Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy Reger
Default Question for Designers

I am not sure if this is a question that is even okay to ask...but I am having a hard time finding anything on the web and need some help! I know the basics of designing my own papers and elements...and am really interested in becoming better at my designing...but I don't know how! How did you all come into designing? How do you make such realistic looking ribbons and flowers and stuff? What program are you using to design? I have a wacom tablet and photoshop and know a lot, but I am having a hard time trying to expand my knowledge. I love to do it, and would love to learn more, but I really honestly don't know how or where to go from here! If I am totally out of line for asking, that is totally okay, just tell me so, I'm a big girl and can take it But if anyone is willing to share with me and point me in the right direction to where I can learn more, I would really really appreciate it!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

honestly- and i know this is so not the answer you're looking for ^_^ -- but honestly, I just kept poking and trying new things etc etc. I've been doing this for 4.5 years now- when i began there weren't really a ton of resources out there, we all just kinda figured it out as we went-- and that resulted in a lot of ugly creations on my part hahahahaha.. but you learn and grow- I think it really strengthened me as an artist.

eta: a lot of realistic elements are extractions :]
Old 03-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy Reger

Thank you so much, Lauren! Do you just use photoshop? I guess I need to just keep trying things out
Old 03-28-2010, 08:53 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

i use illustrator to draw-- things come out a lot cleaner using that program than drawing in ps (though i did start with just photoshop). but.. I couldn't live without illustrator at this point. i love it <3