Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-18-2022, 04:47 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default What are your vacation plans this year?

The times are crazy, nobody knows what is going to happen next...To divert ourselves, a short or long vacation is a good idea to get away from our everyday life, errands and the news.

I just went for a few days to Munich, sightseeing, enjoying the luxury of a five-star hotel and stuffing my face with delicacies,

What are your getaway plans this year? Where are you going or - if you aren't going away - how do you enjoy your vacation at home?
Old 04-18-2022, 07:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We took our big trip for the year already for the kids Spring Break. We drove about 12 hours from our home town to a touristy spot. Branson, Missouri and spent almost a week in a condo with some hiking, shopping, a trip to an amusement park, typical tourist stuff. We picked that spot so we could also visit a few more states. So we visited a little town in Kansas, saw a historic stretch of Route 66 in Oklahoma and toured an underground cave in Arkansas. Wrapped our trip with a night in St. Louis, we saw the Gateway Arch and got lost in the City Museum. LOL!

We'll visit my in laws cabin this summer over the 4th of July holiday week, maybe a weekend camping trip.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Going to wdw in nov.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Perhaps just a few days trips within a few hours drive. We have our own little oasis here at home so we typically don't go anywhere in the summer. We do hope to go somewhere warm in the winter to shake off those winter blues.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We don't have anything big planned. My daughter plays travel softball, so we try to make as many of her tournaments into mini-family vacations. lol! Her farthest tourney is in Colorado- so we'll drive & make it a family trip on the way there & back!

My daughter does have a big 8th grade school trip coming up in June too that I just remembered (and I'm chaperoning!) We'll do Washington DC & New York. It's one of those super planned out trips with TONS packed in, so I'm looking forward to everything we'll get to see!
Old 04-18-2022, 12:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

All smaller trips that are close by - exploring out state (Wisconsin) with our RV. We have one larger trip that we take mid July as it's my mom's birthday... we are doing something up near Lake Superior.
Old 04-18-2022, 01:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

First up.... a few weekends to Pittsburg, PA for a kiddo college grad.

This summer we will be headed to the Smoky Mountains (Gatlinburg, TN)... maybe a few days in Holden Beach NC....

In November so Disney for my birthday.

And maybe a trip to New England to see fall foliage in early October.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 04-18-2022, 02:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We've only lived in this location for 2 years and there's plenty to do and explore around here. I'm anxious to go hiking more and visit some of the sights/sites that I haven't seen yet. There are some fun art festivals coming up and we have people coming here to visit.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:13 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

In May we are going to Pensacola, Fl for a few days. In June we are going to Nashville, TN for a week and in November we are going to the mountains near Gatlinburg, TN (with family)
Old 04-18-2022, 02:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We are doing a few small ones this year. Originally we weren't planning anything, but a few opportunities came up and now we have a few small ones. Next week, we are doing a huge family thing with my dad's side of the family in a big cabin in South Dakota. Then days after we get back, I will fly out to Ohio to visit a friend of mine. In June, we are doing a few days in Los Angeles. And then in August a long weekend on the north shore of Minnesota.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

no plans. someone adopt me and take me on a vacation lol
Old 04-18-2022, 03:20 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

for now we have booked two vacations ... Twice to one of the Canary Islands. In May we go to Lanzarote ... and Fuerteventura is planned in October.
Old 04-18-2022, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

More national parks! We went to several for Spring Break in New Mexico and Arizona
In July we are going to the Northwest for 2 weeks. We are going to Portland, Crater Lake National Park. Seattle Washington, Olympic National Park, Mt Rainer NP, North Cascades NP and over to Montana for Glacier NP. On the drive up there we may visit Hoover Dam, Death Valley (only for gift shop and pic of temp sign...too hot in July).
Late July we will take my youngest kiddo to grandparents for several weeks to visit. Hubby and I are going to Utah for a work conference. He works and I get to play and hang out with some girlfriends. We sometimes take a side trip for our anniversary, not sure what this year. We are celebrating 20 yrs.

We aren't hitting as many as last year this time but we are attempting quite a few!
Old 04-18-2022, 11:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We are supposed to be doing Disney this year, but are really behind in the planning of things, which makes me not entirely sure it will happen. I hope it does, but if not, there is always next year.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We just moved to a new city that is going to be fun in the summer. It is a semi-desert climate, has tons of lakes to explore and we're making our backyard/deck our fun spot this summer with a pool, hottub, firepit and comfy seating. We'll be out there a lot socializing with friends and family.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We did our big trip for the year over Spring Break. My oldest graduates HS this year, so we went to Puerto Rico for one last big trip together while everyone is still on the same schedule.

We don't have any other major trips planned, but it's looking like we'll do a lot of smaller ones. My family is all in New York and Connecticut, so we'll try to drive up and see everyone in May and maybe late summer, too. If we can manage it, we may take a few extra days and go to Boston during the August trip. I'll probably go to a conference about my son's genetic disorder (Smith-Magenis Syndrome) in Dallas. That's more business trip than vacation, so I probably won't get to see much other than the hotel and conference events.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My BF and I are firming up plans this weekend for the summer but so far, we've discussed visiting Maryland over Fourth of July weekend to pick up the rest of his stuff from when he moved last summer, spending a weekend in Chicago with my kiddos so they can ride the train & see some museums, and renting a cabin the first or second week of August to have our first family vacation with us + all 4 kids.

A big thing on my 2022 to-do list was buying a new (to me) vehicle that would make all these trips more comfortable + have enough room for the 6 of us to travel together and I did that last week so we're all set in that department.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
We took our big trip for the year already for the kids Spring Break. We drove about 12 hours from our home town to a touristy spot. Branson, Missouri and spent almost a week in a condo with some hiking, shopping, a trip to an amusement park, typical tourist stuff. We picked that spot so we could also visit a few more states. So we visited a little town in Kansas, saw a historic stretch of Route 66 in Oklahoma and toured an underground cave in Arkansas. Wrapped our trip with a night in St. Louis, we saw the Gateway Arch and got lost in the City Museum. LOL!

We'll visit my in laws cabin this summer over the 4th of July holiday week, maybe a weekend camping trip.
Sounds like a great vacation! We enjoyed our Branson vacation (about 10 years ago now). The City Museum looks so cool! I have had it saved in Pinterest for quite a few years now, and even though I haven't been, I like to recommend it to others who may be going to that area! My girls are all teens now, now sure they would even fit in some of those tunnels and caves at the City Museum. May have to wait a few years until the girls are married and I get grandkids!

We went to CA and IN for college visits in the past 2 months, and we have a family vacation back to CA and Disneyland for the end of Aug. Other than that, our traveling times may be done for the next 4 years, as I will have 3 girls in college! Either that or our trips will be based around traveling to their colleges to get them moved in (or out). Our vacation days may be on hold for a few years! It's a good thing I still have a TON of vacations I need to scrap as well as everyday moments!

Last edited by aussiegirl; 04-19-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My older two are 14 & almost 17 and they were all over in there.

We even encountered what looked like either high school juniors or seniors on a trip as we were leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Sounds like a great vacation! We enjoyed our Branson vacation (about 10 years ago now). The City Museum looks so cool! I have had it saved in Pinterest for quite a few years now, and even though I haven't been, I like to recommend it to others who may be going to that area! My girls are all teens now, now sure they would even fit in some of those tunnels and caves at the City Museum. May have to wait a few years until the girls are married and I get grandkids!

We went to CA and IN for college visits in the past 2 months, and we have a family vacation back to CA and Disneyland for the end of Aug. Other than that, our traveling times may be done for the next 4 years, as I will have 3 girls in college! Either that or our trips will be based around traveling to their colleges to get them moved in (or out). Our vacation days may be on hold for a few years! It's a good thing I still have a TON of vacations I need to scrap as well as everyday moments!
Old 04-19-2022, 04:23 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We have maybe 6-8 camping trips (camper camping, not tent!!) planned for summer, anywhere from 1-6 hours away. I'm pretty sure they're all repeat visits to places we visited last year.
Doing a girls' weekend trip about an hour and a half away in early May.
And planning on a trip to Mexico in winter, when the days are short & the weather is depressing
Old 04-20-2022, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We took a long weekend trip to KY in March for an archery tournament and have another long weekend trip planned to Southern IL for another tournament in June. That's kind of eaten into my vacation funds. I expect we'll do some kind of staycation this summer and maybe a long weekend of camping nearby.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
no plans. someone adopt me and take me on a vacation lol
meet me in Scotland!
Old 04-20-2022, 12:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to Scotland at the end of July, so excited about that.

Maybe a few day trips over the summer here and there.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Going for a midweek last week of May to the cottage vacation park where my daughter is doing her animation intern. This will be my husband, the dog and me (and we'll meet our daughter of course, but she has to work a few days we are there).

In November I'm going to Florida with my sister. Staying/visiting at WDW for the first 6 nights and on the 192 for the following 5 nights to do a little bit of shopping and visiting around in the area. Maybe do an airboat tour, go to the coast/beach, visit Celebration, but these are not solid plans yet.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're going to Hawaii in 59 days, I hope! We've had so many vacation plans changed or cancelled in the last couple years that I'm hesitant to even get excited. I'm sure you can all relate! We were supposed to go to Europe (Italy, France, England and Switzerland) but my hubby's command recently rescinded his approved leave b/c they don't want anyone going overseas right now. They said we could go anywhere in the United States - Oconus included. So Hawaii it is.

We'll be spending a little time in Wisconsin to see family before/after our Hawaii trip too and although that's across the country from us it's surely no vacation. We come back from those visits completely exhausted and vowing to never go home again. Lol...

In Oct. my girls and I are taking the MIL to Disneyland for her first time. It's my favorite place on Earth and I can't wait for her to experience it, and at Halloween-time even better!
Old 04-20-2022, 04:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
We are supposed to be doing Disney this year, but are really behind in the planning of things, which makes me not entirely sure it will happen. I hope it does, but if not, there is always next year.

Lorie, do you have park reservations? (I know you said you're behind planning so maybe you're not that far yet!) I can't tell you how many people I've seen on Disney FB groups who are already AT Disney, or going the next week, etc who didn't know they needed a reservation to get into the parks in addition to their tickets.
Old 04-24-2022, 04:40 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

LOL, you asked this while I was on vacation. We got a great deal on a lakeside place in our home state (we haven't lived in the state for over a decade). We saw family and checked out local attractions. It was a great way for the four of us to reconnect as well as see our extended family.

Besides our homestate family vacation, we're hoping to get somewhere warm this fall and to Europe next winter. The problem: DH won't book ANYTHING out of the country until the US lifts their covid test/isolation mandate. He doesn't want to get stuck in another country cuz he has work here, ykwim? But as soon as the mandate is lifted, we are GONE!