Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-30-2020, 08:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default December 2020: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Merriment
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : Scooper / Dipper Collabs
Scrap a page using any SSD Scooper / Dipper Collab.
These are also known as Two Scoops (when two SSD designers collab together) and Triple Dips (when three SSD designers team up) ♥

#3. Featured : Revisit One of Your Favorites
Our Featured Designer FWP promotions for 2020 ended in November. So for this month, simply choose one of your favorite featured designers Mixed Tape FWPs from 2020, and scrap a page with that product.

#4. Inspired By : Shaped Photographic Collages
Explore all the fun and interesting ways that shaped photographic collages can add something visually creative to your page.

#5. List : Counting Down
Bid farewell to 2020 by creating a countdown of your top 10 moments or memories from this wild and crazy year!

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Bokeh Effect
Scrap a page using a photograph(s) that feature a bokeh effect. If you're unsure where to start, give this tutorial a read.

#8. Quote : Celebrate What You Want to See More Of
You can creatively incorporate quotes into your page as titles, using journal cards or including the quote within your journaling.

#9. Seasonal : Letter Writing Day
In honor of Letter Writing Day on December 7th, include a letter to someone on your next page.

#10. Typography : Holiday Party Font
Download font and use it on your layout.

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Off the Page
Create a layout where your composition focuses on scrapping off the edges of the page.

#13. Journal : Celebrate YOU
Celebrate the things that make you YOU! Create a journal heavy page for yourself, or someone you love, celebrating the little things that make you, YOU or them, THEM!

#14. Currently : Wanting....

#15. Color : Scrap with this month’s color swatch.
It should be obvious that the page you've created was inspired by the colors featured in the swatch image posted below.
** You don’t necessarily have to use all of the colors shown [use 2, or 3, or all 5] **

#16. Pop Culture : Celebrate Advent Calendars
When I was growing up advent calendars were solely about 24 days of little chocolate candies [that usually tasted horrible] hidden behind small doors of paperboard that you had to punch through in order to obtain your treats. Which often led to destroying several of the surrounding boxes, tearing off and defacing large areas of the paper facing surface, breaking a nail, growls of frustration, or all of the above. Nowadays, however, advent calendars are magical concepts that may still contain chocolate treats [usually MUCH better tasting!], but many are now theme-based and allow you to gift the recipient with something special and meaningful to them while counting down the days of the month. Be it store-bought or hand-made these unique methods of gift-giving help to extend the joys of the holiday season. Scrap a page that celebrates how you and your family enjoy the wonders and traditions of advent calendars.

#17. Details : Numbers
Create a page that highlights the use of numbers.

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Kim E. will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by lingovise; 12-01-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:12 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Loni, apology for what maybe a dumb question (especially after I noticed your signature...(that made me laugh very loud) but I think you are nearer to me to be that early so ...

what are the scooper/dipper?

Old 12-01-2020, 09:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPeel View Post
Loni, apology for what maybe a dumb question (especially after I noticed your signature...(that made me laugh very loud) but I think you are nearer to me to be that early so ...

what are the scooper/dipper?
NOT a dumb question, Cyn!! I actually meant to link these up and forgot... so have edited the OP for better clarification

These are also known as Two Scoops (when two SSD designers collab together) and Triple Dips (when three SSD designers team up) ♥
Old 12-01-2020, 09:31 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

thanks so much!!! yeah, I most definitely have some of those!!!!!
I have to confess after 7 years of almost not spending (I know I bought a kit from Rubia and a collab that involved WendyP in 2017 here- nothing else) in scrap , I went to town in this past few months here LOL and now you guys are tempting me with that advent daily....
thanks again, my lovely, so nice to "see you" more often after so many years

Old 12-01-2020, 09:37 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Leeeooooove You, Cynthia ♥ !!
Old 12-01-2020, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#5 ... does it need to be moments or is that an idea? For instance could we do a top ten movies of the year page or books, etc?
Old 12-01-2020, 06:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
#5 ... could we do a top ten movies of the year page or books, etc?
Absolutely, Tanyia! Top 10 Moments/Memories Reading or Watching - make it work for you!
Old 12-01-2020, 09:49 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default 2020 FWPs

Is there a place where we can find the FWPs for 2020? I don't mark them as FWP in my stash, so I'm not sure how to figure out which ones those are.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2020, 10:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Here it is. All the 2019-2020 Mix Tapes.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:16 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Thank you so much!
Old 12-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Does this kit count as a 'Two Scoops' https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...62&cat=&page=3
Old 12-02-2020, 02:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireG View Post
Does this kit count as a 'Two Scoops' https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...62&cat=&page=3
Yes. Two Scoops are when two SSD designers work together. Triple Dips are when three SSD designers work together.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:08 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
Yes. Two Scoops are when two SSD designers work together. Triple Dips are when three SSD designers work together.
Whoop! Just making sure!
Old 12-03-2020, 12:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is there a policy on using retired designer kits? Or a way we should designate them as retired? For example, looking at some of the kits/templates retiring this week as well as some kits in my stash from past designers.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Is there a policy on using retired designer kits? Or a way we should designate them as retired? For example, looking at some of the kits/templates retiring this week as well as some kits in my stash from past designers.
You can use retired kits as long as the designer is still here at SSD.
When it's a retired collab, at least one of the designers should be selling here at SSD.

Old 12-09-2020, 02:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hello. So I'm getting back in the swing of things after not posting for a year. I'm trying to remember all the mechanics of posting. I have completed my first Passport layout and am ready to post. While trying to get it under 500kb to upload, it is turning out way to grainy. Any tips on shrinking the file size but still having a presentable photo?
Old 12-12-2020, 09:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hello, I'm organizing my scrapbook kits and realized that I do have some kits from current Sweet Shoppe Designers, but I bought the kits from those designers years ago when they designed for other stores. Do you accept any kits by current designers, or only the ones from Sweet Shoppe? Thanks!
Old 12-12-2020, 10:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_46 View Post
Hello, I'm organizing my scrapbook kits and realized that I do have some kits from current Sweet Shoppe Designers, but I bought the kits from those designers years ago when they designed for other stores. Do you accept any kits by current designers, or only the ones from Sweet Shoppe? Thanks!
As long as the designer currently sells at Sweet Shoppe, you can use any of their products, no matter where you got it from.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_46 View Post
Hello. So I'm getting back in the swing of things after not posting for a year. I'm trying to remember all the mechanics of posting. I have completed my first Passport layout and am ready to post. While trying to get it under 500kb to upload, it is turning out way to grainy. Any tips on shrinking the file size but still having a presentable photo?
I flatten my image, duplicate it, resize the duplicate canvas to 700x700 pixels, then run a sharpening action on it before saving for web.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:22 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Here it is. All the 2019-2020 Mix Tapes.
THANKS! Just what I was looking for!