Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-13-2020, 04:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default DOA harddrive

Add me to the list of dead hard drives with no backup. I sent it off to data recovery, but I’m not optimistic. I’ve had a good cry because I feel like I lost such a huge part of my life with my pages and supplies like all those Believe in Magic kits and store Collabs. My scrapping programs were so old they probably wouldn’t work on Windows 10. So even if I wanted to start again, it would require new programs and learning so much new stuff. I’m so tired right now and not feeling up to the task. For the first time in 14 years I’m imaging my life without scrapping. I’m sad thinking out it.
Thanks for letting me vent. I know so many in this community have gone through this. It’s heart-wrenching.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh no, Lynn! I’m so sorry you are going through this- it is so discouraging, I know exactly how you feel. I hope that when you’ve had a chance to think it over and maybe gain some emotional distance, you’ll decide to start scrapping again. I know I would miss your pages! Take heart and courage, and who knows, maybe they’ll be able to recover your data!

Old 01-13-2020, 06:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, no! I'm sorry. I hope they're able to recover a lot of it for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 06:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lynn, I just lost a harddrive and recovered everything with this program! It was only $80. It happened to me last week. Take a look at my post for specific details.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=91834
Old 01-13-2020, 08:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Lynn, I just lost a harddrive and recovered everything with this program! It was only $80. It happened to me last week. Take a look at my post for specific details.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=91834
It’s so hard for me to read everything on my phone. Can you use it if your drive won’t even boot? It’s just dead and not even registering. Thanks all!
Old 01-13-2020, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Did you lose photos, kits and layouts?

You kits, you can go back into your order history and redownload them. Start with the most recent, and keep track. I started doing this when I wasn't sure if my hard drive could be recovered by my FIL. I made a note of the date I stopped off at. (I used my girls laptop just to get a jumpstart on it in case I lost everything).

As far as photos, if you post them to Facebook/instagram, you can go there and download them so that you have at least some to scrap going forward. Even save some from family, friends etc. Layouts, that one is tricky. Too bad we can't resize the ones we post online to a good quality image of larger size.

Don't give up on scrapping! You can make it work. You may have to be more creative...but don't give up! Praying you are able to recover some of your things! ((HUGS))
Old 01-13-2020, 10:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry. HUGS!! Hoping you are able to recover!! Hang in there, and when you're calm enough do what you can to recover and regroup.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh no...that is just so horrible I feel your pain (lost all my 2011 photos because of a harddrive crash). Hoping you'll be able to recover a lot of files though ♥
Old 01-14-2020, 07:55 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

OH nooooo! That's so horrible, Lynn! SO so sorry. I hope you manage to recover it as much as possible. HUGS.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you are have to go through this!!
I hope you can recover as much as possible. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Old 01-14-2020, 08:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

oh Lynn, my heart breaks for you. Keeping all crossables crossed that you can recover at least some of it.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Using my phone is a pain. Lol. I can only assume I have my pics as I back them up to many different places and I probably have most layouts except for the last few months. I say probably because before Christmas I went to back up some of Cindy’s templates on a flash drive and noticed the file names were there but the files were empty. I have a few kits as long as the flash drives are good, but I’ve probably lost the bulk of my kits. I didn’t back up most of them because there were just so many. (Teach me not to hoard.) I looked into that recovery software, but it doesn’t work for mechanical failures which the guy I took it to said was the case. He could be wrong so here I sit until Thursday when he said I would find out what if anything could be recovered. I still need to buy a new computer which is daunting for a dinosaur like me. I just don’t have the emotional energy for it right now.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! I pray and hope they can save all or most of your data!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-14-2020, 11:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! So sad! I hope they're able to recover most & that you'll find an easy enough path back to scrapbooking!
Old 01-14-2020, 12:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh Lynn, I'm so very sorry!!!
I really hope you're able to recover your data
Old 01-14-2020, 03:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! I sure hope that a lot of it can be recovered.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:10 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

So sorry that happened to you Lynn! Take a little break and see how you feel, I sure hope that's not it for your scrapping. I don't post many comments in the gallery but I really should, I've always found your layouts so inspiring. I remember your pages from SBG and you creating beauties for Ztampf.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
It’s so hard for me to read everything on my phone. Can you use it if your drive won’t even boot? It’s just dead and not even registering. Thanks all!
Mine was saying not accessible, corrupted.

You can try the program for free to see if the files are the before you purchase it.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen104 View Post
So sorry that happened to you Lynn! Take a little break and see how you feel, I sure hope that's not it for your scrapping. I don't post many comments in the gallery but I really should, I've always found your layouts so inspiring. I remember your pages from SBG and you creating beauties for Ztampf.
That's so sweet of you to say. Hugs back at you, Jen.
I have to go get my drive back from Staples tomorrow. I don't really recommend them--I paid almost $300 for nothing. I'm going to ship it to a data recovery site which claims a 97% success rate. It's not cheap, but it sure beats starting over (even with as much as I like to shop). I'll know in two to three weeks what they recovered if anything.
I have faith that the info is there because there was no damage or clanking or whizzing--it just froze, plus the Staples guy said that the drive motor just quit, so it can't spin any more.
I've started the process and ordered a new computer today. I'll look into the new version of PSE (I was on version 5) and see if there is still Paint Shop Pro out there for photo editing. Jumping to Windows 10 with new software is going to be a huge learning experience, but I'll just take it slow.
Also, definitely going to look into maybe Google Drive and cloud stuff for the future. I don't want to get burned twice.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no!! I'm so sorry this has happened!!! I have some of mine backed up. Maybe that's what I will do today instead of playing around in the gallery.

I hope they are able to recover some of your products, if not all of them. My heart is gutted reading your post
Old 01-15-2020, 11:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have to go get my drive back from Staples tomorrow. I don't really recommend them--I paid almost $300 for nothing. I'm going to ship it to a data recovery site which claims a 97% success rate. It's not cheap, but it sure beats starting over (even with as much as I like to shop). I'll know in two to three weeks what they recovered if anything.
I have faith that the info is there because there was no damage or clanking or whizzing--it just froze, plus the Staples guy said that the drive motor just quit, so it can't spin any more.
I've started the process and ordered a new computer today. I'll look into the new version of PSE (I was on version 5) and see if there is still Paint Shop Pro out there for photo editing. Jumping to Windows 10 with new software is going to be a huge learning experience, but I'll just take it slow.
Also, definitely going to look into maybe Google Drive and cloud stuff for the future. I don't want to get burned twice.
Yuck to Staples!! I am not a big fan of their services and am really saddened to see that you paid so much for nothing from them I hope the new place has a better chance and recovers all of it!!

Paint Shop Pro is still a thing!! I have it on my computer. I have 11 because I lost 12, but I just saw they came out PSP2020!!
https://www.paintshoppro.com/en/
Old 01-15-2020, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, Wendy! I went out and bought PSP 2020 and PSE 2020 today. Of course Adobe had PSE for 60 bucks today only. I bought it and was going to return the other copy to the store, but it’s download only. I like to have the box. Lol. I’m fighting with them for a refund. Man! Not my week! Ha ha
Old 01-15-2020, 10:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh I hope they can get all your data.
I highly recommend Back Blaze. It has saved my butt many times! Last year my EHD went bad in February. I bought a new one, did the whole recovery thing, and my new drive went bad in 2 weeks! WD sent me a new EHD but it was crazy for a month. Back Blaze backs up my desktop and all EHD attached.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lynn, I'm sorry your Staples experience was a bust, but I'm glad to hear you've still got a chance of getting things back. Congrats on the new computer and software! I bet you'll adapt to any changes more quickly than you think.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Mine went a few months ago. We joined the Geek Squad program for a year at Best Buy to see if they could get anything off my dead hard drive. Nothing. I'm telling myself that what I lost between my last backup and when the hard drive died was not much. I'm just not sure what I lost.

I hope that the recovery place you are sending it to is able to succeed at finding your stuff.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got the report from the file recovery company. 562065 good files, 1 bad. It's costing me an arm and a leg, but hopefully I'll never have to do it again now that I have One Drive. I guess they will save everything to an external and ship it to me which will also serve as a nice backup. This has not been pleasant, and I have learned my lesson to back up everything!
Old 01-28-2020, 04:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Great news! I'm sorry about all the expense, but I'm happy you'll get almost everything back.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry about the cost but am so glad they're able to recover almost everything for you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2020, 06:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I’m so glad they were able to recover all your data! That’s such a blessing.

My hard drive died recently, too, and I got it replaced for $50, which seems a little sketchy, but my computer seems happy. I have everything backed up to Carbonite. I’ve used it to set up a new computer three times, and I am very pleased with the results.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:21 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So happy you were able to get your files!!!!

Old 01-29-2020, 08:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I just got the report from the file recovery company. 562065 good files, 1 bad. It's costing me an arm and a leg, but hopefully I'll never have to do it again now that I have One Drive. I guess they will save everything to an external and ship it to me which will also serve as a nice backup. This has not been pleasant, and I have learned my lesson to back up everything!
I'm so happy to hear they could recover so many files. I thought about you and the files the past couple of days.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I’m so glad they were able to recover all your data! That’s such a blessing.

My hard drive died recently, too, and I got it replaced for $50, which seems a little sketchy, but my computer seems happy. I have everything backed up to Carbonite. I’ve used it to set up a new computer three times, and I am very pleased with the results.
$50 is a steal! I'm a little sick about how much I paid, but I figured if I had been using a cloud service for the last 16 years, I would have paid more. Glad you had such positive results with Carbonite. I went with One Drive because it was already on my new computer.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Such great news!!!