Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 11/08

1. Do you own any pets?
  2. Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc?
  3. What animal fascinates you the most?
  4. When was the last time you went to the zoo?
  5. Have you ever taken care of an injured animal?
  6. Are there any animals that freak you out?
Old 11-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets?
Taz our labradoodle is our sweet little guy.

Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc?
Hubs and I are always showing each other videos or funny pics on FB. I love commercials that have animals in them. It's been awhile since they've been shown, but I used to love the commercials with the car driving dogs. It always cracked me up. We also watch the nature channel sometimes too about animals in the wild. Cesar Milan shows are good too, about dogs.
What animal fascinates you the most? Foxes. We have none here in BC Canada and I've always wanted to photograph them. They are just so cute.

When was the last time you went to the zoo?
In September we took Bailey to the zoo on her birthday. It isn't a very big zoo but was still lots of fun and I plan to go back soon.

Have you ever taken care of an injured animal?
Years ago I took a bird to the sanctuary that had an injured wing. I can't remember what kind of bird it was, it was a long time ago.

Are there any animals that freak you out?
The bears don't scare me, we get them around here so often, they are used to being around people (at a safe distance). But coyotes, bobcats and cougars freak me out b/c they will attack small dogs, so I worry about Taz's safety. He is off leash a lot, as we walk along the river and I am always watching and listening, trying to keep him safe. They don't come around often thankfully.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Do you own any pets?
We have our Lucy Lou- the English Bulldog. She's almost 6 years old & basically our 3rd child (spoiled rotten!) We also have a couple fair goldfish that refuse to die...

2. Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc?
My daughter is obsessed with Animal Planet & all the Veterinarian shows on tv. Our DVR is full of her shows! I really like hte Planet Earth shows that come out that show nature & animals!

3. What animal fascinates you the most?
I LOVE watching hummingbirds. We have a stand of pine trees right outside our living room & I've been able to find their nests in the trees!

4. When was the last time you went to the zoo?
We went to the Calgary Zoo Summer before last. This last summer we went to the Aquarium in Seaside, OR. It's super small, but still fun!

5. Have you ever taken care of an injured animal?
Besides just our pup when she's had surgery, no.

6. Are there any animals that freak you out?
I'm not a big insect/bug fan... ew
Old 11-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets?
Well, they kinda own me lol I have a bearded dragon, a cat, and a dog inside the house. Outside we have a stray cat that had 5 kittens that live on our land and the baby stray Juniper who found us and 4 or 5 other cats that come and go but say hi once in awhile and we have 55 chickens right now. We plan on getting quail soon and maybe a pig or two in the spring, too lol

We are pretty nerdy so we also do the Discovery Channel thing here and there but the one thing that sticks out to me is every single year my husband has to watch the PuppyBowl lol

What animal fascinates you the most?
Honestly it seems I am fascinated by insects. Go figure. I am not a fan of touching them or anything but I tend to share lots of bug pics on my Instagram haha

In 2017 on a trip to Erie, Pa I took my mama to the zoo because she wanted to go so badly. It was a good time for her and good memories for my kids, too.

Not a wild one, just out cat. He had surgery. Poor little guy.

Anything that stings. I run and yell at the sight of bees, I am also fascinated by spiders but can NOT touch them or have them coming at me lol
Old 11-08-2019, 07:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets? I used to.

Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? yes, my daughter and I love to watch animal shows like Animal Planet, the Zoo, Shark Tank, Battle Fish, The Big Catch, Blue Planet, Our Planet.

What animal fascinates you the most? turtles, dogs and cats.

When was the last time you went to the zoo? In June at the Smithsonian's National Zoo and Coservation Biology Institute.

Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? Yes. It all started when I was in grade school, after a hurricane, I went out of our house and I saw a local a nest below a coconut tree. I went there to check if there's any living creature in there and I saw a baby sparrow not even a week old. It must have hatched forcedfully because of the hurricane or when the nest fell from the tree. So I put it back in the nest and put the nest under a bush and waited across the street for the mother to come. But it has been a long time so I took the nest home with me and asked my mother to care for the bird. Since we have an old chicken cage, I put the nest there and my mother helped me nurse the baby sparrow I named Bibi. Haha. Her leg was hurting so my mother helped me put a brace on her and I fed her by the clock. I feel so tired everyday you know, but everytime I come home from school I was so excited to meet my dog and Bibi the sparrow. I taught her how to fly and how to feed herself and when we thought she was ready we tried to release her, but she kept on coming back to my shoulder and she doesn't want to leave. So my parents let me care for her until the time she was eaten by a rat. Yes, imagine. I took care of her just to be eaten by a rat... PS there was no vet within 300 miles from our house, it was very rare at that time.

There was also a time when our two old dogs have become blind, the sad it started ith a cataract, at that time I thought my siblings would vote for them to be put down or something that I did everything to care for them because my mother was reall devastated with the choices that we have for them So I bought a bell so they would know where we were and where the door to the garden was.

Are there any animals that freak you out? I do. Oh my gosh, I do! So whenever I buy kits with those animals, I will ask my daughter to delete them.. They scare the living soul out of me.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets? Three cats and seven chooks at the moment.

Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? I watch the odd animal video that shows up on Facebook.

What animal fascinates you the most? I love them all, even snakes (see last question).

When was the last time you went to the zoo? I went to a parrot breeding facility last year when I was in Western Australia... As for zoos, a few years ago - even though I LOVE animals, I'm not super keen on seeing them in captivity.

Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? Lots - a few birds, a mouse, orphaned lambs, an orphaned kangaroo joey when I was a kid... I'm the one who will pick a worm or snail up off of the footpath and move it to the grass or soil so it won't get trodden on!

Are there any animals that freak you out? Only snakes - they scare me (a life long phobia after too many childhood close encounters growing up on a farm!) - but I still think they're fascinating.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=bcgal00;1062978128][LIST=1]
Do you own any pets? I have 2 cats who bring me great joy and two labs (one's a puppy) who cause me great stress.
Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? No.
What animal fascinates you the most? We used to live in Malaysia, where orangutans live in the wild, and they are so amazing to me.
When was the last time you went to the zoo? I can't even remember, maybe four years ago.
Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? No, but I did rescue my kittens from a trash bag on the side of the road and had to wipe their butts to make them poop and bathe them and feed them with a dropper. It was really stressful, like their lives were literally in my hands.
Are there any animals that freak you out? Sorry, Kristin & Wendy, but those hairless cats & dogs make me uncomfortable.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets? No
Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? Sometimes, but not often. I watch very little TV in general.
What animal fascinates you the most? Dolphins
When was the last time you went to the zoo? This is so lame, but I don't think I've gone since Tyler was born (he'll be 2 ½ next week) and I live only about 1.5 miles away - no excuse!
Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? I've never encountered an injured animal that required care.
Are there any animals that freak you out? Just ones that could cause me bodily harm
Old 11-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets? Yes! We rescued a little bichon cross almost 6 years ago (i can't believe it's been that long!) and we got 2 sphynx kittens last december
Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? nah. I try to watch some of those dog movies that come out with Lucas but they make him sad. He gets pretty emotional when it comes to animals
What animal fascinates you the most? hmm.. i'm not really sure
When was the last time you went to the zoo? A couple summers ago
Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? No not personally. When I was a kid our neighbour across the street worked with fish & wildlife and I remember going to his house to see a snowy owl that had been hurt and he was helping recover.
Are there any animals that freak you out? bears! constantly scared of running into them while hiking/walking. Cougars kinda scare me too.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
What animal fascinates you the most? Foxes. We have none here in BC Canada and I've always wanted to photograph them. They are just so cute.
Lots of foxes in my part of BC!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Do you own any pets? Yup, 2 senior kitties and 2 senior green cheek conures (like little parrots).

2. Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? I really don't watch much tv but my daughter watches all kinds of National Geographic shows, funny animal clips, etc etc.... and she always brings them to me so I can also see what she thought interesting.

3. What animal fascinates you the most? Oh gosh, I love all kinds of animals for different reasons but I would say I get the most joy from watching sting rays! Whenever we go to aquariums I just love to watch them glide through the water. They're so soft to the touch and sloppy little piggies when you feed them! My BFF and I sometimes send each other random baby sting ray pictures b/c it looks like they're smiling. It makes us laugh. Isn't it adorable?!

This summer while at Jamestown Beach we actually saw one in it's natural environment just swimming away at the beach. At first I thought it was a shark! But it was just the tips of his "wings" as he was flapping around in the water. I sat there watching him, just mesmerized by it.

4. When was the last time you went to the zoo? In June we went to the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk. We've been to dozens of zoos around the country though. They're mostly all the same with a few exceptions - in my opinion.

5. Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? Many many times. I worked at a pet store for 5 years and had our share of injured animals or sickly/wounded animal drop offs by people who didn't want to take care of them anymore. My roommate in college worked at the wildlife sanctuary and over the long holidays like Thanksgiving she would bring home the critical needs animals so she could watch over them. One Thanksgiving she had a nest of baby squirrels. We rotated through the night feeding those babies with eye droppers and massaging them so they would urinate. Like Kellie said, quite literally lives in our hands! But the most stressful for me was learning how to care for my kitty who became diabetic. Not wounded so to speak but a gigantic, expensive, life changing diagnosis. I have a new understanding and empathy for people who live with diabetes, especially children!

6. Are there any animals that freak you out? I don't really like snakes but I had to handle them in the pet store. I can deal with the babies but the big ones, no thank you! I really don't like Madagascar hissing coach roaches or giant millipedes but some people actually WANT those as pets! Barf.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
We have lots of foxes here too. You hardly see them during the day but if you're awake in the middle of the night, as I often am, you can see them sneaking in and out of people's yards. My neighbor lives down the hill and has a motion sensor. One night I saw momma fox and her 2 kits playing in his yard and running along the fence top. So sweet!
Old 11-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets? Nope. Though I always want to have fish, we were never really successful with them
Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? When we have access to TV (we have no TV at home), I love watching national geography channel.
What animal fascinates you the most? Jellyfish. They are so relaxing to look at.
When was the last time you went to the zoo? February, in Singapore, with Michael.
Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? No. My mom was the one who usually took care of our dogs. She nursed them when they catch a cold, etc.
Are there any animals that freak you out? Spiders & snakes. *shudder*
Old 11-10-2019, 04:25 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets? Right now I'm caring for my brother's pet bird, because he moved into an apartment that doesn't allow them, but we're waiting until after we move to get any additional pets.
Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? My kiddo and I are massive fans of goats and watch a ton of goat videos online!
What animal fascinates you the most? I adore sea turtles... they're so peaceful to watch!
When was the last time you went to the zoo? The last time we went to the zoo was in May of last year, because we were in Omaha and had heard really great things about it. We have annual passes to our local aquarium though!
Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? My dog passed from cancer last March, and we definitely tended to his wounds... some open cysts and such.
Are there any animals that freak you out? Not really... I love animals!
Old 11-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets? Yes. 1 Dog, 1 Cat and 6 Chickens.
Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? I do... I like watching Cat Videos that pop up on facebook, or Beagle videos because I can relate to them so much. We also watch Heartland and Hudson & Rex which are based a lot around animals.
What animal fascinates you the most? I don't know if there is any one animal that fascinates me more than any other.... I guess I never really thought about it.
When was the last time you went to the zoo? Last month I got to join my nephews and their sisters on a trip to the zoo. It was their first experience ever with animals (they are from Nunavut, where the most they may see is a cranky dog, cat and a polar bear or walrus far off in the distance), so not only was it a lot of fun, but it was so cute watching their excitement at every new animal!
Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? Yes. My brother and I took in an injured bird one winter that couldn't fly.... warmed him up, let him heal and then set him back out to be free. I tried to rescue a couple moles that my cat got a hold of a few times when I was really little with no success. I would probably do it more often with more animals if my home was my own..... I'm pushing the limits having what I have for my own pets as it is LOL
Are there any animals that freak you out? I'm sure there must be, but I've never really given it much thought to be able to say, yes.... blank freaks me out.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets? Many! We have 6 dogs (and expecting puppies!), 5 cats, 4 rats, 2 goats, 1 miniature horse, 20 ducks and 40 chickens. Yes, they are all pets!

Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? I don't seek them out, but I do enjoy them. I particularly like shows like Pet Vet and movies with animals in them.

What animal fascinates you the most? Hard to say. I really do have a fondness for many animals. I'd like to get a potbelly pig next.

When was the last time you went to the zoo? Two weekends ago, I think. Right before Halloween.

Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? Yes, more times than I can count.

Are there any animals that freak you out? Chickens used to, which is hilarious considering I'm like a chicken nurse now with ours. I don't like things that bite without being provoked. So maybe something that bites... we used to have a hamster that bit all the time and he freaked me out.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Disclaimer: I am so NOT into animals so my answers are going to be boring.

Do you own any pets?
It's against our lease so we haven't the last 4 years. I have promised the kids that we will get a dog when we buy a house. I have wanted an English bulldog for years & years. I am allergic and don't like cats so those are out, and rodents of any size or stripe (or animals that eat them) freak me out so those are out as well. I could manage fish, turtles, plant-eating snakes, etc. if the kiddos were interested.

Do you watch animal videos, TV shows, etc.?
Not unless forced to, no. Movies with real animals & computer generation that makes them talk drive me BONKERS.

None.

My mom & I took the kids to the Brookfield Zoo on a bus trip this past summer. Well, technically, we went to our local Zoo Boo a couple weeks ago but we didn't actually look at any of the animals when we were walking around collecting treats.

Lord no.

Rodents of any kind up to and including possums & raccoons (which I know are not rodents) are my worst fear.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do you own any pets?

One senior cat named Sam. I've had him for 13 years, and while we aren't sure of his exact age, he's definitely slowed down a lot in the last year or so.

I love the Dodo videos; they're so cute! And I follow a few of the zoos on IG since they always post cute photos and videos!

Ever since I was a kid, I've been obsessed with manatees. I was lucky enough to snorkel and swim with them back in 2015, and it still ranks as one of the best days of my life.

Hmmm...it's been a while since I've been to a zoo, but I went to Busch Gardens this summer, and they had a lot of animal exhibits.

When I was a child, our family cat got hit by a car (At least we assume that's what happened), and we had to nurse him back to health. It took several trips to the vet and lots of love and care, but he lived to be almost 20 years old!

Roaches. I would 100% be okay with living in a world where they didn't exist. I also have a fear of flying insects like bees and wasps, but I'm trying to be cool with bees since they're really important. Lol