Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2018, 07:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default It's a wrap

Okay so earlier this week I asked about being done shopping. Today my next question is "are you done wrapping your presents?" Along with a few other questions of course!!

Do you bag or wrap your presents?

Are you the only one who wraps/bags presents?

Do you have a wrapping party with a couple of people?

Do you pay someone to wrap/bag your gifts (like at the mall?)

Do you have any special holiday wrapping traditions?

Old 12-20-2018, 08:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i just spent HOURS wrapping today! my mom helped me with most of it, my hubby also helped with some of the kids stuff. All I have left to wrap is my mom's stuff, which I'll make my hubby help me with later. We normally put off wrapping until Christmas eve so I feel like I'm KILLING it this year, lol!!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 12-20-2018, 08:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I hate wrapping and will wait until the last minute... no one helps me, I have to do all the families myself - except hubby wraps my gifts. I used to use gifts bags until one year when my MIL DEMANDED I use gift bags and give her all my gift bags I got my gifts in... nope. I wrap all her gifts in paper.

I use different paper to separate families so I know which day the gifts are for.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We don't exchange alot of presents these days (no extended family) so there's not alot to wrap - some are unwrappable too (like a ride in a race car). I tend to wrap them late Christmas Eve after the kids have gone to bed.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I always try to wrap as soon as I get a couple things. Wrapping as I go so I don't get overwhelmed at the end.

I don't like bagging, I think it takes the fun out of Christmas but I'll do that for baby showers and birthdays sometimes.

My kids being so young I want to keep all presents hidden until Christmas morning for the WOW factor but we've gotten a few boxes in the mail so they are sitting under the tree now.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

All of the ones I've purchased are wrapped. There are a few lone items from others that still need to be wrapped though, from what I've heard (but we ran out of tape, so we are cutting strips from packing tape...not fun!)

Having 3 teens and a pre-teen, wrapping is soooo much better! Each of the girls wrap the gifts they purchased or picked out, I wrap the ones me and my husband bought for them, and he wraps any gifts he bought for us.

I use wrapping paper, but we use gift bags for like teachers or friends gifts. I actually LIKE to wrap gifts- picking out the paper, cutting it to fit, adding a bow. When I was in 6th grade, we had to do "speeches" where we taught the class how to do something. One of the girls taught us how to wrap presents. I remember that to this day!

All but the really large gifts are wrapped and under the tree. Christmas Eve we (I) will put out the large gifts and fill their stockings with small gifts and some candycanes.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I wrapped half of the kids presents the other night and put a couple for each of them under the tree. That gets them psyched. The rest of the gifts for them will be wrapped (or not... I kind of like having some wrapping to do on Christmas Eve) and stowed away until ‘Santa’ comes. They don’t believe in Santa anymore, but they love seeing the tree suddenly full with gifts on Christmas morning! I’m wrapping family gifts tonight while we binge watch Christmas movies.. We do a few bagged gifts because I like the way they look but I wrap the gift inside in tissue and Christmasy washi tape because it’s not suspenseful and ‘fun’ enough in my opinion to just pull something out of a bag. Haha There has to be tape!

Old 12-20-2018, 11:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm done wrapping except for one more little thing my husband ordered for my son from amazon...
I helped my mom wrap yesterday. SHe kind of drives me crazy, she gets so distracted between phone calls and her three dogs, that I ended up wrapping like 5 or 6 things to her one. I usually LOVE wrapping but was a bit annoyed yesterday.

I always spend one whole day while the kids are in school dragging everything out from its hiding place, collecting and the paper, ribbons, and bows, and wrapping my little heart out. I usually watch White Christmas and Home Alone while wrapping, too!
Old 12-21-2018, 02:37 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love to wrap. Before we moved, we used to attend an annual clan reunion on my side of the family and even though we're not that many (27 to be exact), I love to buy small gifts and wrap them each in uniform wrappers. Then in 2015 before we moved I only prepared wrapped gifts for the kids and chocolate mint drinks in small mason jars with ribbons. I so loved it I made few more for some friends and my husband's family. I only use a paper bag if a gift is round and there is no way I am going to wrap it up.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have not wrapped anything yet. To be honest, I'm still waiting for some packages to be delivered! LOL! So, I will probably be wrapping on Christmas Eve.

I usually wrap rather than using bags, even though I don't like to wrap. It's just a lot more fun to see a present unwrapped rather than pulled out of a bag.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have a couple of things to buy and one more thing to wrap at home then I'm done! I've been wrapping as I buy because I hate long wrapping sessions!

Old 12-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The last gift just got dropped off by Amazon so I'm finished shopping. My son helped me wrap all the gifts last night which was awesome to have help! I use different paper for different family members so they are easy to distribute. I actually went a little extra this year and used ribbons too.

I have them all in plastic bins to keep them away from the dog and cats. My cats are like wolverines with paper or wrapping of any kind and cardboard boxes are a dog magnet. If they were under the tree, they would all be destroyed.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our library has a wrapping station set up, so I spent my afternoon wrapping presents that my mom bought because she buys the bulk of the presents in our family. Something about having to go to the library made me get it done.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Present wrapped and the grandkids are wrapped/bagged for each transport (each grandkid gets a bag with their presents in it - presents are wrapped). I can understand the gift bag is easier but I also like to see them rip open the paper.

When my kids was little; we always wrapped presents from Mom & Dad and put them under tree as soon as tree went up. Santa only bought 1-2 big presents but everything else was Mom & Dad which got wrapped so over the years I have had a lot of wrapping.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wrap all of mine. I always say I love to do it but when the time comes I hate it haha. Last night I sat at the kitchen table and started the wrapping and it didn't hurt my back as much as sitting at the floor does so I think that's my new place to do it.
No one ever helps me, it's all left to me. If anyone else had to buy or wrap gifts then nothing would get bought!
Old 12-23-2018, 12:03 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I’ve only wrapped the gifts I shipped off to my family back home. The rest I’ll take care of on Christmas Eve!

Last edited by karlimarie; 12-23-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:09 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I love wrapping presents, but lately here it's sooooo hard to find wrapping papers! I got so frustrated trying to find shops that are selling those. So I ended up using pretty parcel bags instead.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:57 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
I love wrapping presents, but lately here it's sooooo hard to find wrapping papers! I got so frustrated trying to find shops that are selling those. So I ended up using pretty parcel bags instead.
I love using simple paper like brown kraft! You can decorate it any way you like... the possibilities are endless!

My mother is an architect and used to use her old blueprints to wrap presents with...
Old 12-23-2018, 02:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I still haven't wrapped! LOL!!
It sounds like my boys will be with their girlfriends tomorrow evening, so I'll do it then. Nothing like the last minute to light a fire under my rear!!
Old 12-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
I love using simple paper like brown kraft! You can decorate it any way you like... the possibilities are endless!

My mother is an architect and used to use her old blueprints to wrap presents with...
Yeah... I need to find those simpler alternatives, I think.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

And my presents still need wrapped...
Old 12-24-2018, 03:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
And my presents still need wrapped...
LOL! Well, I'm in good company then! I finished the scarves last night Now to get everything wrapped!