Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-28-2020, 03:02 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you want to be a Sweet Shoppe Sugarbabe...

... or do you admire someone you think would make an amazing Babe?

NOW is your chance to join the sweetest team in town by applying, or nominating, someone you think would make an awesome Babe, even if that person is yourself!

For the next 48 hours, we're going to have an easy going conversation as part of our 14th Birthday Celebration where you can help us choose the next member(s) of our talented creative team!

To nominate yourself, simply reply to this thread with the following information...
  • Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe?
  • Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team?
  • Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities?
  • How many layouts do you scrap in a week?
  • Share ONE newsletter worthy layout you feel represents your scrapbooking style.

To nominate someone else...
  • Tell us ONE PERSON you think would make a fabulous SugarBabe!
  • Tell us why you love their work and how they inspire you.
  • Share your favorite newsletter worthy layout you feel really represents what you love about your nominee's style.

This is a VERY short and easy going call, so here are some important details you'll want to note...

You are welcome to nominate a scrapper even if you don't want to be a Babe yourself. However, you MUST apply yourself if you want to be seriously considered. We will not invite a community nominee unless that person has also nominated themself.

The deadline to apply is Sunday evening, March 1st at 11:59pm Eastern time.

We can wait to see who you guys love, so get those replies posted before it's too late! Good luck and thanks for making our 14th Birthday Celebration a blast!

Robin & The Team
Old 02-28-2020, 06:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

pinch me now . . . . .

is this real???

Old 02-28-2020, 06:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

EEEEEKS I am so excited to see who joins us! Get those nominations in ladies!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness!! Oh my goodness!!!!

Old 02-28-2020, 06:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

SO excited to see who joins our team! Get those nominations in, everyone!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

❤️❤️❤️ So exciting!!!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Allyanne! I love how she scraps everyday life and has so much journaling on her pages. Not to mention the variety of products she is able to rock page after page.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tell us ONE PERSON you think would make a fabulous SugarBabe!
WENDY!!! Neverland Scraps!

Tell us why you love their work and how they inspire you.
Wendy is awesome. She's not only a superstar scrapbooker- but an genuine kind person. She leaves the best comments on SO many gallery layouts! She is crazy talented & creative! She & I share a similar style- LOTS of layers & papers/patterns and inspires my creativity with every layout she posts!

Share your favorite newsletter worthy layout you feel really represents what you love about your nominee's style.
Psh... just one!?!?! One of my all time faves- I just love how she arranged the papers!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LADIIIIIEEEES!!! Here is your chance! Please don't let this slip by!

Old 02-28-2020, 06:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

• Tell us ONE PERSON you think would make a fabulous SugarBabe!
Wendy {Neverland Scraps} would be a perfect SugarBabe!

• Tell us why you love their work and how they inspire you.
Wendy is super talented. She is a master of so many different styles. Not only is she a talented scrapper, but she loves SSD. She is very active in the forum. And, on top of that, she is a very encouraging person. She's always willing to help when someone has a question, or is stuck.

Share your favorite newsletter worthy layout you feel really represents what you love about your nominee's style.
This is just one of MANY that I could add. Wendy's gallery is full of awesomeness!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So super exciting!!! I'm so excited to see who will be joining us! Yay!

Old 02-28-2020, 06:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe?
Oh my... Talk about DREAM JOB!!! Yes ma'am!

Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team?
I LOVE the community here- between the forums & the super hopping gallery- it's all just SO inspiring! And obviously- the designers here are just rock stars! I think I would be an asset to the team, as I'm a Thursday scrapper- so all those ... ahem... 'late' ... products are my jam!

Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities?
Yes- although I'm not super active & may be slowly backing out... Ack! I'd totally cut the strings to be a Babe!

How many layouts do you scrap in a week?
Last year I averaged about 5-10 a week- sometimes more, but not usually less! So far this year I have made 99 layouts!!!

Share ONE newsletter worthy layout you feel represents your scrapbooking style.
I'm a 'kitchen-sink' scrapper- the more "STUFF" on the layout the better! I LOVE wordy bits/arts & lots of photos! My most recent favorite layout:

Old 02-28-2020, 06:34 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

WOW this is amazing!! I'm going to give it a shot! ♥

HECK YEAH!!

Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team?
I have always been a huge fan of the designers and I love all of the amazing creativity I see in the gallery! It has been intimidating at times!
I'm upbeat, funny (or at least I think so LOL), addicted to scrapping and pics of my Grandies, and I usually scrap with 'the flow' of how I feel my page should go. I am eclectic, also- I don't really have 'a style'.

Yes (PDW, not a busy team)

Depends on kits I need to work with and challenges I come across. I have scrapped at least 4-6 pages a week most of the time...I never really kept count! But I am always at it every evening ♥

This is one of my favorites, and seeing it again made me want to go back and use the kit again!

Thanks for the chance, I may fall over dead if I am chosen LOL
PS: Happy Friday!

Proud CT Member for PDW, Marie H Designs, FranB Designs, JB Studio

Last edited by crazsquaw; 02-28-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMGawd....that is just so freaky. I was thinking about a BABE spot coming up and voila....this post is here LOL.

Last edited by bcgal00; 02-28-2020 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? **shouting from the rooftop** YES!!!!!

First and foremost, I love the people of SSD. I love the designers, the staff and its community. Everyone here is so nice and so welcoming! It's a great place to call home and an amazing place to create new friendships! I believe with that I would be able to continue to create genuine relationships with the community as well as continue to share my designers and Sweet Shoppe Designs through my presence on Social Media (FB groups, my own FB page, IG and Pinterest) as I continue to be one the biggest cheerleaders for SSD and it's designers.

I do not have any other STORE CT that would keep me from this position.

I try to scrap at least 7 layouts each, if not more depending on the weekly releases of my current SSD designers.

This was the hardest because I love so many of my layouts!! So we will go with this one

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...be-you&cat=500
----------------------------------------------------

Craftytam / Tammy is my nomination!

Tammy is the master of all styles, especially her heritage and vintage layouts. She can take old photos and turn them in to these beautiful layouts that I can only wish I could scrap!! She's very inspiring because she's always thinking about others and encouraging them along the way. She'll ask how people are doing with their challenges and try encouraging them to finish. If they don't finish it, she'll spin it to focus on the good of them completing as many layouts as they did that month. She's such a positive person to have in your corner!

Is this not gorgeous?! I LOVE the layers and the overall feeling she portrayed on this beautiful layout!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 02-28-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Why not? I know SSD calls are few and far between
  • Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? Of course! Who wouldn't want to be a Sugarbabe?!?
  • Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team? I have always gravitated towards the design kits at SSD. I love to do full pages with clusters and that style is very prominent here at SSD. Alot of familiar faces are here at SSD and I've followed many of my favorite designers here.
  • Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities? No
  • How many layouts do you scrap in a week? Between 2-10 layouts, depending how many kits my designers are releasing that week.
  • Share ONE newsletter worthy layout you feel represents your scrapbooking style.
One of my most favorite pages that I made without using a template. I love to layer and cluster most of my pages.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

OH MY!!!

I need to sit down, take a big breath and maybe meditate before I type...
I'll be back soon....

Old 02-28-2020, 07:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMGAWD!!!!!!!! I cannot believe this is finally happening!!!! I've been waiting a million years (ok...maybe slight exaggeration lol).

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? Yes, yep, ya....you bet! More than anything. I tried the last time and have been waiting ever since, going thru periods of positivity, waiting, and then....feeling like it was never going to happen.

What brought me to SSD and has kept me coming back over the years is the amazing sense of open arms I have found here, everyone is so supportive and friendly. I feel like I belong. I have found my groove, my style, here. I have developed a (crazy) addiction to clustering and 100% attribute my knowledge and growth to all the SSD members, through their advice, from browsing their galleries and their shared knowledge. Of course, this wouldn't be possible if not for the designers here who are second to none. I get giddy every week when new kits are released. I can't wait to scrap with them.

What can I bring to the team? My heart, my soul and my undying devotion. I am a photographer and have been a digi scrapper in PS for many years. I love to share tips and ideas. I'm chatty, hosting the QOTD and Friday Fun Facts for about a year now. This has really helped me to get to know everyone. I'm able to help out with FB and IG stuff if needed. I've created many blog articles with other sites over the years. I am a conscientious hard worker and always meet deadlines and responsibilities. I've hosted many challenges, games and slow/speed scraps. The most important thing I can bring to the table is my LOVE of SSD. I will put my whole heart into being a BABE!

I do but am willing to give up whatever I need to to be a BABE! Just name it, I will do it!

I work at home (transcription biz) so am on the computer all day, working and playing, so can create on very short notice, often creating 2-3 pages a day.

This is really difficult because I create pages for ME, for my family and I love them all. I can't say they are all "newletter worthy" but they are soooo loved by me, so let me just share the most recent one I created this morning for Kristin.

And if I were to recommend someone (other than myself and those other wonderful gals already mentioned)....I'd say JillW. I met her here, we've been online friends ever since and she is just as passionate about SSD as I am!

Last edited by bcgal00; 02-28-2020 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? OMG YES YES YES (in the famous words of Meg Ryan)

Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team? I love SSD because SSD has designers who most fit my scrapping style. I have years of experience as a team player with current SSD CT teams and also outside Shop CT experience. I already create for several of SSD designers and know I'm a great fit for the SSD style. I can challenge myself to any scrapping trend or style and often create with no template. However I am also very template savvy. I am a very fast scrapper and often create layouts for last minute release designers. I use a program not used by all PSP and can be very helpful with tricks and tips for others community members who use it. I have friends who are already babes and SSD feels like home to me. The timing is perfect and feels so surreal as my husband is finally medically released and I can scrap full time again!

Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities? Yes GS but nothing that would keep me from joining SSD if asked.

How many layouts do you scrap in a week? on average 8-10 sometimes more

apottinger aka Anita

Tell us why you love their work and how they inspire you. I have watched Anita's growth over the years and it has been amazing! She pushes herself to grow as a scrapping artist and I am inspired by her.

Last edited by ellasspace; 02-28-2020 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, yes! I really do! Being a Babe is my dream!!

I love SSD! I tell everyone that it Is the best place for digital and hybrid scrappers. I love the community. Everyone is helpful and caring. I love being involved. I love being inspired by the scrappers here, and lifting up others. Being away from this community while we were getting my mom moved, and hubby & I moved was SO hard. I was so happy when I was able to spend time at my computer and be "home" at SSD. If selected as a Babe, I would bring my enthusiasm and genuine love for the SSD community and team. I've met a lot of other scrappers in real life, and that is such a joy. I have monthly scrap/craft days at my home, and invite any scrappers in my area, so I'm already an ambassador for SSD. I am self-motivated, I like to be kept busy. My kids are all adults now, so I have the time and willingness to support the SSD community at a high level.

No, I don't have any store creative team responsibilities. SSD is my home.

I scrap anywhere between 5 and 10 in a week. More during iNSD and DSD.

I love my vintage photos, and love finding ways to make kits work with them!
Old 02-28-2020, 07:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do you want to be a SugarBabe?
Yes, yes, a million times yes!! Absolutely, positivity! You bet!! Yes, please!!! (My heart is pounding out of my chest as I type this!)

I love the sense of community at SSD. Everyone is so kind and caring. Being part of SSD makes my heart smile! SSD offers such a wide range of fun challenges and of course, the designers are out of this world! I love the diverse selection of kits available in the Shoppe! Truly, whats NOT to love at SSD!! I have been scrapping since 2006 and have watched the industry grow through the years and have been able to evolve my own scrapping style with those changes. I feel comfortable scrapping with different styles of kits, from artsy to cluster-filled, beautifully shadowed layouts. I love working with templates and find that they help jumpstart my mojo when its lacking. I have been on various creative teams through the years and am familiar with what it takes behind the scenes to make a site successful Im always more than willing to jump in and help wherever and whenever I can. Ive written blog posts and hosted challenges and contests in the past. Being that I am mostly a homebody (because its what I enjoy!) Im able to meet short deadlines and take my responsibilities very seriously.

Do you have any other store creative team responsibilities?
I do currently, but would change that status if I were to become a Babe. I would want to give 100% (plus!) to SSD!

I scrap anywhere between 3 and 6 pages a week, sometimes more. I get really excited when I have new photos of our grandbabies to scrap with! When that happens I am a scrapping-machine!

Share one newsletter worthy layout you feel represents your scrapbooking style
I have scrapped many pages that I'm proud of, but this is my most recent fave:
Old 02-28-2020, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? Abso-freakin-lutely!! I have been dreaming about someday becoming one of the Babes for years!

Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team? I love SSD for many reasons... tech reasons like how well organized the site is, how top of the line the products are that the designers put out for us week after week. I love the atmosphere... it doesn't matter if you are new or if you've been here for years, everyone is so awesome and the community feels like a second family. and of course, I love the Inspiration! whether it's challenges, browsing the gallery, or 'window shopping' in the shoppe this place is PACKED with inspiration that keeps a person wanting to scrap their memories.

What can I bring to the team? I have always been a behind the scenes kind of person. I have experience as an assistant manager of a traditional scrapping community from many years ago and have an idea of the happenings behind the scenes to keep a community like this running smoothly, and I really enjoyed doing my part to help make that happen, whatever it was that I needed to do. In 'Real Life', I spend my time helping others succeed, and there's no better feeling than seeing someone reach their goals (big or small), and I think that could be a big asset to a community like this. I am a stay at home Mom, and my family is out most of the day, so I've got nothing but time to put towards tasks anyone in the community or behind the scenes may need/want help with. As far as my scrappy abilities... I am an all over the place kind of scrapper... pockets, templates, no templates, photoless, clean, messy, cluster crazy, simple... my weakest points are things that are super 'girly', however, a lot of my favorite layouts I have done have come from being pushed outside of my comfort zone, so I would very much be up for that challenge on a more regular basis.

Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities? In the past, yes, but at this point in time I do not have any CT responsibilities outside of SSD.

How many layouts do you scrap in a week? On a slow week I would say 3... on a good week 5-7.

Oh man, I wish I could choose more than one, my style is so all over the place! I chose this layout because It is actually a layout I created showcased within another layout I created..... hopefully, that isn't considered cheating lol

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...layout&cat=500
Old 02-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been rooting for Wendy (Neverlandscraps) for a while now. I even mentioned it as a hint in the past few days that I would love for her to become a Babe. And she's been wanting to become one for a long time now.

Wendy is so active both in the forum and the gallery and let's not forget Instagram and Facebook. Remember she was trying to get her post count up so she could reach the first page?? Well she's there!

She does an amazing job at advertising her designers and I love reading the personal stories behind her layouts.

Her shadowing is beautiful! I don't think she uses templates much and that blows my mind. I love how her layouts flow. It seems like it's painless for her to just come up with an idea and make it happen and looking amazing. So creative! She sometimes makes her layouts into templates and shares them on her Facebook page. That is so sweet of her!

She always has perfect photos for the kits she uses. Her titles are always ones that draw you to click on her pages in the gallery.
And she's a very kind person and I love getting to know her with our private chats. She also leaves sweet comments on almost all of my layouts!
I also love that she changes her signatures often and you can often find a little message to the SSD team that she would love to become one of them. It makes me laugh every time I see her little hints.

I want to scrap like her when I grow up! Team Wendy!

I would love to know how many spots you have available?? Not that I am interested to become a Babe. But just curious. And is anybody leaving this heavenly position?

Last edited by Leablahblah; 02-28-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:21 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

ABSOLUTELY without a shadow of a doubt YES.

My time with digital scrapbooking began three years, though my journey here at SSD is much more recent. I came here looking for a community and that is exactly what I have found. While my husband is tolerant of and appreciates my hobby, I wanted to surround myself with people who truly understand and love it as I do. It hasn't taken me long to realize that this is at the core of SSD. I bring dependability, a true passion for our hobby, and a unique sense of style to my layouts. I am drawn to geometric designs and frequently create templates that clearly convey my story and highlight the papers and elements I use in a clean fashion. Additionally, I have a large following on Pinterest (over 10,000) plus I am active on various other social media sites where I would enjoy promoting SSD products, events, and designers.

Currently, I do not have any other store team responsibilities. In the past, I have served on a site creative team and served as a guest on another store creative team.

As many as I can! Usually this is approximately 7 or one per day.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WOW! I Had to look twice when I saw the newsletter! So exciting!!

Yes, please!!!

I love everything about SSD! The designers are what brought me here, because the designs are just amazing and the kits are full of elements and I'm a clustery scrapper. The community and ongoing events and challenges and discussions are what makes it fun to call SSD home.
I could bring passion and dedication to the table. I love to scrap, love to participate in every challenge and event as well as be active in the forum, building and being a part of a community and encouraging others. I'm excited about every new release and reliable. I was on a store CT for a store that closed and loved every moment of it

No store CT responsibilities. I am a one-shoppe girl!

I'd say 3-8, usually.

I hope it's ok to change my layout, I think this is most "me".

Last edited by icindi; 02-29-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:45 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Looking forward to see the new additions soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2020, 08:53 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely! What an experience that would be!

I love everything about SSD, the community, the wealth of talent, the neverending supply of new products, the challenges... yep I love everything!
I think I can bring variety to the team. I love all the designers here and can work with any kits, themes, colours and styles. I also have tonnes of photos that I still need to scrap so I will never run out of options!

No

It varies but I'm really on a roll at the moment and have done heaps this month. Realistically I could do 5-7 every week.

This is one of my favourite recent layouts. My style is fairly simple but I love pretty.

Last edited by KimGeling; 02-28-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh man, it's gonna be tough for Robin to choose between all these great submissions!
Old 02-28-2020, 09:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm a little intimidated by the talented applicants here, but I know this opportunity doesn't come around often, so I'll give it a go!

Absolutely! Who wouldn't!

SSD has the absolute best designers and the best quality products around. Since I discovered SSD, I have not shopped anywhere else. I feel that the amazing products and challenges have pushed my creativity to new heights. I also love the welcoming community of scrappers that are always encouraging with their comments. I think that I have a unique scrapping style that there isn't a lot of here at SSD. I put 100% into every page I make and I love to have every page unique and different. I am also active on social media and often post layouts to Instagram, Facebook, etc.

No. I have done several guest spots for SSD designers but no full-time commitments.

2-4

My scrapping style is all over the place. I play in all styles, but my favorite type of page to make is art journaling style pages with lots of paint, stamps, and splatters like this one:
Old 02-28-2020, 09:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wendy - Neverland Scraps

Wendy has been a huge inspiration to me -from her amazing layouts, to her genuine comments on so many posts, her activity in the forum, IG and FB.
For me personally, Wendy not only answered a question I had in the forum but then followed up with a PM and later proceeded to help walk me through a technique. I fully admit I feel intimidated by the amazing artists here. Wendy was so welcoming and encouraging and supportive. She is incredibly generous in sharing templates that she's created. I have a high respect for her and would to see her become a SugarBabe! And seriously how creative is she (& Tammy!) for dropping hints in her signature line about a desire to be a SugarBabe. Which is why I'm also so excited for this opportunity to nominate her.

I agree with everyone else here who has pleaded "only one?!!"
Wendy's layouts always look so real -the shadowing and layering is stunning. I always feel like I can reach out and touch them. She creates such original designs and layouts. Even those layouts without a picture pull me in! Her choice of colors and the balance of the layouts are spectacular.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? Umm... yes! Who wouldn't want to be?!

Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team? I have tried a couple other sites over the years but this has always been my digi home. I love the challenges, the designers, and the community.

nope

anywhere from one to 5 or 6, depends if I have enough to keep me busy

One of my recent faves

Old 02-28-2020, 09:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? Of course! Who wouldn't? It would be so fun!
Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team? I just love all of the designers and the fun, busy forum. I think the new Passport is great and it keeps me going on my scrapping goals. I am an eclectic scrapper and jump around from style to style based on challenges and whims - so I am versatile. I also love to leave love for people in the gallery - I don't get to it as much as I like, but would if it were my job. I always look for layouts without comments and try and boost those scrappers, because who doesn't love to have a nice comment about their work? I use Artisan and have learned quite a bit about how to do different styles and techniques. I can also convert .pngs into .page layouts.
Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities? Yes, I write blog posts for an independent designer. All of my other responsibilities are with SSD artists. I'm definitely not over extended.
How many layouts do you scrap in a week? I try to do at least 1 layout per day to keep up with goals - so usually 5-7, but it really depends on how many I have to get done. I'm pretty quick and can churn out some pages if needed.
Share ONE newsletter worthy layout you feel represents your scrapbooking style. My favorite style is clean and simple grid style, even though I do lots of different styles. Here is one I love:

I also echo all the nominations for Wendy of Neverland Scraps!
Old 02-28-2020, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, very much so. I think it's one of the sweetest gigs in the industry.

I love the broad range of designers in the store and the supportive community in the forums and gallery. I would bring a sense of loyalty and an eclectic energy to the team.

I do not have any store creative team responsibilities at this time.

I scrap 3-5 layouts in an average week.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

awesome opportunity!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So exciting! I wish there were 10 spots! Wishing you all luck!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:23 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Oh My Goodness - YESSS!

I have LOVED SSD since I began scrapping in 2006. The designers are amazing and the products always scream HAPPY! So many beautiful colors, textures and gourgeousness. The Sugarbabes are all so talented and I have always hoped to be one when I grow up. I play well with others and love meeting new people. Because I don't work, I am able to fulfill my obligations no matter what the deadline. I'm a positive person who LOVES to share kindness and a smile. I also tend to be a little quirky (in a good way) - LOL! I have created for several stores in the past so am familiar with procedures.

I do. However, at this time, I have fulfilled my obligations and am a "free agent".

I have created up to 12 in one week. On average, however, I create approximately 5 a week. It just depends on how busy my designers are. I have LOTS of time to get things done.

Last edited by tiaa; 03-03-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is so exciting ladies!!! Cant wait to see who joins our Sweet team!!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to purple_colourz

This is soooo exciting!!!!

Old 02-28-2020, 10:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
So exciting! I wish there were 10 spots! Wishing you all luck!
Seriously! This thread just confirms that we have so much talent in our community!!

Old 02-28-2020, 10:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I can’t wait to see who joins us!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? YES, YES, YES, YES, YES PLEASE!!!! Who wouldn't want to be a BABE?!?

Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team? As everyone else has said, I love the WONDERFUL designers and their kits/templates! The people I CT with and for and the community!
What I think I can bring to the SSD team? I have been on many site CT's before, which sadly most have closed their shop. I have a good team work ethic, I am self motivated and am responsible, make deadlines without being reminded, work quickly and with last minute products. I love being on a store CT and all the hard work that comes with it! I take the position very seriously and realize what that means to a store owner as well as the designers. When I was at Scrap Orchard and currently at TDP I've hosted challenges and wrote different blog posts. I try to do as many layouts as possible not the minimum, I'm reliable and you can feel free to check in with my designers. I scrap pocket pages, traditional layouts and swing towards a heavy clustered page and bit shabby chic when possible. I can do a variety of styles and am always challenging myself to learn new techniques. I joined Scrapaneers to learn how to improve myself. I am also active on all forms of social media. I think this would make me a nice asset to the team.

Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities? YES:
but, my contract has been fulfilled and I could change that easily to become a BABE if asked

How many layouts do you scrap in a week? About 8 minimum-usually a lot more

TO NOMINATE SOMEONE

Tell us ONE PERSON you think would make a fabulous SugarBabe!: ellasspace AKA Ella

For as long as I've known Ella in the digiworld, she has wanted to be a SugarBabe. She inspires me by creating her own layouts without a template and she is the queen of AWESOME pocket pages!

Last edited by apottinger; 02-29-2020 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:47 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

My heart is doing a happy dance!!! This is my dream CT gig....!!! I remember when Kendall made the team and was so HAPPY and excited for her...and TOTALLY jealous too...haha!

A MILLION times yes!! I've only wanted to since I joined the site in May of 2009. This is the only ONLY store CT I really have been aching to be a part of! (I promise I am trying to be calm as I do this application!! **soooo stinkin' excited!!** )

SSD is my home store and has been my fave place to shop for years! I love that there are long-standing designers here and that the store is going strong! I am saddened by how many other stores have had to close. The challenges are amazing and the gallery is gorgeous! People are so friendly and helpful and I love being a part of all of that! I bring over a decade of digi-scrapping experience. I have been on many individual designers' creative teams over the years and have designed myself. I also have been in admin roles at other sites to include the store CT Lead and ran a team that provided love in the gallery. I would love to be part of a store team again to support the site and all its amazing designers!! I enjoy meeting new online friends that share the same passion as I do and I've made wonderful friends all over the world just by being a part of a great site such as SSD that brings us together!

Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities? No, I don't. This is honestly the only store commitment I would consider. I have been on Cindy Schneider's CT for about 10 years now and am also a long-standing CT member of Tracey's (Clever Monkey Graphics). They are my only CT responsibilities now.

How many layouts do you scrap in a week? Well, that depends on the week and what is needed...lol! I've been known to crank out like 50 in a month!! LOL!! Now, while that is NOT my "norm" I am a stay at home mom and do work with last-minute deadlines well. I have had up to 7 CTs going at once and was able to easily keep up with weekly responsibilities. I've been known to make more than one layout per kit to ensure it is represented well. Lately, I've been averaging about 3-5 a week.

Last edited by kelseyll; 02-28-2020 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do YOU want to be a SugarBabe? Yes, please, I would LOVE to!
Why do you love SSD and what do you think you will bring to the Sweet Shoppe team? The Designers here are so talented, and the quality of their designs are extremely high making our pages look amazing! The staff and CT are so encouraging and friendly, I have loved getting to know some of them better!

I currently work behind the scenes helping at another site (not CT work), hosting challenges, coordinating games, and encouraging other scrappers. In the past I had a position leaving meaningful gallery comments for other scrappers. I have tried to continue this here at SSD. This not only encourages others with their scrapping, but I love to be inspired by the many layouts I see.

I have been a guest CT member for many different designers in the past, giving me experience to work with a wide range of styles.
Do you have any other STORE creative team responsibilities? No
How many layouts do you scrap in a week? I usually scrap 3-5 layouts a day, for a total of around 15-30 a week.
Share ONE newsletter worthy layout you feel represents your scrapbooking style
I chose this one as a favorite. I scrap both pocket and traditional pages, but the one thing in common, is that I love to fill my pages.

Thank you for this opportunity, and good luck chosing from the amazing scrappers who are applying!
Old 02-28-2020, 11:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tell us ONE PERSON you think would make a fabulous SugarBabeI would love to nominate AmieN1
Tell us why you love their work and how they inspire you. Amie uses some amazing techniques on her pages! I love how she fills them with photos and elements! I love the outdoorsy/nature feel to many of her pages! She is such an encouraging and friendly person and would be an amazing addition to the team!
Share your favorite newsletter worthy layout you feel really represents what you love about your nominee's style. This layout is amazing! I love how she blended the photo into the woodgrain background! The earthy colors, elements and overall composition are perfect!
Old 02-28-2020, 11:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

First of all, thank you for the chance

Oh my goodness, YES!!!!

This is a dream team, everyone is accomodating and friendly and this is a judgement free zone that I really enjoy coming back to. The people that I admire and look up to are here, and those are what makes me come back here. Those are what makes me feel at home here. I have so many ideas that I wanted to share given the chance to (and if I wil lbe asked for it), inputs to give, and friendship and my presence. I try to grow and make my layouts versatile with all the changing styles of scrapbooking over the years.

yes, I am good in balancing my life and priorities, but I am willing to make an exit to be able to be in my dream team. I believe that you should do all your best in everything you do and not just for self fulfillment and because you are expected to, but when you are in the place that your heart wanted to so much, you can give a whole lot more. The store that I am with right now have so many amazing and talented cts that I believe can take care of everything.

5 or more depending on how many releases are there and pages needed.

Wow, what to choose, what to choose?!

Last edited by cherrygutz; 02-29-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Kiana!!

She's so nice like everyone else, I love how she scrap her beautiful family, I can see how her kids grow through her pages everytime! Her scrapbooking style is just amazing, she's so flexible with her deign and just when I can only see one color pattern on a kit, she will make a page with a different color scheme, making the kit as versaile as she is!

Wow, this is going to be hard as she has so many gorgeous pages, ut I'm choosing this one:
Old 02-29-2020, 12:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

Uhhh, is this a trick question??

I love the products of course, have done for many years now, but what really tops it off is the wonderful community feel. There is no shortage of friendly faces and inspiring creations! I have been lucky enough to CT for many sweet designers past & present and loved every minute of it. think my versatility would make me a great addition to the team. My pages vary from heavily clustered, to artsy, white space, you name it.

Nope. I currently have two guest spots and one full time gig, all with Sweet Shoppe designers.

3-4 with plenty of time for more

Old 02-29-2020, 12:43 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread has exploded with some serious talent!!!! I can't wait to see who will be joining the team. This is gonna be a super tough one.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a great opportunity ladies! I can't wait to see who will join us.

Old 02-29-2020, 04:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, yes, this is my dream job ever!
I love this place, because SSD community is very inspiring. I like the challenges and events here, and always playing. The SSD designers are super talent, her products very eye catching. I like the rich clustering on my layout, and SSD products its fit well for my work.
Yes, but this is doesn't stop me from being here as a Sugarbabe.
I create 8-10 layouts per week or more. I work at home, and have enough time.

I always use my own photos, and create layouts to presenting our live.