Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-13-2022, 09:36 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Help with creating action

So I've decided that I need to print out my many, many pages and to help check any journaling for readability before printing, I tried to make an action to resize the TIF from 12x12 to 10x10.

When I went to insert a step into the action (View --> Actual Size), Photoshop lets me record the step but it doesn't show up in the action. What am I missing? I would think that if I can select the menu option during recording it should actually record it but I have no idea why it won't.

I know I can just manually select the menu option but I'm lazy and I have hundreds of layouts to go through. Here's a video of what I'm trying to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soCYYe91x7U
Old 06-23-2022, 11:49 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

in the video I see lots of layers , so this is not a jpg, perhaps this helps
Old 06-25-2022, 07:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayla63 View Post
in the video I see lots of layers , so this is not a jpg, perhaps this helps
Good thought but no luck. I did end up purchasing Wendyzine Scraps' actions to resize layouts for printing so that helps out a lot.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are your printing the pages yourself? If not, there is no need to resize the image. Even if you are printing yourself, you can add that step as part of the printing process. You'll have better quality if you don't resize. The more pixel data, the the higher the quality. Whoever you print through will automatically resize the image based on the product you purchase. I always leave my pages 12x12 and print at 8x8 or 10x10 with no issues.

Regarding the action. View > actual size just shows you whatever file you have open at actual size on your monitor. It's not actually altering your file in any way, that's why it's not recorded as a step. It looks like what you originally recorded should work for resizing. You just need to add steps to save the image and close.