Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default wifi SD cards?

Has anyone used these? The way hubby explained it is that they automatically download photos from the camera onto the computer...

Is that what they do? Do they work? Do they kill your battery on the camera? Which ones have you used...

thanks!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

havent heard of them but that sounds awesome!! cant wait to hear more about them

Old 08-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I seriously want one. Steph talked about the eyefi card on The Digi Show a few weeks back (I think it was her pick of the week so you could probably go through the show notes and find the exact episode). It's been on my wish list forever but it's hard for me to justify it right now since I have a perfectly good SD card. I have dropbox on my phone so when I take a photo it ends up on my computer without me having to do anything special, and I would love to be able to do that with my regular camera (I actually find myself opting to take some photos with my phone just because I don't have to dig out my card reader to have access to a photo). Your camera does need to stay on while it's transferring your photos so it will drain battery life a little faster I would think.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just googled to find more info - check out eye.fi
Now I want one!! Except I only see them in 4 and 8GB (which is awesome) but my camera will only take up to 2GB cards. WAH! Or maybe, just another reason to upgrade our camera!!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know, Melissa - seems to good to be true!! haha

Thanks, Sarah! I'm going to check out the digi show - I've so behind in episodes. I wouldn't even been thinking about this if it wasn't for my card dying and my troubles getting photos off of it... but they sure are pricey!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A guy at our hackerspace had one and I thought it was cool ...

They are expensive cards ... I looked into it for my Canon Rebel XTi but they don't make the compact flash version. ...so instead of paying the high price for a card for my not-so-good-battery-eating-smaller-camera ... I bought a new Samsung camera ... it uses regular SD cards but has wi-fi capability ... it can auto backup (when you turn the dial to wi-fi) to the computer, upload to a variety of other things (smart phone, picasa, etc.)
Old 08-03-2012, 06:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Got the card... it was on clearance at Best Buy - so hubby asked why... the young kid who worked there said that in 2013, all SD cards will be wireless.

Today is the day I give this wireless card ago...
Old 08-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Got the card... it was on clearance at Best Buy - so hubby asked why... the young kid who worked there said that in 2013, all SD cards will be wireless.

Oh cool, let us know what you think!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post

That's interesting!! And a little strange - shouldn't the NON wireless cards be on clearance if they are all going wireless??

Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I just added this to my Christmas list
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I, like Sharon also looked for one for my Rebel...but like her they don't make CF ones!!! But when I was researching I read they were kind of slow and cumbersome but I'd love to hear a "real" review from you Rebecca!!! Hope it works great for you!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Actually the one that a guy at our hackerspace has in his camera works quite well ... he has been really happy with it. So I just bought a "standard" card for my new little camera ... so I don't think the "standard" cards are going to go away any time soon.

Check it out!

http://www.samsung.com/us/photograph...EC-WB150FBPBUS

Just turn the dial to wifi ... login to the connection and there are several options to upload to ... strange thing though is flickr is not one of the choices ... I like this camera ... fits into my pocket or my purse ... ready to pull out at times I don't have the Rebel handy.