Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default The Walking Dead premiere is tonight!!

Spoilers if you're not caught up, don't read!!

Edit: but the premiere is next week so ignore my thread title!!

I think it might be Maggie who meets Lucile. My theory is that it would have a huge impact on all of the characters because she's close with all of them. It's not Rick or Carl. So that leaves Eugene and Abraham and Sasha - but I don't think their death would be big enough. Or Glenn - but I feel like that would be emotionally flat after the big scare with him last season. Or Daryl or Michonne - but I just don't want that to happen!!

Who do you think it will be?

Last edited by luckyme; 10-16-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I just totally scrolled past your post and only read the subject because I don't want any spoilers! LOL

But... are you sure it's tonight??? I think the Season 7 premiere is on Oct 23rd.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

1 week to go.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shoot - we'll now I'm sad! My friend said this weekend. Boo. I must have misunderstood and she probably meant the reruns because I know she wanted to watch the few before to "refresh".
Old 10-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

You got me very excited! We'll blame Megan (did I spell your name right?) and Traci for getting us excited a few weeks early with her Walking Dead collection!

Seriously though I don't think it will be Maggie because they just introduced her being pregnant. Why would they introduce pregnancy only to take it away a couple of episodes later? I honestly believe it's going to be Glenn just because well...I read the comic books! But if it's not him, I really hope its someone I don't like and there are a handful of them. Maybe Eugene because he really can't handle being strong in this world. Or maybe even Morgan because he's struggling with his inner demons about the walkers and killing.

I do suspect the first episode will be just flashbacks and what not. I think it's going to be at least two weeks before we find out what meets Lucille.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I checked the guide and there IS a special on tonight with cast interviews about the journey so far.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There will be a marathon of every single episode starting Monday...as if I haven't already been watching the past seasons lol...I cant wait!!
Old 10-16-2016, 05:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
I checked the guide and there IS a special on tonight with cast interviews about the journey so far.
Oh! Nice! That will be awesome to see.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Abraham is my biggest bet. He is a big guy and would be the most obvious threat to Negan. I do not think it is Maggie mostly because she's pregnant and that would be too much for many viewers. My second guess is Rosita because it would be shocking for the viewers if he chose a woman and they recently cut her out of a lot of her storylines, plus I don't think people are expecting her. I also do not think it's Glenn just cause they basically brought him back from death a few episodes ago and it just wouldn't have the same impact even if he was the one who was supposed to die.

Last edited by lovely1m; 10-18-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:50 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
. Or maybe even Morgan because he's struggling with his inner demons about the walkers and killing.

Morgan isn't there. He's with Carol meeting the people with the pet tiger.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Morgan isn't there. He's with Carol meeting the people with the pet tiger.
I know he's not there....but I don't like Morgan

**edited to say, wishful thinking he's the second death later in the episode**

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 10-18-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've said Abraham since the last season ended so I'm sticking with that lol.

We're usually a day behind and I'm worried FB will spoil it so I'm going to stream it as soon as I wake up on Monday morning!
Old 10-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm dvr'd the catch-up/sneak peek episode and will watch it just before the premiere of the new one on Sun night. It's my birthday so if we go for dinner, we have to be home for that. I get to make the rules that day
Old 10-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Neverland

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I still say Glenn.

Because it is like an iconic death and moment in the comics, and it would be wrong to change it.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-22-2016, 06:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaTrish View Post
I still say Glenn.

Because it is like an iconic death and moment in the comics, and it would be wrong to change it.
Awww, but if they go by that thought process, Carol would have been dead already and some of the characters wouldn't even be in it. OOOh but that would have meant Shane wouldn't have lasted as long as he did (sorry, not a Shane-lover)
Old 10-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Awww, but if they go by that thought process, Carol would have been dead already and some of the characters wouldn't even be in it. OOOh but that would have meant Shane wouldn't have lasted as long as he did (sorry, not a Shane-lover)
Yeah but I mean his death was a BIG THING in the comics and to the readers.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been guessing Abe, and that would make me sad. I really like Abe!!
Old 10-22-2016, 11:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Oohh I hope it's not Glen! I think it'll be Abraham or Daryl. I'll be sad no matter who it is..they've all went through so much..ugh! I am ready for tomorrow night.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well...what did everyone think? Are we all still too traumatized to talk about it?

I'll have to be honest and say that I wasn't overly surprised at who died, but when they got to the part about cutting off Carl's arm, I was almost done. I thought if they went forward with that, I might have to stop watching the show...for good. My heart just couldn't take it! I'm glad TWD powers that be didn't go all the way with that one. Two extremely gruesome core character deaths in one episode was about as much as I could handle.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was expecting Glenn (because of the comic) so I wasn't really surprised. Also, since they had a "practice death" for Glenn last year (maybe to divert suspicion if anything leaked? or get people used to the idea?), I figure he was living on borrowed time.

I do think some of the graphic violence in the episode was over the top. I was thinking about not watching the episode on the ground that I would not normally sign up to see someone I care about be beaten to death and it was pretty clear that's what was going to happen. I mean, of course I know it's not real, but still didn't really want to see it happen. Then, I decided I would watch it, but I'd look up in advance who was killed (since I'm on Pacific time). So, that's what I did. And I'm glad I did because I read about the scenes and then I didn't actually look at the screen during those parts. I didn't see any reason to watch Glenn's eyeball pop out.

Anyhow, aside from the grisly-ness of that episode, I think the whole Negan thing is a "good" development for the show. The last 2 seasons, we watched the group become more and more "shoot first, ask questions later". Now, they are going to have to come to terms with the results of that approach when it doesn't work and they don't "win". And it'll be interesting to see how Rick handles things after all that he went through and having to yield to Negan. Hopefully it'll breath some new life into the show which I felt had become a little bit too routine (as in: move to new place. Yay, it's perfect. Uh oh, it's not so perfect. Confrontation and move on. Repeat).
Old 10-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
Well...what did everyone think? Are we all still too traumatized to talk about it?

I'll have to be honest and say that I wasn't overly surprised at who died, but when they got to the part about cutting off Carl's arm, I was almost done. I thought if they went forward with that, I might have to stop watching the show...for good. My heart just couldn't take it! I'm glad TWD powers that be didn't go all the way with that one. Two extremely gruesome core character deaths in one episode was about as much as I could handle.
Yep, when they got to the Carl part I put a blanket over my head and walked out of the room for the whole scene. I just couldn't. even.

And when I came back to ask Aaron what happened I was so relieved he didn't do it. But, WOW... that episode was torture to watch. Torture for our TWD cast, but for us too. I'm really glad it's over and I hope that future episodes will allow me more time OUT from under the freaking blanket. I can handle the killing zombies thing and zombies killing people sometimes, but when people are killing people it just changes it for me. I can't take too much of that.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can see how many would feel it was too graphic, and it was hard for me to watch, but in a way I'm glad they did show just how ruthless the Negan character is. I really love this show for the story and characters and I can't wait to see how this changes them. And go Maggie, barely able to stand and telling Rick to get ready for the fight. She's had so much taken from her, but she's a bad@ss and one of my faves. Makes me feel she won't let this break her.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was not a fan of the episode, in fact it really made me angry. I only watch WD because my husband likes it and now my oldest--it's bonding time between us. We kept telling my daughter that Glenn was going to die, because it was in the comics. We knew that Negan killed Abraham's girlfriend, and we read something about star-crossed lovers, so we thought maybe Maggie or Rosita. Quite honestly, we weren't sure on the second death. But we've been preparing my in-love with Glenn daughter since the ending of last season. I guess we didn't do a good enough job. She was in shock when Abraham and kept telling us we were wrong. But when Glenn got it without seeing it coming, she took it hard--like panic-attack hard!! Honestly, as a parent (and even someone who hates gore), that was over the top gross. I really didn't need to see blood splattering everywhere, Negan beating both guys to death. It could have been a lot less visual than they choose to do--that part really angered me because my 12-year old wanted to know who died and was peeking in and out of the room.

I told my husband I could stand watching the show because they were trying to live with the walkers trying to get them. But now that it's people vs. people, I don't know if I can stomach the premise of the show any more. I understand the comic was graphic and this is based off the comics, but I'm only invested in the show as a bonding moment with my husband and daughter. I had a horrible night's sleep the last two nights because I was so conflicted about what I saw. Quite honestly, I think that's the most brutal thing I've ever witnessed on tv and in a movie!

With that said, how Maggie does not lose her baby is nothing short of a miracle! The ending with them all sitting around the farm table, made me burst out in tears (might have had to do with my teenager sobbing uncontrollably) I actually dread next week's episode. I just scrapped my daughter's reaction to the show last week today, and it literally angered me reliving the episode! I need a diversion with a happier show for a little while!
Old 10-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I agree with Brie. It's not a happy go lucky show. It's showing what I believe would legitimately happen if something like this would happen in the world. People would turn on people. There would be violence. That's what it is. I do not think it was too gory. It's am emotional roller-coaster to watch this show and one of the reasons I love it. I did have to cover my face with Carl, but that was out of how many emotions I was feeling, not gore. It was necessary, Negan needed to do that to make Rick bow down to him.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Before I read y'alls replies, I would like to humbly say:
HA LOSERS! I WAS NOT WRONG!