Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2008, 12:19 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm
Default Need some quick Disney tips!

I am leaving on Tuesday for Disney! I will be traveling alone by train and then spending 4 days at the parks with fellow students from the college I am attending for Graphic Design. Because most of them are teens and early twenties, I may be spending much time by myself.

Got some tips on anything I must see or photograph? I havent been since I was a teen myself! I will be visiting Disney, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Oh, and we are also meeting the graphic designers at Disney for a Disney by Design tour! I am SO excited!

I will also have evenings to myself, so any suggestions about what to do in Downtown Disney would be great!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:47 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I am so excited for you, Rachael!! You will have a blast Let us know about the tour, I would love to do that sometime.

Here are some tips:
-Check out the DISBoards
-Utilize the fast pass!!
-Check out a guide from the library (or get one online) to plan your days.

Here are a few of must sees:
Hollywood Studios:
-Toy Story Mania (get your fast pass early)
-Check out the section on cartoons. My family LOVED the drawing sessions.

Magic Kingdom:
-Mickeys Philharmagic
-the Spectromagic parade at night is breathtaking!

Animal Kingdom:
-the Dinosaur ride
-the entire park is a fabulous photo-op. I wish I had brought my DSLR here instead of my little camera. The safari, the jungle trek, tree of life, the country re-creations, it is all amazing!

Epcot:
-Soarin' (get the fast pass here, too)
-Enjoy the food & drinks in all the countries

Have a great trip I look forward to seeing your pics & pages.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have not been since 2003 but the only suggestion I have is to head to the back of the park and come towards the font. Get the express pass for any ride you really wanna do but do not want to wait in line for. Take snacks with you to avoid having to spend 10 dollars a burger while there LOL. Well unless you dont mind the expensive food that tastes horrible. There are so many things to get pictures of I just took my camera and took pictures of everything I saw while I was there. One thing youll want a picture of Im sure if Cinderellas castle. I got a few of it but back then I only had a cheapy 1 megapixel camera with no zoom no extras and it isnt the greatest picture.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Also, look into the Photopass! If you order the CD you get a copyright release with the digital images. We got over 100 wonderful pics this way, it was worth the cost, imo. (Especially since I didn't bring my good camera to the parks). This pic is from the photopass.

And we didn't spend a bunch of time at Downtown Disney, but we did eat a Wolfgang Puck's Express Restaurant. The food was very good, and if you have the meal plan, it counts as a counter service meal (which makes it a great deal).
Old 11-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Go to the Countrybear Jamboree and get a turkey leg (from a cart outside). Go next door (or across the way) to the condiment area-select barbeque sauce. Sit down in front of the Tom Sawyer lake and enjoy!

Old 11-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We just went this summer, and I totally second Ashleigh's recommendations of Toy Story Mania - even waiting in line is a feast for the eyes
Mickey's Philharmagic - we went to this multiple times, it was our absolute favorite.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

I just got back last night from Disney. It was a workelated trip so we were only able to visit Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure. Both are FAB!!

Animal Kingdom is an AMAZING place for photos. Seriously amazing. The Tree of Life (or whatever its called) is just gorgeous and I could photograph it all day and never get the same photo twice.

The safari is also an amazing photo op, but it moves pretty fast, so be sure to be quick with your trigger finger.

As for rides, we LOVED Expedition: Everest. I think we rode it four times that day and only wait in line for no more than 10 minutes (mostly we were able to walk right on).

The Dinosaur ride was really cool too. And I've heard great things about the Finding Nemo stage show. We didn't get to see it (DH hate theater... boo) but everyone that saw it loved it. Young and Old.

The Bugs Life 3D show was good, but better for young kids. It was a nice place to cool off.

Oh, and another fun thing about the parks right now is that they have just put up all of their Christmas decorations! Its so pretty! I loved the tree right outside Animal Kingdom. :0

Have fun! Its a perfect time of year to go!

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 11-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Rachael!!! Why didn't you say you were going to Disney!?? My family is leaving Friday afternoon and will arrive Saturday sometime! Where are you staying? Will you still be there by Saturday? PM me! We must get together!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Heather,
I just PMd you my cell #!!! I will still be there on Sat! It would be SO cool to meet!

Thanks to all of you for the great suggestions.... I am thrilled to hear about all the shows because I probably wont be going on many rides because of some health conditions!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hey, I'm going to be at Disney starting on Saturday, too! We're staying at Coronado Springs. I know none of you really know me but if you see a 6yo girl (my DD) surrounded by 3 senior citizens (my parents and my aunt) and one middle-aged woman looking frazzled trying to meet everyone's needs/wants (me), it's probably us! Oh, and we're all Chinese!

Helen
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Everyone has given you great tips...we haven't been since 2001 on our honeymoon, but we went right after Christmas (got there on New Year's Day) and just wanted to say that the park is beautiful at Christmas Time.

We loved MGM Studios...see the Muppet Show and Indy Show..they were both fun.

I can't remember the name of the resturant at the top of the Contemporary Resort but we ate there our first night and got seats by the window to watch the 8pm fireworks..it was fabulous!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to danagirl82

I don't have any tips for you. my family and I are taking our first trip there in just a few short weeks. But I do wish you lots of fun and I can not wait to see your photos
Old 11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

Book your meals in advance. Please, for the love of mike.

(I worked in Disney Dining reservations for 4 years)