Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2022, 01:38 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default What's your pet peeve?

Everyone has one (or more) pet peeves, right?!

Mine are people who park in what we call "second row". You might know that parking spots in Germany are sometimes hard to find (even in residential areas) and there are plenty of people who park in the street on the side, parallel to people who are parked properly on the sidewalk. Often enough they park in such a way that the other car is blocked and cannot get out or only by going back and forth like a hundred times and squeezing themselves out of their spot. I cannot count the times I have been blocked like that.

Sometimes I leave a "thank you" note on their windshield

What is your pet peeve?
Old 03-21-2022, 03:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh gee - I have a "few" Haha.

I'm going to go with "snapping" or "cracking" of gum! It makes me crazy!

Old 03-21-2022, 03:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

People who can't use their blinkers... like I can read your mind! haha
Old 03-21-2022, 03:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ha ha - I have a number of them but think my biggest one is cashiers that don't say please or thank you! (Quite common, I'm afraid!)
Old 03-21-2022, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped mine...LOL Erica has a great kit for it.

Open cabinets, toys everywhere (my yard is littered with darts from nerf guns, small messes that are easy to clean like chocolate finger prints on my microwave....my motto is messes happen...just clean them up. I have boys it happens...clean it up!
Old 03-21-2022, 04:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Dirty laundry left behind the bathroom door when the laundry room is 20 feet away on the same floor! Or when my boys take their underwear and pants off together and pull the pant leg through the underwear and put it in the dirty laundry like that Or taking off their dirty socks and throwing them in the laundry all rolled up in a ball or inside out so I have to handle them. Apparently I have lots of issues with laundry!
Old 03-21-2022, 05:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So far... all of the above! LOL
Old 03-21-2022, 06:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Ha ha - I have a number of them but think my biggest one is cashiers that don't say please or thank you! (Quite common, I'm afraid!)
Oh wow- me too - sometimes I say "thank you for letting me spend my money here".

Old 03-21-2022, 07:52 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Along this same topic, I hate when the cashier talks to other people while checking you out. Just because your friend is behind me in line doesn't mean I'm not important. Treat me with respect and I'll do the same to you.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

People talking with their mouth full, and people not closing their mouth when they chew. Ugh. Can't stand it.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My latest pet peeve is people who say "no problem" instead of "you're welcome" when you thank them. Along the same lines, it drives me crazy when people don't know how to pluralize or possess correctly (especially businesses).

Other peeves include people not using their turn signals, people not putting their shopping cart away, hypocrites, text speak, my son leaving his Capri Sun straw wrappers everywhere, and backtalk/disrespect from my kids.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
My latest pet peeve is people who say "no problem" instead of "you're welcome" when you thank them..
We do this all the time in new zealand. Kind of a cultural thing I guess.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:57 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Hm, somehow I recognize myself in most of them. Seems I have lots of pet peeves, lol.

Another: using up the toilet paper and leaving the empty roll lying around
Old 03-22-2022, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The boys in my house clean the dishes but never wipe the counters/stove. I don't get how you "clean" the kitchen but leave it covered in food.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:11 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
Dirty laundry left behind the bathroom door when the laundry room is 20 feet away on the same floor! Or when my boys take their underwear and pants off together and pull the pant leg through the underwear and put it in the dirty laundry like that Or taking off their dirty socks and throwing them in the laundry all rolled up in a ball or inside out so I have to handle them. Apparently I have lots of issues with laundry!
Ha ha! This is my life... or was. I'm surrounded by boys. My hubby and my two teenage boys. A couple years ago I started making the boys do their own laundry after one of them complained that his laundry wasn't done. The younger one still is awful about it and I do end up helping him sometimes, but I refused to mate socks if they are in a ball or inside out. And my hubby is the worst of the three. His clothes are inside out or partially inside out 75% of the time. This month I actually started folding his stuff inside out. I told him I refuse to turn his clothes right side out any more. If he can't be bothered to put down the laundry shoot the right way, I can't be bothered to fix it. Ha ha ha!
Old 03-22-2022, 01:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

All of the above! LOL. The laundry.... all my kids used to do that undies and pants stuck together inside out.

Plus... when people (aka kids and hubby) stack the big pots n pans on top of the smaller ones. Seriously like how hard is it to slide the big pan under the little one?!?

And the rest are driving related...
car seats not used properly or at all..... as I'm driving I should not see kids bouncing up n down in the back seat or hanging out the window. (my family calls me "Safety Stacy"... I install almost all the kids carseats.)
Using the shoulder of a road as a lane to fly past the 20 cars waiting at the light cause they want to turn right or jump in front of those waiting...
Or flying up the wrong side of the road cause they want to get in that left turning lane...

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-22-2022, 02:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I do it all the time too! mostly because i get nervous/flustered and no problem is for some reason easier to say lol.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's also a Midwestern thing. It's way more common to hear no problem than you're welcome mainly as it's a way of downplaying it to make it seem like it was no big deal what you did that a person is thanking you for.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Here's a few of mine:
-leaving straw wrappers, yogurt lids, etc. on the counters/tables (ugh kid does this all the time)
-leaving spilled food on the counters (my hubby does this so much I am afraid to actually get the new counters I want cause I think he'll ruin them)
-leaving a tiny amount of the last of everything so you don't have to throw it away (hubby does this, too)

So I have lots more, but it seems like I am annoyed with the state of my house right now. lol
Old 03-22-2022, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Laundry in itself is a pet peeve lol. Right now my oldest is driving me nuts with his cereal bowl. It's 2 feet behind him to the sink and 3 feet to the left of him to the dishwasher. Why can't the dish go in the dishwasher??????????
My huge pet peeve of the moment is at the gym. The guys (it's always guys) who do their set on whatever equipment, and then sit there for 10-15 minutes scrolling through their phone before they do their next set. Dude, you don't need that much time. Do your set, rest a minute or 2, repeat and MOVE ON! When the gym is busy and the equipment is all being used (many as a place to sit and scroll) it drives me insane.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
My huge pet peeve of the moment is at the gym. The guys (it's always guys) who do their set on whatever equipment, and then sit there for 10-15 minutes scrolling through their phone before they do their next set. Dude, you don't need that much time. Do your set, rest a minute or 2, repeat and MOVE ON! When the gym is busy and the equipment is all being used (many as a place to sit and scroll) it drives me insane.
OMG, yes. And like they plan for it to take that long. I don't have time to be at the gym for 2 hours, do a freaking super set and move on, other people need the equipment, too.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don’t know if it’s a pet peeve since it makes me a little ragey, but nobody in my family has the ability to shut a cabinet door. I've been known to make all the kids come in the kitchen for "training" where I open the all the cabinet doors and make them shut them a dozen times.

When I’m driving, there are so many things that drop me insane. For one thing, in the Philippines, people will stop their cars in the road if it’s convenient for them. Usually it’s because life is set up for people who are walking, but now that people have cars, they want to get the things that the walking people get, too, like roasted chicken or fresh bread. But there’s nowhere to park on these little shops, so they just pull off a little or onto the sidewalk partly. And it blocks the whole flow of traffic. To be honest, I’m pretty sure that I’m the only one who is bothered by it. But I really am.

I also hate it when people are stopped at a light that says left turn on green and they think it’s a red light because there’s not an arrow. This could be the fault of the transportation department because all the signs are in English, and you have to be pretty adept at English to know what the word "yield" means.

Last edited by joelsgirl; 03-22-2022 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

All of the above!

I also hate it when my hubby or kids drive my car and messed up my seat and mirrors. They also turn up the radio and mess with my seat heater. We have enough cars for everyone to have their own, so why can't they leave mine alone... ok, rant over. boy did that feel good to get off my chest!
Old 03-23-2022, 02:52 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have many, but my biggest is eating with your mouth open - drives me bonkers. My son ate with his mouth closed at age 3.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:24 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post

Plus... when people (aka kids and hubby) stack the big pots n pans on top of the smaller ones. Seriously like how hard is it to slide the big pan under the little one?!?
I know, right? My husband is the worst when it comes to stacking. Sometimes I think men and women are two different kinds of species.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:25 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
-leaving a tiny amount of the last of everything so you don't have to throw it away (hubby does this, too)
It is so amazing (and comforting) that it's the same all over.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:26 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Thank God I am not going to the gym. At least I am spared one area, lol.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post

When I’m driving, there are so many things that drop me insane. For one thing, in the Philippines, people will stop their cars in the road if it’s convenient for them. Usually it’s because life is set up for people who are walking, but now that people have cars, they want to get the things that the walking people get, too, like roasted chicken or fresh bread. But there’s nowhere to park on these little shops, so they just pull off a little or onto the sidewalk partly. And it blocks the whole flow of traffic. To be honest, I’m pretty sure that I’m the only one who is bothered by it. But I really am.

I also hate it when people are stopped at a light that says left turn on green and they think it’s a red light because there’s not an arrow. This could be the fault of the transportation department because all the signs are in English, and you have to be pretty adept at English to know what the word "yield" means.
Traffic is the source of a lot of anger for me, too,
Old 03-23-2022, 03:31 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
All of the above!

I also hate it when my hubby or kids drive my car and messed up my seat and mirrors. They also turn up the radio and mess with my seat heater. We have enough cars for everyone to have their own, so why can't they leave mine alone... ok, rant over. boy did that feel good to get off my chest!
Remind me never to let you get into my car, Kayla!
Old 03-23-2022, 03:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I don’t know if it’s a pet peeve since it makes me a little ragey, but nobody in my family has the ability to shut a cabinet door. I've been known to make all the kids come in the kitchen for "training" where I open the all the cabinet doors and make them shut them a dozen times.
My ex-husband never closed cabinets/drawers either. It drove me absolutely rage-y, too.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a lot of "peeves" too, but right now it would be people who talk over me.

I am in a ton of meetings these day and I always wait for "my turn" to speak, even to raising my hand when I can't find an opening. But once I start speaking, someone will just start talking over me and I have to stop because I am not going to fight to be heard. That doesn't make any sense to me. How can people listen to more than one person at a time?

It is so frustrating to me that yesterday in a meeting when I started speaking and my boss interrupted me, I told him to stop and respect my right to speak. At the end of the day, it is just rude to interrupt a person and it is counter productive for everyone to be speaking over each other.

My company needs to do a workshop or something on how to conduct a meeting respectfully. First of all because rudeness is just unacceptable and second of all because our meetings take forever and nothing gets accomplished. I also have a peeve about wasting time.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 03-24-2022 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:32 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
People talking with their mouth full, and people not closing their mouth when they chew. Ugh. Can't stand it.
+1

Just the other I saw 2 people in 2 following cars coming toward me, both chewing gums like cows and it made me scream inside lol
Old 03-24-2022, 02:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My latest pet peeve is people who say "no problem" instead of "you're welcome" when you thank them. Along the same lines, it drives me crazy when people don't know how to pluralize or possess correctly (especially businesses).
I agree with LeeAndra! Add to that is the use of the word "myself," because 99% of the time, people misuse it. Actually, that's probably my top pet peeve, along with "no problem." "My sister and myself went shopping." Ugh!
Old 03-25-2022, 10:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

First off, I'm highly irritable, but it's very fleeting (meaning I'm irritated for like 30 second and move on, lol), so it's all relative.

Little things: I have a few grammatical pet peeves. When people don't know the difference between loose and lose ... random apostrophes ... my name being misspelled despite the fact that my name is spelled out in my email address or username when the person is responding.

Big things: I won't comment on this for fear of offending people
Old 03-26-2022, 01:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

people who just let their dogs bark and bark without considering neighbours or people around them! I just got home from my walk and I live in a pretty small town. I could hear this dog barking the entire time because of weird their yard is. It overlooks the golf course in our town and I can't help but think the dog must be annoying for people when they are trying to golf and have to hear a dog bark all the time.. unless no one else would get annoyed with it and maybe that's just me lol
Old 03-26-2022, 01:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=SeattleSheri;1063092509
Big things: I won't comment on this for fear of offending people [/QUOTE]

message me! I want to know
Old 03-26-2022, 01:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
people who just let their dogs bark and bark without considering neighbours or people around them! I just got home from my walk and I live in a pretty small town. I could hear this dog barking the entire time because of weird their yard is. It overlooks the golf course in our town and I can't help but think the dog must be annoying for people when they are trying to golf and have to hear a dog bark all the time.. unless no one else would get annoyed with it and maybe that's just me lol
This is super frustrating! My next door neighbour has dogs like this. They never stop barking when they're out... which isn't very much, I must say. I feel really torn... on the one hand I hate when they let their stupid barky dogs out, but on the other hand I feel really bad for those poor dogs that are rarely let outside for more than the few minutes it takes to do their business. I'm sure if they were let out more they probably wouldn't be so barky.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
This is super frustrating! My next door neighbour has dogs like this. They never stop barking when they're out... which isn't very much, I must say. I feel really torn... on the one hand I hate when they let their stupid barky dogs out, but on the other hand I feel really bad for those poor dogs that are rarely let outside for more than the few minutes it takes to do their business. I'm sure if they were let out more they probably wouldn't be so barky.
oh man.. that is frustrating My dog doesn't go out much either but she doesn't really want to be out.. she's pretty lazy and just wants to sleep. I often wonder if our neighbours think I'm a mean dog owner because of it though lol
Old 03-26-2022, 03:55 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I am a dog owner, and this is my biggest pet peeve: Dog owners who do not pick up their dog's poop. I can't tell you how many times I stepped in a pile of someone else's dog's poop while walking our dogs. We walked down our trail (which is .25 mile) and I counted 50 abandoned coilers. 50!!!!!!!!

Running a close second are dog owners who do not leash their dogs. It is the law in Nevada that except for your own property and specific unleashed dog parks, your dog must be on a leash. Our little guys have been rushed by unleashed dogs and they're now scared of other dogs. A woman here had her dog off leash at the pee area and I asked her to leash her dog so that we could come and do our business and she told me to F off. I said "It's the law" and she said "I know my dog!!" She absolutely refused and he was walking over to my guys, so I had to leave and walk to the other pee area as she continued to yell at me that I was a Karen, etc...

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 03-26-2022, 05:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I do it all the time too! mostly because i get nervous/flustered and no problem is for some reason easier to say lol.
We tend to say it a lot in my neck of the woods as well. I know I do it.
Old 03-26-2022, 05:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree with the barking dog thing. The two neighbours behind me each have little dogs and if they are out for 5 minutes it is 5 minutes of constant yipping if they are out for an hour then it is an hour of constant yipping regardless of time of day.

As you all know I have a dog and if she starts to bark she is brought in immediately.

The poop thing, pick up and don’t leave the bag there, take it with you until you find a receptacle. We plan our walking route around where there are town provided garbage cans.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:31 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My mom used to answer them back and say "I'm not your problem, I'm a customer."

I guess this ties into "What do your parents do to embarrass you??" thread too.

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.