Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How do you "beat the heat"?

It's supposed to get to 118-121 F between now and Tuesday here in Phoenix. Obviously, when it's like that, we stay indoors in the AC or if we go out, it's to swim! There aren't very many lakes or rivers (and no ocean ) here in AZ, so it's mostly pool time. For entertainment, we'll go to the movies or to the mall or sometimes to an arcade or bowling. I'm thinking my hubby may not even walk the dogs in the morning, since it'll likely be in the 90s. It's 9 am here and it's already 90 degrees.

What do you do when it's really hot out? Do you still spend time outdoors? Do you have AC to keep you cool?
Old 06-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

OK sooo It doesn't get NEARLY as hot here where I live but I still hate the heat. We installed central air last summer and it is THE BEST INVENTION IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. We don't do a lot when it's really hot, me and the kids are sensitive to the sun and get sick really easy so we have to try and lay low. I don't know what I would do in places where it got over 100f.. die probably.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thankfully it doesn't get that hot here... but we do get the 90's and then the humidity gives even higher heat index temps. We stay home. I hate the heat... but not as bad as my hubby. 80's is way too hot for him.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

With temps in the 90's we hunker down in the house. We have a pool but honestly it is to hot and hard to breathe for me to go out. It's funny that when I was growing up we did not have AC and I remember sitting outside under a tree for shade but now there is no way I go outside if in the high 90's plus.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
It's supposed to get to 118-121 F between now and Tuesday here in Phoenix.
I would probably die....literally! It hit 20 C here today (I think that's about 70F), which is pretty much as warm as it ever gets, and we're hiding out in the house. It's supposed to be the same for the next week and I don't know how we'll handle it. It would be fine if we were on summer vacation as we could head to the beach (where it would be cooler)! But we've got two more weeks of school so it's business as usual. I'm just not equipped to be in the heat
Old 06-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
It's supposed to get to 118-121 F between now and Tuesday here in Phoenix.
Is it possible??? Like Lizzy, I would die too!

We have 30C (I see it's 86 F) and it's suppose to be 33C 91F and we nearly die lol! We wait for the storm....

I love sunny day but don't enjoy when it become too hot especially my son have bad fever right now (angina) and I'm so worry!
Usually we stay at home with air fan, shutters closes but I like put little swimming pool in the garden (we don't have enough place for a big one) for kiddies and play with water but we don't stay a long time.
We sometimes go to swiming pool but it's often crowded and I don't like it.
Sometimes we just go in big mall looking for AC...
My mother hate this temperature so she keeps complain lol!

I think the worst is the night because you can't sleep as it's too hot, for me it's really the worst then you feel bad in the day and so on...

Well, hope this summer won't be too hot!
Old 06-17-2017, 09:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have had heat warnings the last few days. Earlier today it was 82 with a feels like of 99, ugh. I hide in my house in the AC, will take the dog out a few times to play but no walks when it's like this. AC is a necessity for me not a luxury, lol
Old 06-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Although we are not nearly as hot as Phoenix, we are having heat warnings this week in Central California. Temps 105-109 all week. My poor son has double PE summer school (8 hours of PE), too! Mostly, we stay indoors in the AC, do errands and chores early and swim. We were in the pool yesterday from about 11 am until almost 9 pm. There are a few light sun burns to prove it.
Otherwise, we try to do stuff like go to the movies or indoor play areas (like McDonalds) for the kids.