Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Problem with Lightroom?

This might be a long shot but has anyone had problems with Lightroom not recognizing duplicate files when they import from a camera card?

For some reason today Lightroom has decided that rather than detecting the files I already imported off my card, it's copying them again into the same folder and adding a -1 to the file name. So I'm getting files like this: IMG_23918.CR2 and then IMG_23918-1.CR2. What's weird is I'm following the exact same settings and process I always do.

As far as I can tell the metadata is exactly the same and I haven't moved any of the files around on my computer. Don't Import Suspected Duplicates is checked as well.

I don't suppose anyone has seen this before and has a solution? I posted over on the Lightroom forums too but I figured I'd ask here as well.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't seen that happening here, though mine is doing odd things as well. In my case it's just not putting things in date folders. I have to search for photos through the entire catalog vs. the dates.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I haven't seen that problem yet Lynnette, but now I'm afraid to open up my LR!

Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got lightroom...any suggestions on the best place to go to learn how to use it most effectively? I'm looking for a "dummies" kinda tutorial...

I currently use Bridge for organizing photos - I guess I can stop using Bridge and solely use Lightroom?

Thanks girls!!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to use Lightroom but when I got this computer at the beginning of the year...I never got around to reinstalling Lightroom...don't remember that problem.

I use Bridge for downloading my pics and renaming them. If they come on my computer another way...i.e. dumping them quickly to free up card....I used the "Renamer" program that Libby recommended. It's awesome! I will be using it on hundreds of photos from last weekend.