Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Devastated by retired designers...

I've just started scrapping again after losing my stash a few years ago when I lost my computer (I know, I know, I should have backed up!) and I must say... it's hurting.

Most of my fave designers seemed to have retired:
La Grier, Lauren Reid, Micheline Martin, Fee Jardine, Zoe Pearn, Em Merritt and so many of Jenn Barrett 's old kits. (so glad she's back but I had so so many of her old kits and the d/l links are now dead of course...)

How do you guys deal with the loss of your fave designers? Or a harddrive crash? I feel like I'm still in mourning and needed to vent

Does anyone have suggestions to designers with similar doodley / arty styles as these legends? I love hand drawn elements and alphas you can customise with different papers.

PLEASE HELP!
Old 09-23-2017, 11:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back! The digital scrapbooking industry has lost some amazing designers. It makes my heart hurt a little every time one of the long-term SSD designers announces their retirement or I hear about another site closing. I'm sure it's a lot more of a shock if you've been away from digiscrapping during all the changes. But the newer designers here are wonderful, too. Digital scrapbooking day (DSD) is the first Saturday in October. There will be lots of new releases and sales then. Red Ivy is one of the first people who comes to mind for doodly, hand-drawn kits. She's fantastic! (There are a lot of other designers you'd like, too, but my tired brain is drawing a blank right now because that's not the style I tend to scrap with.)
Old 09-24-2017, 04:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back to scrapping! It always makes me sad when designers retire too but there are some awesome new designers since you've been gone too! Instead of focusing on the ones who've left maybe you can have some fun catching up with what's new instead?! Like Rachel said, DSD is coming up in a couple weeks so now is the perfect time to replenish your stash!

You can also play along with the bingo challenges every month to flex your creative muscles and earn a coupon up to 40% off.

As far as designer suggestions Brook Magee is the first that comes to mind for me. She does some doodling and has some mighty fun and unique kits (and templates!)

Hope some of this helps! Have fun shopping and getting back into the swing of things!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

There are a lot I miss. I have been using some old kits lately and it really makes me miss some of those girls.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It makes me so sad when designers retire. I miss all those ladies too, and Julie Billingsley! Come back, girls!

There are sooooo many great designers in the shop. Shawna is the queen of alphas, if you ask me. I am always reaching for her alpha packs. I know she's not new, but if you want an alpha stash of ones you can customize, she's your girl!

I agree with Rachel & Cassie on Brook and Alice (Red Ivy) and I think Amanda has a good collection of hand drawn stuff too.

It's a bit overwhelming in the shop with all the goodies there - HAVE FUN rebuilding an awesome stash!!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 09-24-2017, 08:29 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitinmn View Post
It makes me so sad when designers retire. I miss all those ladies too, and Julie Billingsley! Come back, girls!
Yes to Julie Billingsley! I missed her soooo much!
Old 09-25-2017, 12:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Agree! Loved her work.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
She was one of my favorite designers, too! She and Zoe Pearn are the two I miss most.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yes. I've been around the whole time, and I still feel devastated by their absences!

Sugary Fancy has a similar style to La, doodly and all.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies for making me feel less alone and pointing me in the direction of some new (to me) designers that fit my style

xxx
Old 10-03-2017, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh yes, Zoe Pearn. I loved it when she made collabs with Kristin.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think we have the same taste, Ebony!
Sigh. I loved scrapping with Zoe Pearn & Lauren Grier kits here at SSD. They had such FUN unique styles (and Zoe absolutely THE best floral papers ever). I miss them so much! Thankfully, Jenn Barrette is back and slowly reeleasing some of her older kits.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I think we have the same taste, Ebony!
Sigh. I loved scrapping with Zoe Pearn & Lauren Grier kits here at SSD. They had such FUN unique styles (and Zoe absolutely THE best floral papers ever). I miss them so much! Thankfully, Jenn Barrette is back and slowly reeleasing some of her older kits.
Indeed we do! I just bought your Well Snipped Words alpha... can not wait to use it.

Oh I can't wait until she reeleases older kits. I swear I had nearly all of them, and I'll buy them again for sure!