Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question Printer suggestions?

We're in the market for a new printer. We've had several HP officejets in a row and although they work great, they don't seem to last as long as we'd like for them to. I've been doing some research and Consumer Reports recommends the Canon Pixma but I wanted to see what real people use and like. I'll be using it for hybrid printing and we'll also be using it for general everyday printing/scanning/copying/faxing. I don't print very many photos at home but I'll use it for that on occasion.

Suggestions? What do you have - love it? Hate it?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I have (and love) the Canon i9000, which is a Pixma wide-format printer. The quality is fabulous. It is just a printer though, and from your question it sounds like you also want a scanner/fax? I've always been wary of all in one's, so I don't know Canon's reputation for those. The wide format printer is reliable and I would definitely recommend it.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have the Canon MP620B (I'm sure there is a newer model, this one is several years old) which is from the Pixma Pro line. We got it on sale super cheap at Best Buy and I have to say, I have been very happy with it. I print a lot of 4x6 photos on it and the quality is great. I occasionally even print up to 8.5x11 photos. I also use it to copy and scan and the functions are easy, intuitive, and work well. Mine does not have a fax feature, so I can't vouch for that.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, we definitely want an all-in-one. We just don't have room for a bunch of different hardware and we need the scan/fax for business stuff. Thanks for the responses so far ladies! Keep them coming!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have an HP printer that I DESPISE. Quality is horrible. On the other hand I have a Canon all in one that's several years old and I LOVE it. I'd definitely go the Canon route.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have a CanonMP250 and I love it.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The one feature I REALLY REALLY wish my printer had was the ability to feed paper in and get it out in a straight path. Mine has to curl the paper over two rollers. If it just curled the paper it would be a slight annoyance, but I have SO MUCH trouble getting it to feed in cardstock, let alone a speciality glossy photo paper. I live in a dry climate and I wonder if that makes a difference with the brittleness of the rubber feed rollers.