Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default I just love Olive Garden...

I get a craving every now and then for their garlic breadsticks and some alfredo sauce. I dont really like alfredo sauce but IDK theirs is different and soooo good. Well last night after my husband had been particularly jerky all day to me I think he felt bad so he asked me if I wanted anything. I decided to get some breadsticks and alfredo sauce.

We went in to place a to go order for them, some ravioli and salad for him and me (kids wont eat their food...crazy kids LOL). We were told it'd about 15-20 minutes til the food would be out. It got to 25 minutes and it still was not done so my husband asked about it and we were told they were putting it in a bag as we speak. We waited another 10 minutes and he asked again. I guess a manager heard him ask a second time so without even saying anything went and got a gift card and got the food for us and brought both out.

The gift card was for more then what we spent!! So basically our meal was free Although Im thinking Im going to give the card to my daughter so her and her boyfriend can go to olive garden for lunch for valentines day (he lost his job last week so I doubt they will have much money to do anything special) But isnt that so cool of them? Alot of restaurants you are lucky if you even get an apology for a very long wait time like that but they went above and beyond what most restaurants do!!

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome! It's nice to hear a good customer service story.

And we LOVE Olive Garden too. It's the only place my 6 year old ever wants to eat when we're in Wichita. She loves their salad.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What a great thing to do - I know Pizza Hut in NZ wouldn't give that much unless you returned the food. Usually you are lucky to get a $6 GC which covers 2 sides

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

wow 6 dollars would only cover one side here!! well one plus a teeny little bit of another LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
What a great thing to do - I know Pizza Hut in NZ wouldn't give that much unless you returned the food. Usually you are lucky to get a $6 GC which covers 2 sides

Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

also just wanted to add we werent that upset about the long wait because usually there is about a 30 minute wait just to get seated at our olive garden...so it takes a considerably shorter time to get it to go. My husband just nicely asked the lady if it would be done soon because we needed to stop on the way home at a store that closes early and it was getting close to time for them to close. So it came as a big surprise when we got the card. Its not the first time Olive Gardens done something like that before though. We ordered lasagna there to go before and it didnt have much sauce on it, the noodles were kinda dried out on the corners and it was a lunch sized portion when we had ordered a dinner size. So my husband called after we drove all the way home and spoke to the manager there. He apologized over and over, told him to bring it back up at his convenience and he'd make it up to him. He gave us a new lasagna (dinner sized this time) and a 25 dollar gift card. My husband told him the lasagna was good enough but the manager said no you had to drive all the way back up here and take your time the gift card is for the inconvenience. That was about 2 years ago so they dont mess up all the time LOL but when they do they really do try hard to make sure you leave there very satisfied

Last edited by jessica31876; 02-01-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

aww... that was really nice of them! I guess I'm jaded enough that I don't expect any business to go over and beyond to keep a person's business... not that you were mad and never would go back... but just think, that gc doesn't cost them much in the grand scheme of things and now you are giving them a glowing review by word of mouth... *sigh* now I have a craving for Olive Garden...
Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

That is really nice of them.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Olive Garden. Mainly their salad of course...every time we go there I have to buy a bottle of their salad dressing for home.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

that's awesome customer service. (: i like stories like that, especially since you normally hear such horror stories when it comes to restaurants and things.

also- HOW CAN YOUR KIDS NOT LIKE THEIR FOOD? blasphemous!

we FINALLY got one at home a year or so ago. for the longest time, the closest one was an hour away. and then they finally opened one last winter. the wait to get in? is still a minimum of 40 minutes. no matter when you go. it's kind of absurd. and makes it not worth it.

but the food is so yummy. and there's one up here, like, 10 minutes from here. i drag my best friend to it whenever she comes to see me.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a gift card and we're saving it for my daughter's birthday. My youngest daughter is not a huge pasta eater, and my son usually orders soup, but the rest of us will eat it right up. Now I'm craving it...
Old 02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mmmm we love Olive Garden too, haven't been there in awhile though cause it costs so dang much for a family of five to go out to dinner these days and we rarely get out just the 2 of us. But we used to eat there all the time when we were dating, that's even where my husband proposed to me lol! We also had Rob's college graduation party there & that's when we announced to our families that we were pregnant with Kaylie so it's kinda special to us...now I'm craving salad and breadsticks too
Old 02-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

What a nice customer service story. I LOVE Olive Garden too! That have some great soups. My husband and I like to go to lunch and have the soup, salad, breadstick meal. YUM!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

mmm...Olive Garden. My best customer service story and my worst are both from Applebees. lol I do eat it pretty often, so, that might be why. The best time was when I was pregnant, we stopped by a Car Side to Go to get my favorite salad from there. I didn't check it, just drove home where my dh dropped me off and went to work. I went to open my salad and it was just lettuce and a tiny bit of cheese, nothing else on it. I called them, explained what happened, that I no longer had a car and was pregnant. They sent someone to my house with a new salad and all my money back.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Olive Garden. With a serious passion.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Its one place I really miss from back home food wise!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Banned

profile gallery

So I too love Olive Garden. But I will say, I can make the Zuppa Toscano soup better then they can now!!! Breadsticks a different story!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my lunch yesterday was breadsticks and alfredo! LOL. Well I should add that I did order soup as well, but filled up on the breadsticks.

Our Olive Garden has been great if there is ever a problem too. Mostly just taking meals off the ticket. One time we ordered the new "special" at the time and didn't like it so they brought us out a whole new meal and took the 1st meal off the ticket completely.