Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Sometimes I wish i didn't have girls...

...but had boys instead!

Because man, oh man...little, princess toys for girls are FULL of little parts!

My brother took DD1 out today for a shopping spree (as a birthday gift) at the local Disney Store (which was closing down...big sales). She came home with a Jasmine & Aladdin set that included all these little rubber shoes, little plates and little forks and knives. She also got this Beauty toy that had all these earrings, bracelets and necklaces.

Yeah, those are so going to be living in and under my couch by next week. *sigh*

I wish my girls were just into cars lol.

==> Click HERE if you dare <==
Old 05-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 girls and 1 boy who is 12. Believe me, boys' stuff can be just as bad. (LEGOS!!!!!!! and I swear they mulitpy) and he's also got some things that have these little bitty magnetic silver balls that connect and build and they drive me CRAZY with those things. I bet there are 30 of them with each set. My 2 year old has probably swallowed one and I just don't know it!

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh I am constantly stepping on little teeny tiny pieces that go to all my girls' Hannah Montana, Barbie, Bratz, Polly Pocket etc. dolls! And of course Kyle is constantly finding their little pieces and putting them in his mouth! And you're right they do end up in and under the couches, I find all kinds of things in mine lol!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballance View Post
I have 2 girls and 1 boy who is 12. Believe me, boys' stuff can be just as bad. (LEGOS!!!!!!! and I swear they mulitpy) and he's also got some things that have these little bitty magnetic silver balls that connect and build and they drive me CRAZY with those things. I bet there are 30 of them with each set. My 2 year old has probably swallowed one and I just don't know it!
My girls love 'blocks' too.

Those metal balls would drive me crazy though!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

oh man...mine know the rules if I step on a toy it gets chunked...I only allow toys in ONE room lol..i'm mean (so they say!)

I do allow my oldest two to have SOME toys in their rooms. Son has hotwheels and his legos in his room since he makes very intriciate things with his blocks..boy's gonna be an architect

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hear ya on the teeny parts. for awhile Lily was having a mini breakdowns every night b/c she could not find a My Little Pony shoe. It's like a centimeter big. She would just sob and sob about how she lost it and she had me doing stuff like looking through heater vents to find it. (still missing)

but boys . . . didn't you see Misty's post? they want to bring BUGS into the house, eeeek.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have both and dude, boys toys have little parts to! The legos, the little pieces that go with those action figures, the teeny mini dinos... LOL
Old 06-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah but I bet you don't find rocks in the washing machine Karen!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yeah but I bet you don't find rocks in the washing machine Karen!
heheheeee, she's right Karen! You get different stuff from both sides! And I wanna know why the toy companies make all these dang little pieces!!!!!!!!!!! I hate them!
Old 06-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's bad either way, Karen!!! LOL. My boy is our collector -- "treasure" (like rocks, rusty screws and wire) and anything else he can get his hands on. The latest are those little colorful spoons we get from the Gelato place. I'm finding them everywhere!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh don't be jealous Karen, my boys like ROCKS! They have snuck pocketfuls of them in the house and I've found them everywhere! I've washed rocks, stepped on rocks, spilled rocks...ugh!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Little boys have them too! Think the same kind of toy sets you are talking about but from Pirates of the Carribbean.

Teeny swords, knifes, lanterns, treasure chests, coins, all of it!

I gathered up all the little pieces and made a hide and seek bag that we take to church. You can see what a hide and seek bag looks like here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=11216520

I made my own using a little bit of scrap fabric, plastic, and doll pellets from the fabric store. It took a couple of hours to make and has been a favorite quiet church toy for years.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the idea of the hide & seek bag! We saw an even simpler version of this at the hospital a couple weeks ago. Just a plastic water bottle filled with birdseed and with little items hidden in it. I might try that . . .
Old 06-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

YES! I have a girlfriend who did that...a water bottle with all the little pieces...I think she used rice though. The rice would work just as well as the pellets and be less expensive. I think I paid $5 or so for the pellets.

You could still make it cute by tying funky ribbons to the neck of the bottle. I have a laminated list of everything I put in there that I keep in our church bag so I can say, "OK find mommy the football"

I also used little buttons and doo dads I had around the house to make sure it was filled with a variety of things.

Don't put too much rice, birdseed, or pellets in it though. You want it to move around easily so you can see all the treasures inside!

I can just imagine a cute girl one with mini mirrors, brushes, heels...tied with fun pink bows...
Old 06-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG we just had a birthday party for Lily and she must have gotten like 10 barbies that all come with mini itty bitty parts and such. I have been running around after Noah trying to keep the shoes and such out of his mouth. SO not fun! I will say though I have two boys and its just as bad! The ninja turtle we just bought for him mus have come with 10 tiny little accesories!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

rocks? in the washing machine? do i even WANT to know?

my mom had to deal with five bajillion barbie shoes. and later, beads. i know for a fact, she broke three vacuum cleaners because of me.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I hear ya on having girls but for totally other reasons (my oldest just had her puberty class at school and came home with tons of pamphlets and questions ) and I also agree my little boy's toys have tons of pieces and make just as huge of a mess!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to SaraAmarie

Ooh those hide and seek bags are soo cool! My mom made those for my sis and I and our hubbies a few Christmas ago. Each one had treasures inside that matched our own hobbies and likes. So fun!

I hear ya on all the small parts! My girls are still kinda young but we have Little people and their goodies all over!

Blog etc.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummytothree View Post
I hear ya on having girls but for totally other reasons (my oldest just had her puberty class at school and came home with tons of pamphlets and questions )
I'm am so not ready for that! I wish they could always remain pre-school (or younger) age. I REALLY just LOVE them right now.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think it is just as bad for boys!! lol! We have two boys and brand new baby girl and there are parts of the boys toys EVERYWHERE!! Plus boys seem to make parts by breaking all their toys!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have two girls and I have to say that I preferred my son's toys to theirs. LOL He was into Lincoln logs, Legos, hot wheels cars and dinosaurs!! Fun stuff!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When one of my boys was a baby he pooped out a Polly Pocket shoe.