Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Has anyone tried this?

I saw an ad for touchnote and thought I'd try it. I am SO BAD about mailing cards to people. I buy the cards....but never mail them! I thought maybe this would work for me. I could design a card or postcard and THEY WILL MAIL IT FOR ME! The price isn't bad. I bought 5 credits for $10, so it's $2 for a postcard and $4 for a card. I'd probably pay more than that for a card at the store...

I just tossed a photo of my son snowboarding on spring break on a card for my son who just went back to school and this on another one for my MIL to see how they look. Yes, I cut it off, but it'll do for for now!

I might try my hand at intentionally designing a card or two. Has anyone else done this? I know there are other companies that do it too.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Interesting...I haven't tried it before. I have made cards using digital products before but not use a company to have them print/mail it. So you would just type your message to the person on the site and the mail it for you? I'm also really bad at sending cards in the mail too!

Old 03-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, you type your message and they mail it for you! I've thought about making cards before but didn't know how to print them affordably. But this solves my problem of never mailing them!
Old 03-11-2019, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Never knew a company would do that. Other than xmas cards I never mail out cards anymore but a few yrs ago I sure would have loved this service.

BTW, it is fun to create your own digi cards (I make hybrid as I used to be a paper scrapper for yrs so have lots of supplies to use). I make cards but then hand deliver them, mostly birthday and Xmas cards.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That's a really fun idea! Especially for me, since I live on the other side of the world from my family. They would LOVE this, especially my nieces and my grandmother. Thanks for sharing it!
Old 03-11-2019, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
That's a really fun idea! Especially for me, since I live on the other side of the world from my family. They would LOVE this, especially my nieces and my grandmother. Thanks for sharing it!

Cool! I’ll report back after they arrive and let you know how long it took to arrive and print quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post

BTW, it is fun to create your own digi cards (I make hybrid as I used to be a paper scrapper for yrs so have lots of supplies to use). I make cards but then hand deliver them, mostly birthday and Xmas cards.

Rae Do you print your digi supplies to use with the paper supplies? My printers have never been that good so I don’t print at all myself. I do live the hybrid projects I see posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2019, 12:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My printer is an ink hog and not the best quality so I use it sparingly, I print word art and elements to cut out and mount to a card front, using pop dots and glue. I have a lot of paper so don’t print papers. I create an 8.5 x 11 page with everything I want to print out at best print quality.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I will fill up an 11 x 16 page to send to Costco which is cheaper than printing at home.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've heard of companies like this, but have never tried them. I am just like you, Cindi!! I buy cards on time, but never get them mailed! I'm looking forward to finding out what you think about their quality.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh I love this. What a beautiful card. I've never tried it myself though.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use Punk Post to send letters to my kids. Love them! They take your message and handwrite it. You can even add photos and confetti They send you a preview of what it looks like. Here's the last two I sent. You can find it in the app store. Not sure if it's available for Android.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I use Punk Post to send letters to my kids. Love them! They take your message and handwrite it. You can even add photos and confetti
That's great Val, very fun! What are their prices like? But how funny that we'd pay someone to handwrite a card for us! Our parents and grandparents would cringe!
Old 03-12-2019, 06:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I use Punk Post to send letters to my kids. Love them! They take your message and handwrite it. You can even add photos and confetti They send you a preview of what it looks like. Here's the last two I sent. You can find it in the app store. Not sure if it's available for Android.

These are very cool, Val! What a great way to send fun notes to your kids!
Old 03-12-2019, 06:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
That's great Val, very fun! What are their prices like? But how funny that we'd pay someone to handwrite a card for us! Our parents and grandparents would cringe!
So very true!!!
Old 03-12-2019, 08:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Never heard of either of these. But I send cards ALL the TIME. So please keep us posted on what you think of them

Old 03-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Wouldn't they? LOL! It's about $7, but that includes the card and postage and everything.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to design and send my own cards through Shutterfly. They had an option to mail the card for you for only a couple bucks. I haven't checked lately, but I don't think they have the single card option anymore--I think they have minimum quantity orders now.

This looks fun, though!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, isn't that the coolest! I've never seen or heard anything like this before! Technology is so amazing!!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Wow!! That's awesome, Val!! Why have you never shared this before!!
Old 03-13-2019, 09:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes, you type your message and they mail it for you! I've thought about making cards before but didn't know how to print them affordably. But this solves my problem of never mailing them!
You can print affordably with Costco photos. I just create my Christmas card with Photoshop in a 4x6 or 5x7 size and get them printed on photo paper but choose the matte option. If I were really crafty I would glue them to cardstock but I just send as it.
I'm sure they have an option for cardstock print too but it might be a bit more expensive.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
You can print affordably with Costco photos. I just create my Christmas card with Photoshop in a 4x6 or 5x7 size and get them printed on photo paper but choose the matte option. If I were really crafty I would glue them to cardstock but I just send as it.
I'm sure they have an option for cardstock print too but it might be a bit more expensive.
That's true. No Costco around here. I could print at Walgreen's too. I was put off by it being photo paper vs. cardstock. Things that make you go hmmmm.....!!
Old 03-18-2019, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got the postcard I sent myself, in case anyone was wondering. I ordered Tuesday night, was shipped Wednesday and received it on Monday - that's 5 days for postage, 6 days total from date of order. Not bad!

I'm impressed with the cardstock, it's a decent weight and glossy on both sides. It might be hard to write on the glossy paper, but since they print the message and mail it for me I don't have to write on it. The colors seem true to what's on my computer screen.