Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Which is worse...

that my recent LOs (which I think are decent) have like 8 views or that my scary ones from 2008 have over 200???
Old 05-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Well, I think there is a lot to look at on this site, so that may be why your new, wonderful layouts do not have as many views. I usually look at the layouts in the "love" post and try to comment on all of those with as much regularity as I can and then surf the gallery and randomly comment on layouts that strike me when I have some time. There is so much goodness to see, but only so much time in a day.

As to the 200 views on the ones from 2008, just a math thing. More time in the gallery equals more potential views, and they are probably no where near as scary as you think.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just left you some love...and I think they are more than decent!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've had this issue too. Usually I get like 15-20 views. I find I get more comments if I leave more comments though.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i wonder if something happened with the page view counts when the site redesign happened? Because all my old layouts have a few hundred views as well (and one or two comments) and it seems a bit odd. Tho yeah, i suppose it could just be that they've been in the gallery longer....Do people actually surf through the gallery from a few years ago tho?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

People used to spend a LOT more time in the galleries before, so that would make sense to me.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

yeah... I'd say there are people who find a layout they like and then browse the rest of your gallery... so in 3 years you'll probably have 200+ comments on your current layouts

my Project Life pages have more views than my regular layouts and I think it's because they often get pinned on Pinterest because so many scrappers are doing Project Life right now... and then they get repinned a bunch and people view from there... I have one layout that went crazy on Pinterest and it has 1,100+ views right now... and it's only from January... so I definitely don't think it has to do with less people viewing the galleries... I just think over time there will be more views and 3 years from now you'll have lots of views on your current layouts
Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi_girl View Post
i wonder if something happened with the page view counts when the site redesign happened? Because all my old layouts have a few hundred views as well (and one or two comments) and it seems a bit odd. Tho yeah, i suppose it could just be that they've been in the gallery longer....Do people actually surf through the gallery from a few years ago tho?
I will actually go back and look through people's galleries when I find someone "new" to me. There's a little bit of memory lane/nostalgia for me, plus I might see some great layout done with an older kit that I have. I also think there are more of us than back in 2008, and it seems like everyone scraps so quickly that it can be very hard to keep up with the galleries.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

well mine 2 cents i always loved browsing true gallery.s but there are coming more and more ct teams and more and more designers so gallery.s can go really fast sometimes within a hour the first pages are all new layouts her i can keep it up but by so many gallery.s it really go to fast especially between wednesday and friday when new releases are coming out nd ct members post 6 or more layouts a day lol

Well i ct myself but sometimes i wonder if it helps te designer because gallery,s are not look at much ass they dit now i am looking more on facebook for good promotions of amazing kits and the layouts from all mine scrapping friends of printrest
Old 05-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
Well, I think there is a lot to look at on this site, so that may be why your new, wonderful layouts do not have as many views. I usually look at the layouts in the "love" post and try to comment on all of those with as much regularity as I can and then surf the gallery and randomly comment on layouts that strike me when I have some time. There is so much goodness to see, but only so much time in a day.
I agree - I very rarely get time to truly browse the gallery so I generally go to the love post first and go from there

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it's normal. All of my older LOs have about 200 views, and they didn't get them immediately, but over time. New ones usually have about 30 views, but when I started it used to be below 10.

What I do when I discover a LO that I like is that I browse through the gallery of that person, even into the older ones, and comment on what I like best. Also, I sometimes browse galleries according to various criteria - designer, portfolio, Sugarbabe etc. - this way I can usually discover things that I didn't notice in the general gallery. Also, if someone comments on a LO of mine, I tend to go back and give love (if I don't, the reason is that I didn't have time and it slipped my memory).

Browsing galleries and commenting is something I enjoy a lot, so I thought I'd share.

If you want to increase the number of views, you should try the Sweet Lovin thread, I think it's a good way to introduce yourself to a wider public. Also comment a lot in the galleries - not everybody will comment back (mostly because they don't have time as they have extended families etc., it's important not to take this personally), but some people will and you'll discover many beautiful layouts as a bonus!