Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Current Reads... Early June

Alrighty, Sweet Readers! What books have you managed to tick off your TBR lists?? Did you discover any true treasures last month? Struggle through any duds?

Here are the titles I've read since our last thread. I liked quite a few of them, really loved several. I struggled through The Alice Network - as it's about 200 pages too long - probably because I only found one of the storylines to be engaging. One book that I read early on in the month, but has really stuck with me is The Binding. I still find myself thinking about that one & really enjoyed its premise.

My family is all signed up and ready to go for our local library summer reading program... Although I don't really have any big reading goals for summer? How about you?
Old 06-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't read a lot because I struggle with time and being tired.
I started reading Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
It's pretty interesting with all the descriptions of smells. But also a bit confusing with English being my second language.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's what I have read since last check-in. I am currently 2/3 through Nora Roberts "Stars Of Fortune". It's a fun fast read, I'm enjoying it.

I found The Water Cure a very quick read but not one of my faves. Liked all the other, especially Magic Hour and The Perfect Liar.

Last edited by bcgal00; 06-06-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

All of these i listened to on audio.. I still feel like i should actually be reading with my eyes but trying to get over that LOL!

All the bright places: 5 stars
Ask Again, Yes: 5 stars
The Girl He Used To Know: 4 stars
Ginny Moon: 3 stars
The Kitchen House: 4 stars
The Nightingale: 4 stars
The Gunners: 4 stars
Not That I Could Tell: 3 stars

I'm currently listening to The Hate U Give and will be done that today (5 stars I'm sure)
Old 06-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I go back and forth between listening on Audible, reading an ebook & reading a hard copy so here's my list of books read this last month. I have a long list of summer reads I'm looking forward sitting in the sun and reading them. I saw a few of you had read Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens OMG I loved that book so much! What did you guys think of it? My mom & daughter read it & they loved it too. It was sooooo good! I highly recommend that book if you haven't read it.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've had a few people ask about the star rating I included on my book image this month & thought I'd share it here, in case others would like to use it. I really find it useful to see how others rated books when I am adding titles to my own TBR file & thought this would be simpler way to share my info rather than typing out all the text [ie: lazier }. Please feel free to use these - they fit perfectly under Goodreads book images. If you'd prefer to have each row of stars individually, let me know, I'd be happy to share them that way as well.

Old 06-08-2019, 08:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOVE this thread! I have found my way back to reading this year and have read 51 books so far!! I post all of them on Facebook and IG if you want to check them out.
Some of my faves from this year: