Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2018, 04:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Calling all App Scrappers

Ashley, this post is for you!! I was browsing a new to me Facebook group really early this morning and someone asked what digital scrapbooking was. I replied that digital scrapbooking was using a computer, tablet, phone, app to scrapbook.

Then one of our own replied "I’ve been digital scrapbooking since 2007 and didn’t even know you could do it with a tablet, phone or app.. I have only know of using a computer and photoshop because you have to have serious editing tools for shadows and warping etc. I wondered, do you have any links on those info or instruction on those, I’m curious to learn what that’s all about? Thanks in advance!"

So this is where you all come in to play.
How do you scrapbook on your phone, tablet, etc?

What can you tell us about this hobby. I might like to start a project on my phone (maybe tablet, because you know these eyes aren't the greatest) while I'm waiting at my children's weekly doctor appointments.

Please share your knowledge.

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 12-30-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i JUST downloaded the Becky Higgins PL App today!!

i'm curious to try it out, as i've only ever scrapped on my PC.
i know there's a way to upload/save your own personal digital kits to use within these apps, so i'll be looking forward to some guidance in that area!
Old 12-30-2018, 04:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know Scrapaneers has a class dedicated to APP scrapping. I've yet to dive in, I don't know if I can scrap on a screen that small. LOL

Old 12-30-2018, 04:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I played with Becky Higgins' app. I prefer using PSE, but I suppose if I wanted to get pages done really quickly, I could use the app.
Scrapaneers has a course and Steph (formerly from The Daily Digi) has a site Modern Photo Solutions with app courses.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have used Becky’s app but am drawn more to the layouts using templates and more elements. I scrap on my iPad Pro using the Affinity app. Same functions as Adobe and the iPad is easier to carry with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2018, 05:28 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

This may get long bc I get excited and want to give ALL of the info I know. Ill try and keep it sweet but informative.

So, scrapping from your phone is 100% possible and AWESOME. I literally a scrap anytime I'm just sitting. I have anxiety and "I can't sit still" syndrome, so I can curb so much bc I'm scrapping.

I am not a pocket page person so the B. Higgins was not up my alley. Most mobile scrappers have iPad/iOS (which I'm actually looking into switching over to) My info is somewhat limited on that but I DO know that affinity is available and the gals seem to really really like it for PS alternate.

Now. Android is well.. Puny. There is too much info for it to run a program like PS. I have spent almost a year looking at apps that can do this and the one I use (and started out with ) isn't even a photo editing app really. It is called PixelLab - text on pictures. Ill insert an image in a minute.
IT IS FREE! and it has gotten me this far and its fairly easy to use. I don't work for them at all and I doubt they even know how much their app gets used by me in a month haha.
It is by far the best I've found so far
It supports layers and I can use templates that have png versions- but too many layers will cause It to crash and the image sometimes won't save .

It has primitive shadowing but I have managed. The main things I gripe about are:
**Final image quality: the more layers, the smaller the image must be. And that usually means 1280x1280 to 800x800 depending on what I'm doing.
**primitive shadowing and can't use styles
** masks aren't very easy to manipluate
** you must save at the highest level you can (keep it png) and then upload to imgur to further reduce, if you want to upload to the SSD gallery.
** turning elements or papers at an angle can cause a funky jagged edge -I don't even know what it is or how to fix it- but it can also distort certain types of flowers that have a fabric look.

I have done ALL of my pages through this app, on my LG Stylo. I can absolutely give more info if you want because I really think if it was more well known Android would have better support AND that means more mobile scrapping.

Last edited by AshleyMilfd; 12-30-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've used the Project Life app, but I really don't like it. I like more freedom than it offers. Even pocket scrapping I want things to spill out of pockets, etc.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I've used the Project Life app, but I really don't like it. I like more freedom than it offers. Even pocket scrapping I want things to spill out of pockets, etc.
after playing around a little with it today, i found it incredibly rigid and didn't love that at all. of course, after scrapping forever on my desktop, i felt quite restricted... although i did like how straight forward it is and how you are able to just jump right in. but i can't see where there's a way to use your own files... and if that's the case, i won't use it for long, or very often.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
after playing around a little with it today, i found it incredibly rigid and didn't love that at all. of course, after scrapping forever on my desktop, i felt quite restricted... although i did like how straight forward it is and how you are able to just jump right in. but i can't see where there's a way to use your own files... and if that's the case, i won't use it for long, or very often.
I know Steph's class addresses using your own files. I believe it was through Dropbox, but it's been a while since I took the course. And, since I decided I wasn't going to use the app very much, I haven't kept up the skills.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've never heard of Affinity, but it looks amazing! I've always wished for something that I could use on the go (and have an excuse to buy an iPad.)
And it sure beats paying a monthly subscription for CC!
Old 12-31-2018, 02:27 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I scrap strictly with my iPad Pro and the affinity photo app. Adobe just announced at their last conference that they are bringing full photoshop to the iPad in early 2019 so I will definitely switch to that and am counting down the days. I like affinity photo but I know photoshop much better. I use the smallest iCloud subscription ($2.99 a month) to store all my scrap supplies. I came from scrapping on my 27” iMac and at first thought I wouldn’t be able to adjust to the smaller screen of the iPad Pro but my iMac sits untouched these days. I love the intuitiveness and mobility of my iPad. I hated being chained to a desk. I can scrap anywhere now.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You can access your digital supplies through iCloud and Dropbox if you take the time to upload via your computer or unzip using a utility on your iPad/iPhone. (relates to both Affinity and the PL app) It just takes more steps.