Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-06-2019, 01:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Going From 12x12 to 11x8?

I wanted to switch to 12x9 scrapping for Project Life next year but Shutterfly does 11x8 so that would be my option IF I decided to do it. Since I put all of my PL pages together with my other pages, this would mean all of my 2020 scrapping would need to be rectangular. I chose to have all white paper backgrounds for all of my 2018 pages & got annoyed/tired of it halfway through so I'm a little leery that another big change will do me in completely.

Has anyone switched from square to rectangle before? Hated it? Loved it? Tips to share? I'm all ears!
Old 12-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've never done that but what about just adding a white background to your square pages to fit the new rectangle size? Would it look stupid?
Old 12-06-2019, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That would be a big change! If you decide to do it, I'm very interested to see how it goes!!
Old 12-06-2019, 07:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used to scrap rectangle, back in the day. But once I found square and having more room, I changed almost immediately and never went back. I like my space and don't know if I could go back to rectangle. Making my son's kindergarten teacher her 5x7 bragbook album nearly killed me with the lack of space that I could use to make it happen.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've done the reverse, going from rectangular to square. There are 3 drawbacks to rectangle for me, but they're the kinds of things that may be non-issues for other people.

1. If you use templates, every single one has to be adjusted first. Most will still work in rectangle.

2. Papers with borders or other edge detailing don't work.

3. The photos have to be smaller, closer to the size they'd be on an 8x8 canvas. (And in a related topic, you need to do more resizing of elements than people who scrap 3600px x 3600px but print 8x8.)

If you start with 8x11 and get tired of it, would it bother you to mix rectangle and square pages within a square photo book? If so, I'd start by scrapping a rectangular vacation album or some other 20-page project before committing to the whole year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by rach3975; 12-06-2019 at 07:50 PM.