Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Digital Scrapbook Day 2021

Old 09-27-2021, 06:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser by The Nifty Pixel

Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month? Perfect timing with DSD celebrations so I had a lightbulb moment... let’s hold a fundraiser during this awesome DSD weekend and hey maybe give each other a gentle nudge to check our tata’s every month!

Have I piqued your curiosity about how both the fundraiser and challenge will work?

All you have to do is purchase the GENTLY GOES | BUNDLE by The Nifty Pixel during the 2021 DSD event. 100% of the proceeds made from those sales will not only be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF), but I will personally donate an extra $1 for every bundle sold during the DSD fundraiser weekend! But wait there’s more, if you miss the DSD event don't worry there is still time to make a purchase because I will continue to collect any proceeds from the sale of this bundle during the entire month of October 2021 and add those to the final donation amount! When the proceeds have been tallied up I will come back here and share with you the final amount we’ve raised as a community along with the NBCF donation receipt!

So now that you have bought the fundraiser bundle GENTLY GOES, its time to create a think pink page and share your artwork here in this thread to be eligible for the thank you template gift below! I'll also choose one person at random to win a $15 Nifty Pixel coupon, so stay tuned for that announcement. Ooh and I’ll be showcasing your wonderful pages as samples in the store!
You have until Monday October 4th at 11:59pm EST to post your final images here.

Fundraiser Challenge Recap-
1- PURCHASE THE GENTLY GOES FUNDRAISER BUNDLE
2- CREATE A PAGE USING THE BUNDLE
3- SHARE YOUR ARTWORK HERE

To kick start the challenge here is my page combining the challenge template gift and the bundle.

Thank you so very much everyone for helping this cause close to my heart.
I can’t wait to see your beautiful Think Pink creations here and in the gallery.
Hugs Em

Last edited by Robin Carlton; 09-30-2021 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is an amazing cause to support. Here's my layout. The gallery doesn't like my journaling so here it is:

From a family member perspective. My adopted mother lost her fight to breast and cervical cancer in 1998. She had breast cancer for the first time when I was like 13 or 14 years old. I remember her coming home from the hospital after her radical left mastectomy. They said they had it removed it all. There were not any cells found in the lymph nodes. So her treatment plan did not require extreme treatment. She took the recommended treatment. During this time, we all heaved a huge sigh of relief and just helped her with her recovery. In 1998, I received the phone call that the cancer was back and back with a vengeance. The American Red Cross flew me home in November. I took her to her treatments, spoke with medical teams & realized that hope of recovery was not possible, it had already metastasized. The conversations that I had to have with my Dad and family to get them into an accepting phase was difficult and emotionally draining. My Dad was in denial up until hours before she passed on. I had to walk him through state requirements for deaths that occur at home to ensure there wasn’t full blown investigations that would make a difficult time worse. Fast forward to circa 2015. I discovered that my bio mom was diagnosed with colon cancer, since I was not raised with her, it was harder to get the details and help her seek the appropriate help that she needed. Little did I realize that the next 2 years, I would spend educating my bio siblings on cancer treatments, prognosis and letting go of grudges, not for her but for themselves. I found myself walking my biological family through the next steps and the grieving process. This also left me emotionally drained. While my direct personal experiences have not been one of hope with great successes, it has made me committed to helping find the cure. There has to be hope for it. Medical technology has come too far for me not to have hope. I do not wish my experiences on anyone. The amount of physical and mental strength it takes to be an unwavering support system and to not crack in front of the one that needs the strength is crazy. Strength was the only choice I had and I wore it until it was not needed. To all the family members who have had to wear this strength….let us join arms and march so that we can help stamp out this horrible disease that leaves our loved ones fighting for their very life.

Last edited by mywisecrafts; 10-01-2021 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just grabbed this one and am so excited to get a layout made this weekend - what a wonderful cause and so awesome!
Old 10-01-2021, 09:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love that you're doing this Em! Such a wonderful cause and a generous gift to give back! I've picked up the bundle and will hopefully be able to dig in to it later tonight!
Old 10-01-2021, 10:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I love that you're doing this Em! Such a wonderful cause and a generous gift to give back! I've picked up the bundle and will hopefully be able to dig in to it later tonight!
I can't wait to unzip it and have a go. Such a worthy cause ♥
Old 10-01-2021, 11:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for creating such a beautiful kit, Em
Old 10-02-2021, 12:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywisecrafts View Post
This is an amazing cause to support. Here's my layout. The gallery doesn't like my journaling so here it is:

From a family member perspective. My adopted mother lost her fight to breast and cervical cancer in 1998. She had breast cancer for the first time when I was like 13 or 14 years old. I remember her coming home from the hospital after her radical left mastectomy. They said they had it removed it all. There were not any cells found in the lymph nodes. So her treatment plan did not require extreme treatment. She took the recommended treatment. During this time, we all heaved a huge sigh of relief and just helped her with her recovery. In 1998, I received the phone call that the cancer was back and back with a vengeance. The American Red Cross flew me home in November. I took her to her treatments, spoke with medical teams & realized that hope of recovery was not possible, it had already metastasized. The conversations that I had to have with my Dad and family to get them into an accepting phase was difficult and emotionally draining. My Dad was in denial up until hours before she passed on. I had to walk him through state requirements for deaths that occur at home to ensure there wasn’t full blown investigations that would make a difficult time worse. Fast forward to circa 2015. I discovered that my bio mom was diagnosed with colon cancer, since I was not raised with her, it was harder to get the details and help her seek the appropriate help that she needed. Little did I realize that the next 2 years, I would spend educating my bio siblings on cancer treatments, prognosis and letting go of grudges, not for her but for themselves. I found myself walking my biological family through the next steps and the grieving process. This also left me emotionally drained. While my direct personal experiences have not been one of hope with great successes, it has made me committed to helping find the cure. There has to be hope for it. Medical technology has come too far for me not to have hope. I do not wish my experiences on anyone. The amount of physical and mental strength it takes to be an unwavering support system and to not crack in front of the one that needs the strength is crazy. Strength was the only choice I had and I wore it until it was not needed. To all the family members who have had to wear this strength….let us join arms and march so that we can help stamp out this horrible disease that leaves our loved ones fighting for their very life.

Oh Es what a stunning page so so beautifully scrapped and your story so touching. Big hugs to you the CARERS who are often overlooked but you guys are the foundation many of us relied on during our cancer journey, our rocks. Thank you for being you xox
Old 10-02-2021, 12:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thank you so very much Cheryl and Nat hugely appreciated ladies!
Old 10-02-2021, 12:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
Thank you for creating such a beautiful kit, Em
Joanne sweetie, this is so very very true. After it is all done there is the next part. The healing and that is both emotional and mental but even more so physical healing. Im still experiencing fatigue and weird sensations in my radiated parts and then the neuropathy which you and I have talked about. Thats just the start OMG. I love this page so beautiful and thank you hun for your donation!

Last edited by EmStafrace; 10-02-2021 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:17 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Such a beautiful kit.

Last edited by LisaMT; 10-02-2021 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:28 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Aww Lisa how beautiful hun. Those eyes are so blue! Perfect page and thank you so much for your donation sweetie xo. I will pm the template link now for you xox

Last edited by EmStafrace; 10-02-2021 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What a wonderful cause! Em you're a gem!
Old 10-02-2021, 12:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This is so beautiful!!! I am going for my first ever mammogram on monday
Old 10-02-2021, 12:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I bought the kit Em, it's such a beautiful kit and a wonderful and thoughtful cause you made!
Old 10-02-2021, 02:22 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Even though I don't have any relatives who are dealing with breast cancer, it's something we all (men and women) have to check every now and than.
I felt 'something' last june, so had my first mammogram last june... lucky enough the lump I felt als hurt, so that was a good sign... mammogram and echo came back clean, but they still didn't know what it is...

Anyway, good luck with raising money.

Here's the page I made with the bundle, gorgeous to create any strong page, not only for those who survived cancer. Fun thing,,, my daughter's zodiac sign is cancer...
Old 10-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just picked this up. You are amazing Em. Thank you for your generous spirit.
Old 10-02-2021, 03:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just got it. I had to create a new account, but I figured it out!

Old 10-02-2021, 03:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thank you - this is a beautiful and what a generous donation!

Old 10-02-2021, 04:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The kit I have been waiting for to celebrate my Momma. She is BADASS just like you Em.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I went for my first 12 months ago, and this week went for my 4th ... There was something they found in the first one, so went back within a week for another and an ultrasound, then one 6 months later to see if it had changed, then another 6 month followup. This last one I got the all clear to wait a year before I go again.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here is mine!

Old 10-02-2021, 06:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Yay way to go chicka! And hey they are a bit awkward but gee the machines have come a long way much more comfortable. Hope all goes well for you lovely xox
Old 10-02-2021, 06:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Aww thank you so much Lea, Jenny, Cherry and Dalis greatly appreciated lovely ladies xox
Old 10-02-2021, 06:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romajo View Post
Even though I don't have any relatives who are dealing with breast cancer, it's something we all (men and women) have to check every now and than.
I felt 'something' last june, so had my first mammogram last june... lucky enough the lump I felt als hurt, so that was a good sign... mammogram and echo came back clean, but they still didn't know what it is...

Anyway, good luck with raising money.

Here's the page I made with the bundle, gorgeous to create any strong page, not only for those who survived cancer. Fun thing,,, my daughter's zodiac sign is cancer...
Thank you so very much for your donation Maricke with cases of men being diagnosed with BC on the increase we definitely need to find out more about this cancer. Wow your page is absolutely beautiful too thank you again. Will pm you shortly with the freebie download link.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knclark View Post
Thank you - this is a beautiful and what a generous donation!

I had to google this event and what a beautiful thing for the college community to do in honour of their teacher.

Thank you for your donation and this beautiful page, sharing it has extended Sandy's story across the drink to Australia!
I’ll pm you shortly with the link to the template gift xox
Old 10-02-2021, 06:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireG View Post
The kit I have been waiting for to celebrate my Momma. She is BADASS just like you Em.

And what a stunning page! Way to go to to your mum too hun glad she kick its butt! pm’ing you now sweets xox.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Here is mine!

Wow thanks so much Trina both for your donation and this gorgeous page, such a sweet photo perfect for this bundle. P.S So glad you're keeping up with your testing and even better news that its coming back with no concerns woohoo Pm’ing you now x
Old 10-02-2021, 11:07 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Old 10-02-2021, 11:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Old 10-03-2021, 01:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynD2 View Post
Aww what a beautiful dedication to your Sister in law. Stunning page Evelyn thank you so very much for your donation its greatly appreciated. I am about to pm you with the download link for the gift. xo
Old 10-03-2021, 01:24 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
Stephanie thank you so much for your donation and for this wonderful page. I love seeing this collection used off theme. Such a lovely design and beautiful engaging photo. I’ll pm you now so check your inbox for the gift link. x
Old 10-03-2021, 12:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This bundle is so beautiful, Em!
Old 10-03-2021, 01:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

used this amazing kit to update my siggy for this month ♥
Old 10-03-2021, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Old 10-03-2021, 03:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So I realize this kit is for breast cancer (SO awesome to raise $$ with digikits & MORE than happy to help out anyway I can)- but we're in the thick of our doggy's cancer journey & that's what I chose to scrap. She's living her best months right now, but we are all SO sad. She's literally THE BEST dog & we're struggling with knowing her months are short...

Old 10-03-2021, 03:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
So I realize this kit is for breast cancer (SO awesome to raise $$ with digikits & MORE than happy to help out anyway I can)- but we're in the thick of our doggy's cancer journey & that's what I chose to scrap. She's living her best months right now, but we are all SO sad. She's literally THE BEST dog & we're struggling with knowing her months are short...

big huge hugs to you and miss Lucy Lou ♥
Old 10-03-2021, 05:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's mine, Em

Last edited by CaroRen; 10-03-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Such a wonderful cause to support. Here's my layout. The photos are from Pixabay. I started with a template from “Wickedly Glam Page Drafts” by The Nifty Pixel. Everything else is from “Gently Goes” also by The Nifty Pixel.

Old 10-03-2021, 06:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

an absolutely stunning collection for an amazing cause. You rocked it Em, both with this collection and with beating cancer. So proud of all who fight the fight. xx
Old 10-03-2021, 07:25 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I don't own a lot of pink layouts, so this was great.
Old 10-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just found the time this whole weekend to check in for all the challenges - just bought the kit. I pray for all of you either dealing with cancer yourself or assisting others. I had a dear sister-in-law pass away 2 years ago from a 12 year battle with cancer.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for hosting and for donating to a wonderful cause. Thank you for the template for us creating a layout with your kit.

Link to the gallery: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ive-up&cat=500
Old 10-03-2021, 09:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Jenni what a stunning page wow thank you so very much this is sheer perfection and a strong message to get the data’s checked hehe Love it. Thank you for your donation and I will pm you now with the gift download xox

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
This bundle is so beautiful, Em!
Old 10-03-2021, 09:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
used this amazing kit to update my siggy for this month ♥
aww wow thats perfect Jo! iIlove that heart ribbon
Old 10-03-2021, 09:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels View Post
Wow what an awesome page, this should be used as a promotional piece for BC. Thank you so much Aud for your donation I’ll pm you the download link to the gift shortly. xoxox
Old 10-03-2021, 09:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Aww Amie, sending you the biggest hug such a difficult time when our fur babies are unwell. Lucy Lou looks like quite the character and I can’t imagine how hard it is but she also looks so well loved and you and your family will help her cross over wrapped in love when the time comes. Gently Goes.

Stunning page and dedication to a sweet gal. I’m pm’ing you now with the gift download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post

Old 10-03-2021, 09:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Argh Caro such a freakin scary time but keeping on top of it is key. I love that message in your incredible page Early detection sure does save lives. Hugs and thanks so much lovely for your donation. Pm’ing you the template download now xo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRen View Post
Here's mine, Em
Old 10-03-2021, 09:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsscrap View Post
Such a wonderful cause to support. Here's my layout. The photos are from Pixabay. I started with a template from “Wickedly Glam Page Drafts” by The Nifty Pixel. Everything else is from “Gently Goes” also by The Nifty Pixel.

Thank you so much for your donation and page Debbie. Have faith and never give up is one of my fave quotes in this kit. I’ll pm you shortly the download link to the gift.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
an absolutely stunning collection for an amazing cause. You rocked it Em, both with this collection and with beating cancer. So proud of all who fight the fight. xx
aww thank you my lovely. xoxo
Old 10-03-2021, 09:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jema View Post
I don't own a lot of pink layouts, so this was great.
Aww glad we could help with get some pink pages in your gallery hehe. Thank you so very much Jema for your donation and sweet page! Its nice to see the frippery used as an accent in your page. I’ll be pm'ing the download link to the gift right now