Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-03-2022, 03:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandylou View Post
Can we use kits from the new designers like Pink Reptile Designs and the new designer that is coming this weekend that they have not yet put in their store. I know they will probably be adding kits a little at time. what if I want to scrap a page with one of their kits I have that they haven't added to the store yet? Is that possible or does the kit have to be in the store now?
Yes! Mandylou, you can use any kits (even retired kits) from any current Sweet Shoppe designers
Old 02-03-2022, 04:06 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

This is my first time doing challenges here and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Do we link up the pages we have done, or do we post a thumbnail/photo linking it to the gallery for each challenge we do?

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:10 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Yes! Mandylou, you can use any kits (even retired kits) from any current Sweet Shoppe designers
Awesome!! Thanks for the quick response.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:24 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Susie, I just link the Layout page in the gallery. That seems to be what everyone else is doing. Then, when you finish your challenges, you post the thumbnail of the filled calendar.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:26 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Here is my question for the February Challenges: When it says to create a birthday layout using a birthday kit and template from the store....does that mean a kit and template by the same person or a birthday kit and any template. It is a bit confusing.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachimac View Post
This is my first time doing challenges here and I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Do we link up the pages we have done, or do we post a thumbnail/photo linking it to the gallery for each challenge we do?
Susie, download the challenge image and put a thumbnail of your layout on the correct number. Then post it in the thread when you're done
Old 02-03-2022, 06:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaW View Post
Here is my question for the February Challenges: When it says to create a birthday layout using a birthday kit and template from the store....does that mean a kit and template by the same person or a birthday kit and any template. It is a bit confusing.
Carla, it doesn't have to be the same designer for the kit and the template.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:15 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Thank you, Tammy!
Old 02-04-2022, 11:31 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Can I get a quick clarification on choosing A or B options? It's my first time trying these challenges (which look amazing BTW), and I want to make sure I do it correctly.

Do we need to choose either A or B for each individual challenge, or do we need to choose A or B overall? For example, can I choose A for Challenge 1 but B for Challenge 3, or do I have to do all A's or all B's?

I hope that makes sense. Thanks so much for your help!
Old 02-04-2022, 12:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by londoncuppa View Post
Can I get a quick clarification on choosing A or B options? It's my first time trying these challenges (which look amazing BTW), and I want to make sure I do it correctly.

Do we need to choose either A or B for each individual challenge, or do we need to choose A or B overall? For example, can I choose A for Challenge 1 but B for Challenge 3, or do I have to do all A's or all B's?

I hope that makes sense. Thanks so much for your help!
Hey familiar face! Yes - you can choose either 'A' or 'B' for all of them, doesn't have to be ALL a's or b's across the board.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:51 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks so much, Kiana! I'm excited to try my hand at these challenges (I'm having challenge withdrawal...lol).
Old 02-04-2022, 03:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hello, I'm wondering with the Feature Designer options if you could post their store name name next to their name? Some designers have the same name as each other and some have a store name that doesn't include their first name. It would sure help getting to know who is who easier and figuring out which designers go with which shops. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2022, 03:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by londoncuppa View Post
Thanks so much, Kiana! I'm excited to try my hand at these challenges (I'm having challenge withdrawal...lol).
ROFL isn't that how it is after January.

Old 02-04-2022, 03:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_46 View Post
Hello, I'm wondering with the Feature Designer options if you could post their store name name next to their name? Some designers have the same name as each other and some have a store name that doesn't include their first name. It would sure help getting to know who is who easier and figuring out which designers go with which shops. Thanks!
I'll pass this along.

Old 02-04-2022, 04:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_46 View Post
We actually have a thread with all the names here:
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=92311

But yes, it can get confusing with so many designers with the same names!
Old 02-04-2022, 05:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

In the "At a Glance" post [#2] I've linked the designer's name to their shoppe & included their full design name as well. I'll continue to doing so going forward. I hope that helps.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
In the "At a Glance" post [#2] I've linked the designer's name to their shoppe & included their full design name as well. I'll continue to doing so going forward. I hope that helps.

Thanks Loni... that's super helpful!

Old 02-04-2022, 09:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
Thanks! That makes it so much easier!
Old 02-04-2022, 09:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So, I just realized after posting my challenge 15a that it says to use a birthday kit AND template. For some reason I thought it said to use a birthday kit OR Template. I know you all aren't too picky, but I can link it to a different challenge instead and redo that one if need. What do you all think?
Old 02-04-2022, 09:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If you are referring to the list form, in your thread you can link up your page to the challenge you did as you have seen others do. Take a thumbnail (120x120) and place it on the square that you did on your 'game board'. When finished, post the game board in your thread.

Here's Lidia's from last month as an example
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...76&postcount=5
Old 02-04-2022, 11:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hi. In the "show off and shout out" thread...
are we supposed to be looking through just the "This or That" gallery and leaving love on 15 layouts there...or anywhere, in any gallery? I looked at some of the layouts that were linked to and it looks like various galleries.
Old 02-05-2022, 12:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
Hi. In the "show off and shout out" thread...
are we supposed to be looking through just the "This or That" gallery and leaving love on 15 layouts there...or anywhere, in any gallery? I looked at some of the layouts that were linked to and it looks like various galleries.
Leaving love on any 15 layouts. Doesn't have to be just the challenge gallery for these.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Amber is Southern Serenity Designs
I was about to ask the same question! I usually check in the staff section but didn't see Amber listed anywhere.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Leaving love on any 15 layouts. Doesn't have to be just the challenge gallery for these.
Thank you!
Old 02-06-2022, 12:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have a question about the featured designer challenge 6. If the designer does templates and kits (like Em), can I just use a template by her with another SSD designer's kits or do I need to use her kits? Obviously with template designers (like Amber) I would need to do that, but I just wanted to make sure I understand the parameters for the designers that have both types.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
I have a question about the featured designer challenge 6. If the designer does templates and kits (like Em), can I just use a template by her with another SSD designer's kits or do I need to use her kits? Obviously with template designers (like Amber) I would need to do that, but I just wanted to make sure I understand the parameters for the designers that have both types.
Yes you can. You can use a template by Em and a kit bij another designer or a kit by Em and a template by another designer.

Old 02-06-2022, 12:56 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Back to option 11- I just interpreted that it has to be a layout about your best day ever or worst day ever. Is that not correct? Reading the responses to Liv’s original question does it have to be pertaining to a child or someone you are a caregiver for? I was planning on scrapping a wedding photo since that was a best day ever.

Also for the heart challenge would River Rose’s free with purchase this week (the template) be considered a large heart?
Old 02-06-2022, 01:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselwatchr View Post
Back to option 11- I just interpreted that it has to be a layout about your best day ever or worst day ever. Is that not correct? Reading the responses to Liv’s original question does it have to be pertaining to a child or someone you are a caregiver for? I was planning on scrapping a wedding photo since that was a best day ever.

Also for the heart challenge would River Rose’s free with purchase this week (the template) be considered a large heart?
Liv's question was about January's #11, not February. You should be good to do your wedding photo!

Old 02-07-2022, 09:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Scrapping a wedding photo is perfect for this challenge! So yes, go ahead.

And yes, I think the heart in the template is large enough. So feel free to use that template for this challenge.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This is the one I used for this said challenge and I just made the whole thing bigger to be sure it was big enough.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:25 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Did the Jan. This or That coupons go out yet? I just want to be sure I didn't miss out on it... already have several kits burning a hole in my wishlist!
Old 02-10-2022, 12:20 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

They have not. Sweet Rewards week kicks off next week, so coupons should be sent this weekend sometime
Old 02-10-2022, 12:27 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
They have not. Sweet Rewards week kicks off next week, so coupons should be sent this weekend sometime
Thank you so much, Robin!
I just wanted to be sure to not miss them.
Thank you so much for everything y'all do here!
What an amazing birthday bash you're throwing!!!
So much fun & activity!!!
Old 02-15-2022, 09:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just how 'strict' are we being with Challenge 3a - Red & White color scheme? Like ifffff oh I dunno.... say a touch of black paint or a doodle just so happens to appear out of no where on my page, does it still work for this challenge?? LOL
Old 02-15-2022, 09:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Just how 'strict' are we being with Challenge 3a - Red & White color scheme? Like ifffff oh I dunno.... say a touch of black paint or a doodle just so happens to appear out of no where on my page, does it still work for this challenge?? LOL
The layout should be primarily red & white, but would say you'd be okay with little touches of black,
Old 02-24-2022, 10:09 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

These are general questions. Loni wrote on her post for this month, "As a friendly reminder.... pages created for our This or That? challenges should be created primarily with Sweet Shoppe products meaning that at a glance they are OBVIOUSLY made with products purchased from Sweet Shoppe Designs." Does this mean that we cannot use free-with-purchase products? Does this mean we cannot use the free collabs, like the birthday one for this month? Can we used retired kits that we've purchased? Thank you!
Old 02-24-2022, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
These are general questions. Loni wrote on her post for this month, "As a friendly reminder.... pages created for our This or That? challenges should be created primarily with Sweet Shoppe products meaning that at a glance they are OBVIOUSLY made with products purchased from Sweet Shoppe Designs." Does this mean that we cannot use free-with-purchase products? Does this mean we cannot use the free collabs, like the birthday one for this month? Can we used retired kits that we've purchased? Thank you!
From what I understand collabs are okay and as long as the designer is here at the store you can use any of their kits in your layouts for challenges. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
You can use ANY kit, collab, template etc. from a CURRENT designer in our Shoppe right now. Retired & freebie kits as well from a CURRENT designer in our Shoppe.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thank you both for the info!!
Old 03-02-2022, 03:11 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I don't know the designer's real names. For the March "This or That", what is Bobbie and Jo's designer names?

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Old 03-02-2022, 03:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I don't know the designer's real names. For the March "This or That", what is Bobbie and Jo's designer names?
Bobbie is River Rose Designs

Jo is JoCee Designs

Old 03-02-2022, 03:28 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Bobbie is River Rose Designs

Jo is JoCee Designs

Thank you Sugar Baby!!!

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Old 03-02-2022, 03:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thank you Sugar Baby!!!
You're very welcome, sweets!
Old 03-05-2022, 10:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Option 8 of March's challenges says scrap with this month's new freebies.
I am wondering when these freebies will be coming, or if we can use the freebies that are in the shop now?
Old 03-05-2022, 01:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Option 8 of March's challenges says scrap with this month's new freebies.
I am wondering when these freebies will be coming, or if we can use the freebies that are in the shop now?
In the second post it says they are coming March 15... so we need a little bit of patience...
Old 03-09-2022, 11:01 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default question

I thought I can posted everything I needed to last month to get a coupon, but I obviously missed something. Where kind I find out what I missed so that I don't miss it again? TIA!
Old 03-09-2022, 10:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The codes will not be sent out until this weekend. You’ll be able to use them the 2nd Full Week of the month, so starting Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra View Post
I thought I can posted everything I needed to last month to get a coupon, but I obviously missed something. Where kind I find out what I missed so that I don't miss it again? TIA!
Old 03-09-2022, 11:31 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
The codes will not be sent out until this weekend. You’ll be able to use them the 2nd Full Week of the month, so starting Monday.
Thank you Vanessa. That makes me very happy!!
Old 03-12-2022, 07:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

for those looking for designer names/real names, here is a quick reference in the forum that has been updated.

Hope it helps

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=92311
Old 03-15-2022, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For March This or That? Challenge 8a - Scrap a layout using only one of this month’s new freebies

If I use the freebie template from Cindy and then a non-freebie kit for the rest, does it count? Or does it have to be all freebies?