Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2022, 01:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I only scrapbook now, but I used to thrift furniture pieces to rehab/paint/update and put in our home or give to friends. I still use one of my first furniture flips in my office. It was an old record player cabinet. It was brown, had brass hardware and was pretty ugly, but I liked it's bone structure and curved lines so I brought it home. I removed all the broken electronics, and spray painted the wood and hardware to make it good for storage inside.

I can't find the before photo, but this is what it looks like now.

It could use a touchup in a couple of spots, but it's worked well for the last 13 years and for the $20 price tag (which included buying the piece and the spray paint), I'd say it's served it's purpose.
Old 02-22-2022, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Thanks! No, I don't "make" any of this stuff. It's all from a local craft store that sells everything together with all the supplies. You get the wood, the vinyl cutouts, the paint... everything you need to complete the project. That's what I love about it. There's no thinking involved. I just set up my area and go. It's a nice break from everything.
Gotcha. I have a side gig making signs, etc. but a laser cutter isn't in the budget yet. Eventually, I think I might like to get into selling premade kits like that.

Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow, Kayla, how awesome! That looks fantastic. I bet your friends were thrilled when you gifted them your re-creations, too!
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
I only scrapbook now, but I used to thrift furniture pieces to rehab/paint/update and put in our home or give to friends. I still use one of my first furniture flips in my office. It was an old record player cabinet. It was brown, had brass hardware and was pretty ugly, but I liked it's bone structure and curved lines so I brought it home. I removed all the broken electronics, and spray painted the wood and hardware to make it good for storage inside.

It could use a touchup in a couple of spots, but it's worked well for the last 13 years and for the $20 price tag (which included buying the piece and the spray paint), I'd say it's served it's purpose.
Beautiful, Kayla!

Old 02-22-2022, 02:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

That's beautiful!!! I am getting ready to paint a couple of thrifted pieces myself for my craft space! I hope mine come out as nice!!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-22-2022, 06:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So much talent in this thread - love all the creativity!

I have a side business that I started a couple of years ago. I've got about 5 more years of teaching before I retire, so I plan to focus on the craft business "full time-ish" after that. Right now I primarily sell through fb and word of mouth, but I am in the process of setting up an Etsy shop for another stream of revenue. Here's a collage of some of my projects - as you can tell, I dabble in many things lol. I'm transitioning towards mostly signs and other wooden projects but I love to do it all!

Old 02-22-2022, 11:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Currently it's just digi-scrapping for me. I'm awful at drawing and painting. I like to color adult coloring pages and I'm learning more in photography world, if those count lol
Old 02-23-2022, 01:35 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
So much talent in this thread - love all the creativity!

I have a side business that I started a couple of years ago. I've got about 5 more years of teaching before I retire, so I plan to focus on the craft business "full time-ish" after that. Right now I primarily sell through fb and word of mouth, but I am in the process of setting up an Etsy shop for another stream of revenue. Here's a collage of some of my projects - as you can tell, I dabble in many things lol. I'm transitioning towards mostly signs and other wooden projects but I love to do it all!
I love your creations.
Old 02-23-2022, 01:36 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganmecrazy View Post
Currently it's just digi-scrapping for me. I'm awful at drawing and painting. I like to color adult coloring pages and I'm learning more in photography world, if those count lol
Sure they count! I also always thought I couldn't draw or paint, but I do it anyway,
Old 02-25-2022, 01:34 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Kayla, I didn't know you did that!!! I had a booth at an antique mall for a year- my "smalls" didn't sell but my hand painted furniture couldn't keep in stock! Great to know this about you!
Old 02-25-2022, 01:37 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
You are all SO talented and creative! I used to make tons of cards, but pretty much gave that up. I turn quite a bit of my digital art into wall art - mostly canvases. One of my favorite pieces of wall art is a collection of my paper ATC's, which I call "My Ladies Collection". I'll be back with some pictures.
And Cheryl, all this time, I never knew you did this! I can't make a decent card, I tried really hard, and getting things straight- aligned was a nemesis to me. My Mom makes them, and I admire hand made cards.
Kuddos to you for putting your pages onto canvas too!
Old 02-25-2022, 02:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

During the pandemic, I took up or expanded several hobbies including crochet, film photography (and learned to develop my own film) and sourdough bread baking. I also got more into using my silhouette to print stickers for my planner every week. I dabble in sewing & painting here and there too. Photography and digital scrapbooking are the two creative outlets I always come back to.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:37 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

So much variety here! I've done watercolor and sketching as far back as I can remember thanks to parents that supported their children's interests.
I dove into fiber/textile arts about 5 years ago. I love creating artful garments, surface design, dyeing fiber, and weaving.
These are a few samples: ( The first pic is blurry and I hope the images aren't too big!)

Last edited by ajk; 02-27-2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:41 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjam View Post
Rikki I CERTAINLY do know Claudine Helmut. That collage was totally inspired by her designs!!!!
I like her as well!!!! And collage... ahhhhhh COLLAGE!!
Old 02-25-2022, 04:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a couple- I do a lot of homemade cards- so I still have a lot of my 'real' paper crafting supplies! I don't seem to take photos of them tho- which is something I should be better at!

I also make cupcakes! I sorta have a side gig- I get paid by my boss to make cupcakes for our employees birthdays, as well as making them for friends/family & through word of mouth. It's still VERY much a side gig- I do it more because I like to rather than to make $$. Here's my album of all of my cupcakes that I've taken pics of! https://photos.app.goo.gl/rf5mUyjNoq4JvPEY7

I just did this layout of our christmas baking that included some yummy cupcakes:

As well as my daughter's birthday & included her cupcakes I made!
Old 02-25-2022, 05:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post

I also make cupcakes! I sorta have a side gig- I get paid by my boss to make cupcakes for our employees birthdays, as well as making them for friends/family & through word of mouth. It's still VERY much a side gig- I do it more because I like to rather than to make $$. Here's my album of all of my cupcakes that I've taken pics of! https://photos.app.goo.gl/rf5mUyjNoq4JvPEY7
Wow, your cupcakes are seriously impressive!!!
Old 02-26-2022, 02:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Wow! That's amazing! I have a table and chairs out on my patio that I want to repaint... I keep putting it off. This gives me inspiration!