Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Where is your computer?

Seriously, I feel like I am playing musical chairs with my desktop. My DH would have a cow if he even knew I was thinking of moving my computer AGAIN!

I have both a desktop and a laptop that are networked together... but I LOVE my desktop. Right now it's in my "office"... which was an excellent idea until I closed my business last month (and that's a whole other story). So now I don't get as much time in there because scrapping isn't as urgent... LOL (I vote that it should be though!)

So I am thinking of making room in the living room again... or maybe in the playroom (which used to be the dining room)... or maybe even a small nook in the kitchen.

I don't know... I just really want to be able to use my desktop and I don't like that's it is being wasted right now!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

i'm camped out in the living room.. with my back facing the room (but my eyeballs facing ce's room which is off of the living room). It works perfectly for me :]
Old 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I scrap on my laptop - so it's set up at our dining room table. Which is extremely convenient since we spend all our time in the family/dining room.

We have a desktop that we never use. It just sits there. I feel bad for it - it must be lonely! lol

Old 03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

we converted our dining room off the living room into my office. I can see the "playroom" living room
Old 03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

In my office and I prefer it that way - I love to be able to close the door and tell my kids " Mum is working" even though I am scrapping. I can sit properly at my desk and I don't get distracted by TV or something else going on.

my blog
Old 03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_jb View Post
Where is your computer?
On my lap

Sorry, I know that's no help to you. Just move it when he's not around, and then it's already done, so he can't complain? hehe
Old 03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i'm no help either. i use my lappie.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In the living room, on my laptop. The charger is broke though so I can only have it in 1 place, on the back of the settee. It's comfortable though and I can see everything, including the TV.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

on my lap on the couch, or upstairs on my lap iin the bathroom while the kids take a bath, or next to me in bed late at night.

i LOVE my laptop

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On my lap, and me on the couch, and us in the living room. :-)

But if I had a desktop, it would definitely be in the living room, because I always end up doing things there, not only scrapping, but also whatever non-computer crafts I'm doing.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

LOL...funny you asked this today.
I just had my hubby move the desktop into the LR so I can supervise my DD on it and be able to watch my grandfather at the same time. I have a small table set up behind my sofa for my lappie and all the junk I like to have handy such as lotion (lotion freak), post it notes, portfolio checklist etc. It never fails that when I move and get comfy on the sofa with it I always lose something in the cushions. Last time it was a camera card..eek.
So...I say just move it when he is away...and if you don't like it...just move it again. Let us know what you do. =)
Old 03-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

for now in our bedroom. but at some point it will be in the living room.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have desk/nook in my kitchen but I moved my desktop into the living room b/c that's where the kids spend 90 percent of their time and I can keep my eyes on them at all times this way. I don't love where it's at but right now it's practical

Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I mainly work in my craft studio. I do move my laptop around to the downstairs table on occasion, like weekends or I will set it up on a table in the upstairs living room for a week at a time here and there.

I like my space because it is in it's own spot and I can close the door and leave it BUT, I am upstairs away from my DH all evening. Which I hate. His office is downstairs. My plan though was to be in my studio from like 9 to 4 each day and then be with the family in the evenings and with my laptop being in my own area....that sounds great in theory. But, it doesn't happen! Not yet anyway.

I don't like moving my laptop around because I have to move my EHD with me. I don't like moving it around a lot. My laptop doesn't seem to be as portable as it should.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We are a family of three with three computers....all of which are set up in the "computer room." I really really want a laptop so I can use it in the living room while DH is watching sports....that way I can be with him but doing something I want to do.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

We had a desk built in to our kitchen/great room. And, I keep my laptop there with an EHD and printer. I LOVE my desk! I ca sit there and scrap (or whatever) and still keep an eye on my kids who spend most of their time playing in the great room. After the kids are in bed, I almost always move to the couch and scrap while I watch my shows.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know this said while kids take a bath but I soooooooooooooooo saw it going somewhere else......................

ya know ... given the TP thread and all..........................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbeckie View Post
, or upstairs on my lap iin the bathroom while .......

The Wheelchair Mommy Tweet*Tweet

William-2004, Lucas-2008 & Nathan-Summer 2011
Old 03-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have a desktop and it is in the living room. It is shared with the whole family so that way I can see what my kids do while on the computer.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My Mac Desktop is in the studio now turned playroom... the laptop is on the sofa in the living room where we spend most of our time... the older laptop is right now in the kitchen on the table (hubby is doing taxes)... the second desktop is in the basement in my hubby's office where he edits radio programs... and the Netbook is in the recliner because it's my hubby's. I have a Buffalo server that is in the basement that has all my scrapping and photos on... and all computers are networked to the color inkjet and b/w laser that is in the studio where the Mac is.

Did I mention that we are a family of three, and the three year old doesn't use a computer... yet
Old 03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

In the living room. Someday I'll have a house big enough to put it in the bedroom or *gasp* in an actual office!!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

In my living room.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

On my lap, on the couch.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love to say that it's tucked away in a little office where I can shut to door on life & do my own thing for a little while everyday... but it's not.

It's in it's own little nook of the living room, but I suppose that's best, because it allows me to 'work' & keep track of the children (not that it does any good, they still find LOTS of mischief to get into).
Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For now in my bedroom. But in our new house we'll have an office!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

We have 3 laptops. They are all used in the living room, which is a family policy. No computers in the bedroom. Mine is on my desk in a corner, whe have an L shaped living room. It has a second monitor & EHD attached and is a heavy 17" laptop. I don't move it unless I am leaving town. The kids is on the coffee table & could be moved but the wireless router doesn't reach their room so no internet in their room even if the laptop moves. DH uses his sitting in his recliner. He takes it to work during the day, they subsidised the cost of it.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

My desktop is in the office which is off the kitchen. But since getting my laptop last July I rarley use it....it's only for backup now and for the girls to use occasionally for school. I use my laptop in the living room sitting in my recliner....it stays right on the end table along with my EHD.

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I have barely used my desktop since we closed either Jac. I only use it when I need to print something, because I can't get my printer to "see" my laptop, or the other way around for some reason. It is a faster, better computer than my laptop, and I would love to use it for scrapping, but it's in my room, and apparently I can't scrap unless I have the tv on too LOL.

So I do my scrapping, on my lap with my laptop, in the living room. I would dearly love to move my desktop out here, but there is no space whatsoever.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My dsektop is in my bedroom, as is DH's, we don't have space anywhere else for them to fit. I scrap with my laptop wherever, living room floor, kitchen table, etc, lol, but I prefer scrapping on the desktop as the laptop is puny.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a desk in the living room, and that's my laptop's "home." i love it here because I can be with the family/watching the kids and still maybe get a bit of computer time in during the day. At night I use it 75% at the desk and 25% on the couch.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our house is pretty small but we have a really really open floor plan so my big computer desk is in the dining area which opens into our living room on the left and the kitchen on the right. So from my desk I can see the big tv in the living room and keep an eye on my kids if they're playing in there or watching tv or whatever.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

either in the corner of the living room, where the charger is - or on my lap (on a tray) in hubby's recliner (when he isn't home). Occasionally it comes upstairs with me to my room.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on a laptop that has taken up residence on a tv tray in front of the couch in our living room, since I spend a LOT of time on it nursing the baby! It doesn't look very pretty, but it's functional for now.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My desktop was in my bedroom until about two weeks ago when DH and I finally broke down and rearranged the spare bedroom. Now, I have my own space and don't have to worry about disturbing him while I'm scrapping late at night (which I always seem to do!), and he's trying to sleep.

I really love having it in here and don't know why we didn't move it sooner. Both DH and DD have their own laptops, but neither of them have Photoshop, so I'm pretty much confined to one room when scrapping.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Dh has me so spoiled! I have my laptop that sit on my lap or in my office. Dh's desktop(which I can use whenever I want) sit in the living room between the kids rooms. He also has his large laptop in our bed room incase I wanna scrap in bed. Then he has a netbook if we are out he lets me scrap on it. So I scrap everywhere. I vote put it where you will use it!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Right now we are in an apartment, so it's in the only room that isn't bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen. However, when we get into the house next month we'll have a formal living room and a family room, so it'll be in the family room with the tv and the kiddo's toys.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I scrap on my laptop, usually on the sofa in the living room. We have a desktop as well, which is mainly used by SO when he is home. Usually it's in the office, but it's been so cold down there this winter, so it's in a corner of the living room for now. I quite like it that way, it means that the kids can use it and I can have my laptop to myself
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Our master bedroom is massive, so one end of it became my craft area instead of taking over a bedroom. I have 2 desks in the corner, and the laptop sits on one. I rarely move it because it's big and clunky, and I have to move the EHD too. I would REALLY like to get a network set so that I can move the laptop more freely. When my BIL moves out, I might move it into the living room to spend more time with DH, right now I'm pretty much by myself down there. But I've got a tv to watch, tons of space to spread out when I'm working on hybrid projects, and an awesome lappy, so I can't complain too much, lol.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:58 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Denise Umlauf

My small apartment has 2 bedrooms and since we don't have kids, we use the second bedroom as our office. We have a huge desk: DH stays on the right side with his laptop and I stay in the left side with my desktop. The all-in-one printer stays in the middle. When I need to make something crafty (like a card - which is rare), I bring my stuff to the dinning room table. Works for us in this temp home.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My iMac is in my office/scraft room and my laptop is where ever I am! LOL

Seriously, my main computer during the day is my iMac which is in my office, but we are remodeling/reorganizing the office, so I've been on my lappy. We should have the office all painted and clean this weekend! Then I can start moving my goodies back into the room! Yea!!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our living room and dining room are really one big room in the middle of the (small) house. I kicked the table out and took over the dining room. So really it is one large living room now. My Mac faces the wall but I can see everything since I have 7 eyes in the back of my head. The wall next to me is one big window so I can also see outside. And to get anywhere else in the house you have to walk by me so I know, hear and see everything. The boys just think they can close the playroom door and I won't know what they are doing. Momma is way smarter than they are.

The laptop goes anywhere there is a plug.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

Mine has been all over the place! We have a 3 bedroom house and when we first moved in, we only had 1 son. So I had the 3rd bedroom all to myself! Then we had boy #2, and "my room" became 1/2 a toy room - only to become a FULL toy room LOL.

I moved to the dining room (off the living room) and that was the "office space" and now we have my corner desk set up in the living room and that is where I use my laptop most of the time. We have a smaller desk next to it with the Desktop - and that is mainly used by my boys and is their "homework" desk.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I work in the living room on a desktop I bought a little desk from Ikea that has wheels so if I want some quiet design/scrapping time I just disconnect the power and wheel the whole thing out to my bedroom! One day (in my dream house lol) I will have a separate office off the family room...OMG I can't wait for that day lol!

Fee

Wear this -