Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2014, 09:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone do a 2 page, monthly review

type layout?

I'm not into the look of pocket pages, and I've been contemplating the idea of a 2 page month calendar type review page. 2 page because I'm OCD and all my pages would have to match, 1 page would throw everything off balance for me. LOL!

I need some way to scrap those random pictures we all have now that's to cameras on our phones, but don't really need a whole page dedicated to them.

This is what I've got working so far. I threw a few other photos in too that will be on their own pages, I was looking for something to fill in the left a little more.

I thought the gray squares could hold a little line about the photos on the line. I'm thinking I might have to adjust the sizes overall.

Thoughts, anything you think could help, have you done something similar? i'd love to see it.

My other idea would be a 2 page layout with the month title on the left side with journaling and then the right side would be an actual calendar grid.

This is the template I used for the layout I've got working.
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...9&cat=0&page=1
Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I definitely do this in my books for the reason you said. I need a place for the pictures from the month that don't necessarily need their own page. And I also journal about the month to include some things that I don't even have pictures of but tell what was going on for us. I mention the events that are in the pages to come, so it feels like a little "summary" of each month, and my OCDness likes THAT

Style-wise I've done different things. One year, the left page would have a large photo and the month name and the journaling and the right page would have a smaller collage of pictures. Right now I haven't been doing one large picture like that, so what I do is similar to what you're doing now. I'll look for some that I've done. I will say that a couple of years into doing this, I really like it.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Kim! I'm excited to see what you've got! I've really wanted to do this for a few years now. I think my phone is really pushing me in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim517 View Post
Yes, I definitely do this in my books for the reason you said. I need a place for the pictures from the month that don't necessarily need their own page. And I also journal about the month to include some things that I don't even have pictures of but tell what was going on for us. I mention the events that are in the pages to come, so it feels like a little "summary" of each month, and my OCDness likes THAT

Style-wise I've done different things. One year, the left page would have a large photo and the month name and the journaling and the right page would have a smaller collage of pictures. Right now I haven't been doing one large picture like that, so what I do is similar to what you're doing now. I'll look for some that I've done. I will say that a couple of years into doing this, I really like it.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like the template you're using so I may have to check that one out! I don't use the same design for each month, but sometimes I wonder if I should. This year I've been using templates by Cindy and Janet.

More recent ones:

Old 09-19-2014, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like that way those look too. I guess I need to fiddle around with it a little more and see what I come up with.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ones from last year when I was trying to do a larger photo on the left. Templates from a non-SSD designer I worked for.

I try a lot of different things, but those are a few at least
Old 09-19-2014, 09:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I really like those.

Not a lot of empty space to fill up with what I've got in my head!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did a year of monthly 2 page summaries in 2011. http://digikiwichick365.blogspot.co....0&maxesults=16

I kept it SUPER simple. Used the same set of templates, fonts and title work. Didn't even have to embellish it apart from some wordart. Even now I still love looking back through that album.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That looks wonderful!!! I did a two page monthly LO a couple years ago, but I personally found it boring to scrap, so it was always the last thing that I did and I started to dread it. I like telling stories, but editing a million little photos drove me nuts. So I decided to simplify it and have moved to a one page pocket monthly summary with one of my favorite photos from the month!

I say...if you are inspired then go for it!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do them, I mean, not anymore, since I do PL, but all the years before, and I do monthly reviews for my kids' first year albums. I use Cindy's Double It Up templates. Misty's Words & Pictures templates are fun, too

Old 09-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I do take a picture every day with my phone using the Collect app. So each month I do a layout with those photos. The journaling is the captions from the app.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've done many versions of this over the years, and I seem to have the same problem as Kristi.... I'm motivated at first, but a few months in, I lose the motivation and those pages are the last to get done. For the last few years, I've done pocket style, which doesn't help you I think the key is to keep it simple and use the same template each month so you know exactly what to do, no guesswork! When I look through my albums, my favorite is when I used to do the calendar grids. That was before I got into digital scrap booking and so I eventually got away from that format because they were time consuming to do. I also seem to take less pictures and write less on my blog as my kids get older, so they would definitely be harder to fill at this point!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did this in 2009 and still love those pages. I don't have them loaded in the gallery though... I suggest to keep it simple, but have enough interest on the page to make you want to keep scrapping them. My project last year I did TOO simple, and I'm so bored I haven't made it past April. But if it's too intense, I don't have time for it either.
Have fun!