Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217
Default Am I wrong?

I posted this on FB just now and was wondering what every one thinks.

there are like 12 kids in my neighborhood, and about 7 of them have their own razor scooters and refuse my son to ride theirs which is fine . So just last weekend we bought him his own razor scooter and now all the kids want to ride my sons scooter. they take his scooter. I am having a hard time not going out there and telling them that they didn't share theirs my son doesn't have to share his or should i just leave it be.?

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 07-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydensmommy217 View Post
I posted this on FB just now and was wondering what every one thinks.

there are like 12 kids in my neighborhood, and about 7 of them have their own razor scooters and refuse my son to ride theirs which is fine . So just last weekend we bought him his own razor scooter and now all the kids want to ride my sons scooter. they take his scooter. I am having a hard time not going out there and telling them that they didn't share theirs my son doesn't have to share his or should i just leave it be.?
Neighborhood kids can be jerks. I would tell my kid to protect his scooter but at the same time, you want to teach him to share like he would have wanted someone to share with him when he didn't have a scooter. So, if the kid doesn't have one... Share yours. If they have their own, say "go ride your own scooter".

Old 07-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If it were me I would so be telling my son to say no you can't ride my scooter...not only did they not share with you but if something happens to it will they buy you another one? I'm a mean mommy sometimes

Edited to agree with Brook..if someone doesn't have a scooter I would definitely let him share...
Old 07-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my son loves sharing his stuff, I want him to share but there is a time when sharing doesn't have to happen if that makes sense lol. its just the mommy in me is wanting to do something lol. Right now there is about 6 kids outside and they are all taking turns on my sons scooter and my son is just standing and watching. Also when i step outside they all see and instantly hand his scooter back.

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Dude, I'm the mean mom around here. And for some reason the kids come back! I'd tell him to tell those kids to get off of his! Its his. If they had shared it might be different. But if they are gonna be selfish, so should he!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'd say tell him if it's a friend asking him to share, to maybe considerate, but if it's someone he isn't friends with it's OK to tell them no, and if they take it he can come get you.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 07-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

well i knew that would happen they broke the clamp off it to close it we weren't going to close it anyways but still. trying not to lose my cool right now with this kids right now

Proudly Creating For:

Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Go yell at them, be firm and tell them to go find something else to play with. He would probably appreciate you doing that so he can ride his scooter in peace.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have talked to them before for being mean to my kid even talked to their parents, all they say is its kids being kids, um excuse me when is it okay to be mean to a child. Like for an example these two little girls ages 4-5 love to slap his forearm its not hard but still. but when my son does it back again its not hard and still not right they come and tattle on him.

Proudly Creating For:

Old 07-05-2013, 02:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I would definitely be the mama outside telling my child "Where is your scooter? Go get it while I stand here." I understand about sharing but considering how they are treating your son, they are not going to do any better with his scooter.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

yeah, I wouldn't let them use your son's scooter... if they would get hurt on your son's scooter... guess who they are coming after... sorry, I'm a very cynical person... they have their own, they don't need to use our son's...
Old 07-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydensmommy217 View Post
my son loves sharing his stuff, I want him to share but there is a time when sharing doesn't have to happen if that makes sense lol. its just the mommy in me is wanting to do something lol. Right now there is about 6 kids outside and they are all taking turns on my sons scooter and my son is just standing and watching. Also when i step outside they all see and instantly hand his scooter back.
The fact that they give him his scooter back when you step outside just goes to show they KNOW what they are doing is wrong.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:42 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I agree with the others AND I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, "This is his brand new scooter and it's kind of a special toy. So let's let him enjoy it for a while, and he can share in a few days when he's had a chance to enjoy the newness of it."

Old 07-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

they are very mean kids, we have this gated area that the kids play in, and they like to lock him either in it or out of it ( i have already talked to the parents, they just say kids are being kids) this time they locked him out and so my son tries to climb the fence and gets a huge bleeding scratch i am at my wits end, the parents aren't doing a dang thing and the kids no matter how many times i talk to them they just don't care. I have talked to the parents today and i should say that the parents don't speak English they are from Russia. one of their 7 kids translates which i am sure they are either blaming my son or lying.

Here's a picture its not deep just really scratched.

Proudly Creating For:

Last edited by haydensmommy217; 07-05-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When kids break my children's things or my child gets hurt while playing with them, my child is not allowed to play with those children. I tell my children that those children don't follow the same rules we do and that's OK, but it means they can't play together. It means my children were lonely sometimes (they're teens now, but we live in a mobile home park and there are a lot of children with bad manners and worse parents) but they learned from it. Just because the kids are there doesn't mean he has to play with them. I've often been the meany that goes outside to say, "I'm sorry but my child can't play with you."