Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2017, 04:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: Weekend! Yay! What are you up to this weekend? (12/15)

What are you up to this weekend?

My weekend will be busy. I'll be Christmas shopping tomorrow. Yep, I'm late! I know!

One of my friends is a volunteer in an animal shelter. Every year around Christmas they're having a fundraising. Together with a few other friends I'm going to help out as a volunteer.
It's the 3rd year I'm doing this and it's always a lot of fun.

How about you? What are you doing this weekend?

Old 12-15-2017, 04:47 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
What are you up to this weekend?

My weekend will be busy. I'll be Christmas shopping tomorrow. Yep, I'm late! I know!

One of my friends is a volunteer in an animal shelter. Every year around Christmas they're having a fundraising. Together with a few other friends I'm going to help out as a volunteer.
It's the 3rd year I'm doing this and it's always a lot of fun.

How about you? What are you doing this weekend?
Okay, you aren't late... late is doing ALL your shopping on Christmas Eve which had become sort of a tradition for us. Rushing around and wrapping late into the night.

This year my husband did all the shopping while in England. He'll bring all the gifts home and we will wrap in advance. lol

My plans are busy this weekend. I plan to go to the mall tomorrow and check out macbooks. I'd like to grab a fitbit (are those any good?) and need an anniversary card for my husband. I'm finishing up editing a wedding for someone and have another to do. Once that's done, I MUST clean the house. My husband will be home Sunday afternoon for four whole weeks. YEAY!
Old 12-15-2017, 04:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktanker View Post
I'd like to grab a fitbit (are those any good?)
I love my Fitbit! I've had one for more than 2 years - my first one kind of died but my second one is great. It only leaves my wrist when I go for a swim/have a shower or have to recharge it. And it makes me move! It gives me a reminder every hour if I haven't done 250 steps which is a good thing when you have a sedentary job (or spend alot of time scrapbooking!). I also use it (via the app on my phone) to track how much water I drink (I was very bad at drinking enough before), and how much sleep I get (which is never enough), plus exercise...
Old 12-15-2017, 05:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My parents are visiting this weekend. Its also the beginning of our 6 week summer school holidays so I need to start thinking about how to entertain the kids over that time... We should put the Christmas tree up this weekend too I guess.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:18 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I love my Fitbit! I've had one for more than 2 years - my first one kind of died but my second one is great. It only leaves my wrist when I go for a swim/have a shower or have to recharge it. And it makes me move! It gives me a reminder every hour if I haven't done 250 steps which is a good thing when you have a sedentary job (or spend alot of time scrapbooking!). I also use it (via the app on my phone) to track how much water I drink (I was very bad at drinking enough before), and how much sleep I get (which is never enough), plus exercise...
That's what I am hoping. I want it to motivate me to do more steps per day. I am sitting way too much.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I don't have a fitbit but a polar watch and love it. I have it for over a year now. Like you it only leaves my wrist if I have to recharge or take a shower. I should be able to go swimming with it but haven't tried that. It gives me a reminder every hour as well.

I also have a heart rate monitor which is super handy when I'm doing exercises.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wass then going to be doing much but my mum won two tickets to see Paul McCartney in concert tomorrow night so I’ll be going to that now. I know that will take all of my energy for the weekend so the rest of the time I’ll be at home resting

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-15-2017, 04:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are hanging out tonight with pizza & a movie. Fridays are always pretty hectic here at work so I extra appreciate the chill now.

We are going down to my ILs' Saturday morning to celebrate Christmas with my husband's side of the family. His mom's birthday is actually tomorrow so we'll have cake for that, and then we're supposed to head out to a local Christkindl market that evening. We'll celebrate Christmas Sunday afternoon before heading back home.

It's just a two bedroom condo and there will be 2 kids, 1 teenager, and 4 adults crowded in there for 2 days so it can get a little claustrophobic. I might retreat into the spare room to scrap while 'letting the ILs enjoy' my precious children.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My mom is coming to visit us this weekend and we're taking her to the Nutcracker tomorrow afternoon (just us girls). This will be my daughters first time seeing it, so very excited!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 12-15-2017, 06:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This week was utterly insane over here so I'm behind on pretty much all things domestic so I will be cleaning, grocery shopping, paying the bills... all that fun stuff. But on the grocery list are ingredients to make cookies too so it's not all bad!