Sweet Shoppe Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2020, 12:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default What a Roller Coaster

Goodness this week has been a roller coaster!

Between storms coming through knocking out our power, losing several layouts due to the power outages, internet being out due to said storms, driving to Nashville for my son's GI issues and working with his "special diet" for almost a week straight among many other things has been a roller coaster this past week!

I'm exhausted

Did I mention that someone hacked in to my IG account and spammed everyone? Thankfully Laura and Amie told me about it via messenger. I couldn't remember my password to change it. Because of the power outage, I was trying to do it from my phone and took me almost 30-minutes to type a matching password (thanks fat fingers and small phone). Once I got it changed, my account was suspended due to the spam. I just checked today and I still can't get on my IG to post layouts and see what everyone's doing.

This past week I didn't even bother to finish the last of my son's Abeka curriculum that I bought him when Covid hit. This week was horrible with my son's health. The poor little man has had some unspeakable things done to him at the doctors in Nashville--which makes for a LONG day of travel. He's SO clingy and then he glares at me for what's happening to him. The medicines, drinks and water/liquid diet he has had to be on this past week has been MISERABLE for all of us!

I scrap to release my frustrations, then zap the electric goes out-again! Once power is restored and internet finally works, I try to download my designer's releases, zap, power goes out again. No downloads. Here it is Sunday and I'm actually ON my computer for the first time and actually able to check out this week's releases!!!

Right!?

I don't know how long the power will stay on, but I'm determined to scrap ONE layout before that happens.

But I wanted to stop in and tell you all that I MISS YOU!

You are all my one source of adult conversation during this virus and I miss you all!! It's so bad, I actually thought about going outside and talking to my neighbors just to hear someone's voice who lives outside of this family! Yesterday I may have talked to our mail carrier for over 45 minutes about his job, his life, the weather, the area, etc. The mail carrier!!!! Yeah, that guy is going to get an amazing Christmas present!

Anyways, here's hoping this week is a THOUSAND times better with no more power/internet outages and Tuesday is the last of my son's GI doctor appointments (at least for a week or so), no more vomit and crazy drinks that make for lots of tears and frustration. Here's hoping I can SCRAP because I miss that so very much! It's Sunday, start of a new week and it HAS to be better than this past week!

How was your week this past week?
How is everyone doing being cooped up in their homes, working from home, homeschooling, etc?