Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2016, 11:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What's Up For The Weekend?

The local history museum is having some kind of tea & toads (?!) event tomorrow morning that my daughter wants to go to. She is going to a similar event, only cupcakes & painting, at my mom's church Sunday morning.

Otherwise we have house things to do: raking/blowing leaves, getting the van's brakes checked, finishing up the laundry, and grocery shopping. My daughter needs to pick up her room and work on memorizing her addition and multiplication facts.

I have 5 or 6 pages left in last year's Countdown to Christmas album and I'm going to try to get those wrapped up this weekend. I don't want to feel burnt out on it before this year's even starts!
Old 11-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My daughter is running her second 5k in the morning. We're all going to go out and cheer her on. I ran it with her last year, but I slowed her down. She's running with a high school student that's much faster this year. She's requested we go to breakfast at Chick-fil-A afterward; just like last year. I love that she wants to make traditions out of such simple things.

Other than that, I think we're going to have our first quiet weekend in months. No soccer. No meetings. No baby showers. No tests. No visitors. Just us.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it's a quiet weekend for us! Cleaning needs to happen, like always. I need to go through the girls clothes & take out everything that doesn't fit. And we're speaking in church on Sunday so Brian & I need to prepare for that. There's other things we'd like to do, like start painting the piano & start making a new kitchen table, but those might wait until next weekend.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have Friday through Sunday off. Yay! Today was errand running, hair appointment, busy busy time. Tonight we are going to a college basketball game. Tomorrow morning, kiddo plays two basketball games and I need to donate plasma. Sunday we are going to see Dr. Strange. The rest of the weekend is family time, household chore time.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Cleaning & organizing I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Tomorrow the kids have things on the schedule (playdates and a birthday party). Sunday is probably going to be a home day. I also have to get ready for my class's parent/teacher conferences and do some lesson planning.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is a week-end filled with cleaning and chaos here. What's worse than living with family? When they return from away (my brother works away from home for months at a time but then is home for two months before going back out)... I miss him and it will be great to see him, but SO much changes around here when he is home and it's very stressful for all of us. Anyway, I need to get our stuff cleaned up (we basically live out of boxes because there is no space for our stuff), and I am getting the kids rooms decluttered and cleaned up because they end up spending this time he's home in their rooms (he has two big dogs.... they are good dogs, but have quirks.... like one does not allow people to be closer than a 3 foot radius to each other, or the kids laughter sets them off in a barking fit that never ends (like I said stressful for all of us.... including the other side). The boys have been a huge help getting the firewood put away and cleaning up the yard winterizing it, so I am just focused indoors.

Today should be a little more laid back.... my sons Girlfriend will be here, and they enjoy playing video games and regular games with the little boys, so everyone will be well entertained and have a day of fun
Old 11-14-2016, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know the weekend is now over but was I ready for it! It was not a good week for me at work, seemed at every corner I was getting dumped on or could do nothing correct. I was out of the building as fast as I could be Friday, lol.
Got home grabbed Harlow (my lab) and off the trails we went. She ran and swam while I enjoyed the silence and cleared my head. Saturday I did a little retail therapy, a whole bunch of just trying things on and wandering. Sunday I crocheted a hat (first time I tried that) that turned out well but I lost count of my stitches and it is way too big for me, makes a good slouch hat though. Last night I started an elf hat/stocking cap so we'll see where that goes and I started sorting through summer stuff to put away as I think the cooler weather is finally here.