Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default are you decorating for halloween?

I started a pinterest halloween board .. for those who have known me for a long while now.. halloween isn't something we ever did in the past. I never did halloween as a kid, and up until 2011 connor hadn't either. However we decided to go trick or treating that year.... and again last year. This year I want to actually DO halloween. I want to decorate So are you?
So far I am for sure making this yarn spiderweb http://www.pinterest.com/pin/27303141464594267/

and i want to make a wreath.. I used to make like, autumn wreaths but felt silly as I never had an outside (to the street) door in my apartments. Now that we're in this duplex I have like.. lots of space to decorate and a door! SO it must be done!
I'm leaning towards this one
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/27303141464594229/ but think it might just look stupid and messy

Anyway.. What are you all doing??? When do you start?
Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

We don't do halloween as such, but do decorate big for autumn, which we'll be doing today! We usually start Oct. 1, but we're getting a bit of a late start this year.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

We LOVE decorating for Halloween
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not really. I decorate a bit for fall, but given we don't really have fall....yeah.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The most we've done is those little plastic things on the windows, but wow, I think those look kind of easy, and my girls would totally looooove to do something like that!!! I have HUGE windows in the front of our place, I think I want to try that yarn web!! lol, thanks, now I'm all excited about decorating
Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I decorate for Halloween. I have a bunch of ceramic odds and ends that I decorate the inside of the house with that I got at Hobby Lobby years ago. I usually don't do much outside because we are at the end of a dead end street so nobody sees it.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am actually working on a Halloween wreath today and have started to do a little decorating. I LOVE Halloween, but we don't have a ton of decorations yet. I try to buy a new one each year.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We decorate outside only...

Old 10-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I always helped my mom do the whole Halloween thing at her house (she always went all out) but as she's too unwell to do it anymore I'm slowly decorating her house to a fraction what she did, and to please my kiddos I'm doing some decorating at home. This is all we've done at home so far - but then we don't actually have any decorations so Bella and I are having to make them all.
I wish we could decorate outside, but the first year we moved in we did and someone kept stealing all our different stuff and we realized no one else decorated their outsides (aside from lights at Christmas). We later found out it was because teens coming to and from the middle and high school are really bad about stealing or tearing stuff up that people put out.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a giant spider we picked up on clearance last year & I'd like to make a rope spider web and put a spot light on it. That's this weekend's project.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oooh we are gonna do it this weekend! For us its also a novelty since we dont celebrate it either in South Africa but here in the States its a big thing. lol.

I have these pretties that I want to do this year.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/530369293588389821/

and

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/129548926752323225/
Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The extent of my fall decorating is putting some pumpkins on display (kiddo and I will paint ours, the older ones will carve theirs). I also bought some simple white gourds that I'll probably just set on my hutch as a no-effort decoration.

I might make a fall wreath if I can get to the craft store, and I'm considering ordering a skull wrap for my Scentsy warmer (I have the one where you can change out the outside, but keep the core warmer... right now it's a birdcage and I know I'm buying the nativity one for Christmas, but I think the skull looks cool, so I might snag it for Halloween if I can order in time).

That's the extent of it, though... I mostly save my Halloween mood for BAKING anything pumpkin... and I do love fall the most... just not a Halloween girl.

La, I'm struggling with the wreath thing, right now... we don't have a door, really, and our apartment has a door on one side but an opening on the other (it's part of a larger house)... I guess I could hang a wreath at the bottom of the stairs, just on the wall... but I haven't done it yet.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 10-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I began collecting Halloween decorations before we even had kids. We've always decorated at least some every year. This year I did a whole different thing with my mantel, since the boys are not little anymore, and I love how it turned out! (I was inspired after seeing another mantel on FB.)

When it gets closer to Halloween, we have some light-up pumpkins, etc. that we will put in the front window.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

OH! Mary - I can totally see doing that on ours with a fall theme! Is the fabric placemats - or just fabric pieces?
Old 10-03-2013, 03:18 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

that;s really pretty! .. im not sure pretty is the right word for something halloween themed but .. whatever *I* think it's pretty lol
Old 10-03-2013, 03:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I decorated yesterday, I'll have to take some pictures and I'll share. I'm going to make a new Halloween Wreath (I made a black burlap one 2 years ago and it's brown now. ) I love the one you did Jenn!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
OH! Mary - I can totally see doing that on ours with a fall theme! Is the fabric placemats - or just fabric pieces?
They are kitchen towels! LOL I can sew, but I'm lazy and have no extra time right now, so when I found these, I thought they would work. I literally taped them into a point and didn't even iron them. Ha!

I plan to update it for fall by replacing the black ones with brown and maybe green and changing out the skulls and haunted house for something else. I figure the little white filigree pumpkins can stay. And then I have subway art for Thanksgiving too. (bought that from Kerri Bradford because again, I'm too lazy to do my own - although I did have to add the bottom line to make it fit that tray.)

And I have more pics and closeups on FB.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We don't do halloween as such, but do decorate big for autumn, which we'll be doing today! We usually start Oct. 1, but we're getting a bit of a late start this year.
Darcy, do you have pictures of how you decorate? I love to decorate autumn/harvest but so far it's pretty much hurricanes with candles and maybe a wreath around the hurricane or some filler. One year I had a small hurricane with some candy corn and candles and my little nephew (with the sweet tooth) started eating it. LOL.

Another year I got a hay bale and corn stalks for the front stoop but the fact that I had to move them in the back of the car didn't go over well so I haven't tried that one again.

Last edited by scrap2day; 10-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep we did already. I let my littlest (12) put them where ever she wanted this year.

Lauren, I did this wreath and it turned out super cute. I got plastic snakes from the dollar store and spray painted em

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/27303141464593753/
Old 10-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I haven't set it up this year, yet, and any pics I have are old.
Link 1
Link 2

These are from years ago (though our fireplace looks no different, unfortunately - I want to pain it something other than that dark paneling, but "D"H loves it lol).
Old 10-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I haven't set it up this year, yet, and any pics I have are old.
Link 1
Link 2

These are from years ago (though our fireplace looks no different, unfortunately - I want to pain it something other than that dark paneling, but "D"H loves it lol).
Thanks for sharing. Very cute with all of the scarecrows. That reminds me I do have some little scarcrows that I put in the powder room.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i love halloween decorations i'll have to take pics tomorrow - i have wreaths up (that i bought off etsy and love), some glittery pumpkins and other doo-dads, etc ...

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My girls were very excited about the yarn spider web and wanted to put one up today... I'm a sucker so I let them do one up. It looks kinda cool, and they're so excited. I'll have to find some more spiders and let them do up some more! lol, I only had one spider hanging around
Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I put 3 little pumpkins on the front outside stairs. I felt like I really decorated it up. I am pretty sure, no matter how cool I think it is, I will never decorate a place all up for holidays.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I have a few things that are Halloween and a few more that cross-over into Fall. But to put them out, that means I have to clean up a bit first. Which means dealing with paper piles. And I'm just not into that yet. So while I WANT to decorate, like, yesterday, I obviously don't want to enough. No kids at home, and grandkids aren't old enough to notice yet, so I may or may not actually put the stuff out this year. If I do, though, I plan to do a layout.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:50 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

yarn web in progress! either this is harder than it looks or im too anal. i already took apart the first one i didnt like
http://instagram.com/p/fDZYbjpPPM/