed life much. I actually had a lot less anxiety and panic attacks while in lockdown.... now that things are opening back up, and people are on the move and want to visit or want us to visit them my anxiety has been flairing up worse than before.... I'm glad things are starting to open back up, but I have never been one for in person socialization and with things still being limited, all of my favorite "quiet places" to go are full of people so I'm just not interested in going out in the world.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

go camping and to dinner
Old 05-22-2020, 12:35 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Everyone knows GA opened much faster than the rest of the country... I have heard all about that from many. But we still have guide lines that have to be followed by businesses that chose to open. My life didn't see much change as we went through the shut down. I was out of work for 6 weeks, had to deal with 3 students being home and remote learning. I went back to a limited schedule just before Mother's Day and our learning has ended as we begin and end a school year earlier than most of the rest of the US.
We ate take a lot through this so I need a weight loss program, lol. We went out to dinner the first evening we could and have again since. I was waiting on the zoo to open, so our first FUN thing will be that.... tomorrow! GA has not seen a spike since opening so I feel ok not that I felt to worried before.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes, that is a likely possibility at the moment. AND there is a possibility that hubby won't be with me when I deliver the baby, if they don't lift the travel ban any time soon.
What was supposed to be a short-term escape could as well become an almost-a-year-away-from hubby thing.
I'm so sorry to hear that We've been praying that you'd get home before XYZ arrives, but reading this confirms what I had in the back of my mind. I'm so sorry Lan won't be able to be there to witness her birth, be there to support you during labor. You guys are still in our prayers and who knows what miracle God might bring your way between now and then!
Old 05-23-2020, 03:22 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for the prayers, Wendy (and your family)!
We aren't losing hope. We can accept the worst possibilities, but we are still hopeful. Whatever happens in our future, we believe that God is in control and He knows what's best for us. He has the reasons as to why it comes to this situation. So, we are not depressed with what comes may. It's just sad, because it would be lovelier if we are together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that We've been praying that you'd get home before XYZ arrives, but reading this confirms what I had in the back of my mind. I'm so sorry Lan won't be able to be there to witness her birth, be there to support you during labor. You guys are still in our prayers and who knows what miracle God might bring your way between now and then!
Old 05-23-2020, 11:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For me personally, the closings don't change much. The only thing I felt was no work/school. I miss the kids terribly. Thursday was the official last day of school so no matter, I'm not getting back into a room with them until at least August. Until then I'm content to chill here at home. I so want to get back to my kiddos at school though. I miss them so much!

For my kids... I want my son to be able to start practicing soccer. Our church summer camps are not happening this year. It was the only thing my 14 year old was looking forward to. I found out that the high school he will be attending in the fall has a brand new soccer team, so I contacted the coach and he should start conditioning with the team in a few weeks if things go well. They have a pretty solid plan in place. For my daughter, I would like for her job to open back up (movie theatre) but not until everyone feels safe doing so. We live in a small town and each showing may only have 10-20 people so I think they would be able to clean well after and install some plexiglass and such for protection around the refreshment area/ticket window. She is just so bored at home. She starts college on the 1st. The classes are online though so its not extremely thrilling to her.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:45 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I want to eat out and I want to go to Hobby Lobby lol
Old 05-24-2020, 06:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, our favorite restaurant is re-opening on June 15th, We thought about booking a table but we just saw in the news that 7 Dutch people who went to a restaurant in Germany (they live close to the border but I didn't think we were allowed to cross borders yet) are infected with the corona virus sooooo, re-thinking if we should book a table now. I think it's safer to stay home a bit longer for sure.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:17 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am good. Even though I miss the littles, I am enjoying not getting up at 5:30 am...

Even though these young adults and teens fight, I love having them home.

We are still closed till June 5th. My baby mommas don't need care anytime soon, so I'll be off longer...

I am hoping that we can have graduation the end of June for my high school senior.

I am hoping we can travel and have a vacation the middle of summer, especially since we had to cancel our Disney trip in April.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 05-26-2020, 10:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our county announced a limited reopening starting on Friday, but I don't think we're ready. In the last week, we've had between 177 and 423 new cases each day. Some of that is due to holding a few big testing "events" (for lack of a better word), but all the numbers I've seen still seem so high, even if they're technically declining.

I said at first that nothing would change for my family, but it turns out there is one part of the reopening that we're excited about and plan to take advantage off--the libraries will be offering curbside pickup beginning next week! That's so much more exciting than it probably should be, LOL. We put our hold requests in today because I think there will be long waiting lists once word starts to spread.

I did quick distanced, outdoor visits with my students this weekend, and it was so good to see them in person. I had to drop off anything they'd left in the classroom and an end of year gift.