Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm
Default Annoyances!

Mmk so..I'd like to share some of my annoyances this afternoon. Anyone want to join me?

GNATS/FRUIT FLIES: The nasty little SOB's annoy the hell out of me. I always have fruit and veggies on hand, and somehow, those damn things seem to just show up out of thin air. The fruits and veggies are fresh, but I think if there's even the slightest smell of a cut open fruit, ONE of them shows up. ALSO, I think they are smart-asses. They float and just suspend in air and when you start swatting, they go like.warp speed and twist and turn..just mocking me. UGH! Stupid!

TIVO: When one of my scheduled shows don't record because there are already too many set to record at the same time..it's just really, really sad and annoying.

SINUS: Ugh..that's all.

CLOTHES: Buying clothing/bras at the mall which is over an hour away, not trying them on, and finding out that the size you wear in one brand isn't always the size you wear in another. Ya, could have been avoided, but I don't love to try on bras..the paparazzi might be watching.

I think that can be all for now. BTW, I'm having a fine day..it's just something that came back to mind that I had been planning on posting about before.

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can relate to all of these.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I hear ya on the fruit flies...

but omg regular flys..we live near a horse farm..need I say more? lol

Shoulda called me when you were at the mall :P

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OK-You asked for it.

ADHD-What a horrible trick to play on kids-My 14 year old is driving me insane-I keep having to remember that it is not his fault that he is impulsive, hyper-borderline rude most of the time. I feel horrible that I just cross my fingers and pray for the 40 minute time lapse between the time he takes his meds and the time they actually kick in and he acts like a normal human being. My poor baby-Genetics suck.

Big Brothers who think it is fun to teach their little brother naughty things. Landens newest phrase of choice, "Get your ass in my mouth"...Yep taught to him by his 15 year old brother...this phrase I assume was taught to him while they were eating, but Landen thinks its funny to say it all the dang time. I randomly hear "Get your ass in my mouth" at least 15 times a day.

Husbands who won't mow my dang yard. That is all.

Ants-We have had them horrible this spring/summer. I have had the exterminator out here three times this year and those little annoying creatures still make a comeback and annoy the piss out of me.

I'm sure I could think of more...
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My messy house-Seriously like I just cleaned it this morning and I sat down for twenty minute sto talk on the phone and it looks like it did BEFORE I cleaned it!!

Lunch time, why can't my kids wait ten minutes for the macaroni to cook. Why do they have to whine the ENTIRE time I cook

Poop- enough said LOL

And I can really relate to the fruit flys!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:36 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

did you know......... a lot of the time... there are fruit fly eggs ON your food lol
Old 07-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
did you know......... a lot of the time... there are fruit fly eggs ON your food lol
I think i just threw up in my mouth a little. Lunch anyone?

We've had ants this spring/summer too. grrrr

My dryer is a huge annoyance. It's on it's last legs, so it takes usually 2 cycles to get a load dry.

Getting my son to nap. It's battle every.single.day. You'd think by now he'd realize he doesn't get a choice in the matter.

Oh and trying to get stains out of shirts---my kids looooove to use their shirt as a napkin..no matter how many napkins they have and how many times I tell them to stop. grrr Is 7 too old for a bib?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

THE DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME BF GOT ME FOR CHRISTMAS: While I so appreciate the thought and the fact that he spent so much time researching the one to get... he understands very little about technology and digital photography, so he bought me a 5 x 7 frame. The photos that come out of my camera are naturally 4 x 6, so all the horizontal photos are stretched out and all the vertical photos are teeny-tiny when they're displayed on the frame. Sigh. I need to figure out if there's a way to get the frame to auto-adjust to the file's dimensions.

THE DIGITAL TV COMMERCIALS ON TV: I get it already. I swear. I realize that I will need a digital converter by February 2009. I realize they're trying to avoid everyone running to the store the day before to buy the converter and then not being able to get one right away. I GET IT. Stop playing the digital TV commercials already, and stop scrolling that information across the bottom of the screen when I'm trying to watch TV!!

THE TMZ GUY WITH THE LONG BLONDE FABIO HAIR: He is so gross and thinks he is just hot stuff b/c he has long stringy bleached surfer hair. It makes me want to ralph in his face.

AN OLD COLLEGE 'FRIEND': Yeah, there's a reason why we were never close in college. You are a rude backstabber who goes for blood. I didn't miss you when I fell out of touch with anyone, and the only reason I agreed to get together with you was b/c everyone else was going to be there, too. How dare you call me out in front of everyone demanding an explanation because 'I owe you.' I owe you a swift kick to the mouth. That's what. How dare you act condescending and holier than thou the entire time we all had dinner because you've finally gotten your life together... and then leave some cutesy note on an FB photo that you 'can't wait' to take another gp photo in a year. Ha. The only reason I would waste money going out there to see you would be if Jeff wants to go b/c he loves that area of the country. Thank God you live out there far far away. You can kiss my 'owing you' butt.

MY CELL PHONE'S REFUSAL TO SHOW THE TIME: My old not cool cell always showed the time and whether or not I had messages/VMs on the front screen. This new fancy-dancy cell does neither, and it annoys the crap out of me. I *hate* having to flip it open to see if anyone has called/texted me if I'm away from my phone for awhile.

*shew*
Old 07-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

MOSQUITOS: My 15 year old said my legs look like a small pox victim.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's mine:

Having to sit on hold when I KNOW that there is only one person in the office.

The trash collection company who does NOT tell people there is no pick up on Tuesday.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

OFFICE MANAGERS: Leave me the He** ALONE!!! I work for the MAIN MAN. Don't you get it?? I DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOU!!! I DO NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY ACTIONS TO YOU. I HAVE BEEN HERE 4 YEARS LONGER AND I KNOW HOW THIS OFFICE RUNS BETTER THAN ANYONE. ALSO, SURPRISINGLY, I ACTUALLY DO KNOW HOW TO DO MY JOB. SERIOUSLY, YOU NEED TO BACK OFF!!! (Oh boy... that doesn't sound good does it?!?!)

DH: You have been encouraging me to start exercising again. Why when I finally decide to actually do it do you throw a complete hissy fit because I am going at 8:30 at night and not sitting at home with you while you have to BBQ the burgers? I got everything else ready. I am not eating right before I go running. Get used to it. Also, you want to spend time with me, fine. Do it when I come home at 5:00 before I take the kids to swim lessons and then have some "ME" time.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Oh Manda, I so hear you on the fruit flies thing. I always have fresh fruit in the house and the fruit flies are BEYOND annoying me right now.

Let's see..

Trashmen who freaking come at 8:30 ONE time when I don't get the trash out, they are normally never there until at least 10. The ONE morning I forget... bam. Bastards.

Ppl at work who do not know how to act like they are 40 years old.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

FULL TIME JOB: Pfft, I'm a woman. I shouldn't have to work. Working's for men with families.

SUMMER: Hot, sticky and children are home from school. Enough said.

FELLOW WORKER: You suck, you're gay and I don't like you. You are a very stupid young person who really isn't as cool as you THINK you are. Also, your braces are gross when you smile...and just because I'm being promoted to another department doesn't mean you are the god of this one. Shut up, do some work for a change and leave me alone.

DAUGHTER: Because you like to sneak behind my back and get on my computer without permission, and let other kids in the house and in my bedroom, while I'm at work to get on their myspace, I am now putting a password on the computer. BWAHAHAH! Eat that.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LMAO at this post- here are some I totally thought "Yes!" when I read them.

Manda- on the bra thing... I had a partial mastectomy in April and since I was about to be 30 and refused to look MORE lopsided, I got reconstruction. Then I though, what the heck if you've gotta put an implant under one side, why not both. So I went up to a 36D (woo hoo) which fits me well, but all of those cute bras with matching panties... yeah... they don't fit and they DON'T make as many cute ones in the bigger size.

The digital TV converter- first off, do you know ANYONE still operating off of rabbit ears? Some idiot will wander into circuit city in February with no clue about the change over too- you watch!

If I hear "SSTTTOOOPPP!!!!!!" in the whiniest voice he can muster one more time my head WILL blow up.

I also JUST cleaned up and my daughter has managed to ransack this place.

I have more but I'm off to work with my autism group. I'll be back with more!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
SUMMER: Hot, sticky and children are home from school. Enough said.

ITA! Plus the bugs. I hates bugs. And thanks to this thread, I now REALLY hate fruit flies.

Know-it-all-smart-alecky-too-cool-for-school 8 year old divas.

Toxic people.

"Mom? Mom? Mom? Mommommommommommommommommom?" For the love of all that's Holy, I can't answer you unless you pause and let me get a word in!

Michele
Old 07-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schock77 View Post

The digital TV converter- first off, do you know ANYONE still operating off of rabbit ears? Some idiot will wander into circuit city in February with no clue about the change over too- you watch!
Hey! We still use rabbit ears! But we already got a converter box and it works WONDERFULLY!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

MY socially inept boss. Who wanders into my cube silently, and then just stands there waiting for me to notice him. And then doesn't know to end a conversation and extends it 1543432 times talking about nonsense. And makes dumb jokes.

My fiancee's brother, who, as well all well know by now, is driving me completely insane. I even blogged about it today. It's THAT BAD.

My fiancee and his uncontrollable road rage. Red lights don't turn green just because you yell at them. People in the car in front of you don't go faster when you tailgate. People in the car 2 cars ahead don't turn faster, move faster, do anything you want them to because you are cursing at them. THEY CAN'T EVEN HEAR YOU!

Stupid drivers
Old 07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
I hear ya on the fruit flies...

but omg regular flys..we live near a horse farm..need I say more? lol

Shoulda called me when you were at the mall :P
I texted you when I was in town dummy!

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=Mandy;177770]FULL TIME JOB: Pfft, I'm a woman. I shouldn't have to work. Working's for men with families.

OMG...do I have to go out and hunt for dinner too?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

[quote=SirScrapalot;177868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
FULL TIME JOB: Pfft, I'm a woman. I shouldn't have to work. Working's for men with families.

OMG...do I have to go out and hunt for dinner too?
Yes, and cook it over fire please!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah8914 View Post
Hey! We still use rabbit ears! But we already got a converter box and it works WONDERFULLY!
Oops sorry... but really how do you live?!? LOL ... I don't think my family could survive without our directv!!

And YES those mosquitoes have also ruined my legs. Just when I was finally getting over my phobia about wearing shorts (I'm weird I know) and its 102 in Texas, the little f&*kers bite me.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
Red lights don't turn green just because you yell at them.
my kids think they do. They have a special li'l chant

have Jordan try this in a sing-songy voice

"Oh Mr Liggggggght. Could you please turn greeeeeeeeen. We'd realllllllllly appreeeeeeciaaaaaaaaaaate it."

it works! Sure sometimes it takes 5 times but it does work . Sometimes if Mr Light doesn't work on the 1st try maybe it is actually Mrs Light.

Last edited by meems; 07-23-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

woke up this morning feeling like Ive got the stomach flu. Hate being sick. It sucks big time
Old 07-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Totally laughing my butt off right now. And boy it feels good. When I sat down at the computer I was hacked off . . . and I just happened to stop by here, and just happened upon this post . . . and now I feel so much better. I'm not the only one. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW

But . . .I'll share my beefs anyway. LOL

DH: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That is all.

DD: if you complain one more time about how I never do anything with you, I'm gonna kick you in that tiny little behiney. If you would pick up after YOURSELF, then I wouldn't have to break my back all day picking up YOUR CRAP. Then perhaps I would be able to spend more time with you. Forget the hour I sat out in the heat with you so you could eat your lunch at the park and play for a little while. I was so hot and sweaty, your grandma thought I was having a heat stroke. Forget the 4 hours I spent at the pool yesterday with you and your annoying little friend who DRIVES ME INSANE. And the $20 I spent to get you there and let you snack, that I didn't have. And forget that I have been playing your ridiculous board games with you every night before bed all summer long . . . just to make you happy. Bad mommy.

WASHING DISHES BY HAND: my dishwasher doesn't work, my garbage disposal doesn't work. DH wont fix them or let me call someone who will. Enough said.

SWEAT: I hate to sweat, and yet it is all I do.

MY HAIR: It sucks. There is no other way to put it. And if DH complains about it or my weight one more time . . . . well, I just don't know what to say about that. SHUTUP.

da

Old 07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

hey manda - try pouring amonia down your drains in your kitchen and bath - i had the reappearing fruitflies for a LONG time, and i found that tip online, apparently the fruitflies like to live in the drains and then they reappear on you for your fruits!

now anytime i see a fruitfly i purge the drain with amonia, let it sit and then run HOT water down it for a while to get rid of the nasty amonia smell.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Little boys that refuse to clean their playroom and cause big bad momma to go find a black trash bag in the garage.

My dog that is adorable but terrified of thunder and is under my feet trembling and whining. Enough already! It is going to thunderstorm all day. Deal.

High school girls who wear tiny shorts with their cheeks hanging out and then get on the elliptical. My mother would have never let me out of the house wearing that and especially to a gym!

And finally- the mocking birds that keep flying into the dining room window. Please stop scaring the crap out of me. Watch where you are flying. (yes, we have something on the window but the window is huge and the birds are dumb)
Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Bleach in drains works too for the annoying little bugs!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

This child of mine who hasn't mentioned his friend Z since school let out but is suddenly desperate to play with him NOW, TODAY, NOW and thinks I can somehow make his friend's mother call me back & arrange a playdate to happen in the next 30 minutes.

oh and the toilets. One runs constantly, the other leaks. DH 'fixed' the leak on Saturday, making it worse (which he admits) but home repair can apparently only take place between noon and 4pm on Saturdays so I get to wipe up smelly 'toilet leak' from it until the next work window opens.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I only get free TV, too, Sarah, so it's not just you.

I haven't had cable for 6 years, and it's not so bad. I watch cable at my BF's house and otherwise just deal with only getting ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, UPN/CW, the Christian channel, & Fox. Sure cuts down on deciding what to watch! *lol*
Old 07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
my kids think they do. They have a special li'l chant

have Jordan try this in a sing-songy voice

"Oh Mr Liggggggght. Could you please turn greeeeeeeeen. We'd realllllllllly appreeeeeeciaaaaaaaaaaate it."

it works! Sure sometimes it takes 5 times but it does work . Sometimes if Mr Light doesn't work on the 1st try maybe it is actually Mrs Light.
I honestly almost just peed my pants picturing him doing this. BEST VISUAL EVER!!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Two more from me today:

The UPS man who thinks it's ok to jump over my fence just because the sprinkler is on. Come on man - there is a sign that says "No jumping the fence." Please READ it.

The a$$ hole down the road that continually harasses my dog. Then today, I come out and tell him to keep in walking and he had the nerve to tell me that he poisoned my cat and will do the same to my dog. ERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hahahahaha!! Oh this is a great thread!! And I thought all those things only happened to me!

I have fruitflies too and I'm going to go grab the bleach and pour it down the drains right now!

Yep kids home from school with me all day long, dentist appointments in the morning at 8:30 and we live an hour away. I'll have to get up at 5:00 to get the kids ready to be there on time. It's hot. And I too keep picking up the house over and over and over again all day long. They drag it out faster than I can keep up with it. And when it's time to put it all up they are sloooooooow very very sloooooow. And it's hot....
Old 07-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by schock77 View Post
Just when I was finally getting over my phobia about wearing shorts (I'm weird I know) and its 102 in Texas, the little f&*kers bite me.
I don't think it's a phobia, but I never wear shorts. I just don't think people would want to see these legs. I'm not comfortable showing them. I haven't worn shorts in years, except for a few times when I was pregnant with Kaylee. 9 months pregnant in August is not fun. LOL
Old 07-24-2008, 02:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hear ya on the fruit flies and the sinuses!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn View Post
I don't think it's a phobia, but I never wear shorts. I just don't think people would want to see these legs. I'm not comfortable showing them. I haven't worn shorts in years, except for a few times when I was pregnant with Kaylee. 9 months pregnant in August is not fun. LOL
I was the same way but finally DH helped me get over it- and let me tell you even when my legs look "bad", I'm so glad to be out of jeans during the summer! Go with Merona Bermudas from Target- not so hard for those of us with leg issues (which reminds me I need to get on my wii fit BAD!)

Old 07-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Two more from me today
The UPS man who thinks it's ok to jump over my fence just because the sprinkler is on. Come on man - there is a sign that says "No jumping the fence." Please READ it.

The a$$ hole down the road that continually harasses my dog. Then today, I come out and tell him to keep in walking and he had the nerve to tell me that he poisoned my cat and will do the same to my dog. ERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Paula - maybe he thinks the sign is for the dogs.....

Sorry about the crappy neighbor! I hope the cops cite him and hopefully he will leave you and your animals alone!!!

My vent for the day - DH's crappy a** brother who sits on his a** all day and does NOTHING. Even though I put all of our cleaning supplies in the bathroom that he is using.... still - NOTHING!!! I really, really dislike him.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

See my annoyance HERE!

I am also annoyed by fruit flies!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefamily View Post
Bleach in drains works too for the annoying little bugs!
that is what Mr Terminix told me when mentioning about them being in the drain and freaking me out forever.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaBean View Post
Mmk so..I'd like to share some of my annoyances this afternoon. Anyone want to join me?

CLOTHES: Buying clothing/bras at the mall which is over an hour away, not trying them on, and finding out that the size you wear in one brand isn't always the size you wear in another. Ya, could have been avoided, but I don't love to try on bras..the paparazzi might be watching.
OK...This is so me....why do I continue to do this??????

Proud to be creating for:

Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Those things are not fruit flies, they are fungus gnats. And yes, they are a total pain in the freaking butt. We get them really bad in the winter, lol...I have no idea why. They make me crazy. I've tried sucking them into a vaccuum and then covering the end with saran wrap, but they still got out. I tried this vinegar in a cup with saran wrap over it and holes in the top, but I only caught a handful. They are SO HARD to get rid of!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

fungus gnats . . . what a loooooooovely name.

my annoyance for today: my minivan needs a $500 repair. stupid check engine light came on and it is some sort of gas leak or something.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My washing died and I have a load of sopping wet clothes in there.