Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Ok, talk to me about Firefox 3 vs. Explorer

Ok, so I have been surfing around today, and have found a lot of sites talking about firefox 3. Now, I just saw a little spot on Yahoo! that says that they reccommend Firefox 3. I have only ever worked with IE...what are people's thoughts about Firefox 3 and IE? Should I make a change?

Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

kill ie. it is the devil. and.. you know, I know everything and shizz Firefox rules.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally agree with La here....IE is EVIL and Firefox RULES!!!!!

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yep, I've used Firefox for over a year now, and I would hate to have to go back to IE. I can't tell you what I like better cause I don't know. I just like it. How's that for an educated response?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I always use IE and never had a problem, I won't be switching any time soon.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Firefox hands down. i haven't used IE for 3 yrs!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I've also used Firefox for 3 years. IE is awful...it's full of security holes...my Norton catches a tracing cookie here or there now, but when I used IE it caught viruses and crap ALL THE TIME. IE also crashes a lot and I've only had Firefox crash in 3 years a few times...and it's always having to do with some ad that is on the Photobucket site. When I have to use IE it feels so antiquated!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Firefox all the way. I even have an add-on in firefox that allows me to view IE within firefox for those backwards sites that haven't upgraded, yet LOLOLOL
Old 09-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In addition to what they said - Firefox 3 is SUPA fast.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Another Firefox fan...I've been using it for years. IE is really buggy (what can ya say...it's a Microsoft product, lol)...it's got security holes, it doesn't read code as cleanly (webdesigners HATE IE, lol...because it will look perfect in all the other browsers, and IE will throw some stupid thing in there that takes forever to figure out where it is and fix it - can you tell it's happened to me more than once, lol), it crashes more often than Firefox. Plus in Firefox, you can spend LOTS of time looking for fun add-ons and stuff to enhance your online experience - I've got like a billion, lol.

I dunno...Firefox is just a WAY better product - it always has been. IE is slowly losing ground to the better browsers because consumers are becoming more aware of software and stuff. When I started with Firefox, many websites wouldn't work in it and would tell me to switch to IE. Now, most websites recommend Firefox in order to view it the way it was meant to be viewed (again - because of the way it reads code - many have just given up catering to IE, lol).
Old 09-14-2008, 11:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've used Firefox for so long that I forget there's another browser/IE until I have to use it at my fiance's or parents' house... and then it really annoys me.

You should switch based on the Facebook add-on alone, Aaron. You can know instantaneously when any of your friends changes their status, sends you a message, invites you to a group... it's like legal stalking.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg View Post
I've also used Firefox for 3 years. IE is awful...it's full of security holes...my Norton catches a tracing cookie here or there now, but when I used IE it caught viruses and crap ALL THE TIME. IE also crashes a lot and I've only had Firefox crash in 3 years a few times...and it's always having to do with some ad that is on the Photobucket site. When I have to use IE it feels so antiquated!
Lena!! I am haivng the same issue!! It seems to be some banner or blinkie here though...and a few other sites

Old 09-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I've used Firefox for so long that I forget there's another browser/IE until I have to use it at my fiance's or parents' house... and then it really annoys me.

You should switch based on the Facebook add-on alone, Aaron. You can know instantaneously when any of your friends changes their status, sends you a message, invites you to a group... it's like legal stalking.
La! You know me so well...I thought that facebook stalking was already an issue for me, I have facebook on my blackberry...but this is a whole new level of stalking...

Old 09-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If it weren't for anything else, I'd have firefox because of the add-ons that block the ads! Can you picture your internet experience without ever knowing that you are the 1,000,000th of a website? Or without all of those silly little games that when you play them cause pop-ups so you have to sit there and resist resist resist seeing if you can run faster than Santa? I just don't see them anymore! I just see the sites the way they are supposed to be!

I have the flash blocker too, but you can choose which sites to allow flash (i.e. Youtube) and can see that there is flash so you can choose to see it or not.

I just find my internet experience much more pleasant than it ever was in IE. So much cleaner. It's also faster, and I just feel like it's my choice which bars to have and IE will just install them for no reason whatsoever.

I have to use IE at work, so when I come home too Firefox it's like a breath of fresh air!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have installed it and I am playing with it right now...so far, I am in love with it.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

You all make me want to try it. But idk that I want to add anything else to my slow little computer right now.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 09-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nikkie...Firefox will run better than IE if your computer is running slowly. It doesn't have all the extras to make it run.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh...now I can't seem to remove IE from my computer...

Old 09-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No, you won't be able to remove it completely, Aaron. You can set FF as your default browser though and just remove the shortcut from your desktop.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

I have both. I prefer Firefox by far, but I love to play games. Can't do that in Firefox. Also, I run the live leaderboards on both nascar.com and foxsports for my nascar races. Can't do that in Firefox for some reason. Those reasons and the fact my dh is resistant to change are why I keep IE.
Firefox is SO much faster that I am impatient with IE, but I deal with it in the few cases that I must,lol.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Firefox all the way. I even have an add-on in firefox that allows me to view IE within firefox for those backwards sites that haven't upgraded, yet LOLOLOL
Darcy, I've scoured the firefox add on site and still can't find that add on,lol. Could you tell me what it is? If I had that, I could at least forgo going to IE to go to my msn groups.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Brooke, have you tried the "IE Tab" extension for Firefox? It forces that tab to read code like IE and display like IE. I haven't used it yet, but I know there are some websites that holdout switching, so I got it just in case I run into one.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke W View Post
Darcy, I've scoured the firefox add on site and still can't find that add on,lol. Could you tell me what it is? If I had that, I could at least forgo going to IE to go to my msn groups.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419
Old 09-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I FF!!!! I don't use anything but it! I do, however, have the IE tabs for those pages that require IE. I couldn't imagine not having FF!! I also loooove my colorful tabs!!
Old 09-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the IE extension link!

I should add that I use the colorful tabs, the facebook tool bar, the google extension and an extension called coffeecup that will open sites according to your own preferences.
I do love firefox,lol.
Now, if I could only play games and watch my nascar stuff,lol.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nov05mama

'nuff said

Although, I have been playing with Google Chrome and I do like it too...but I miss the FireFox add-ons, so I won't be switching completely to Chrome until they get add-ons

Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just switched over to firefox a couple of days ago. I have made it my default browser on both my laptop and desktop. Although I don't like change, I am getting used to it, and it does seem less bulky and runs a bit faster (or so it seems).

Just try it out for a few days and see what you think. Doesn't hurt to give it a whirl.

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->
Old 09-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Wow, I just downloaded firefox to try it out. I have been using Safari, which I like, but it's not very customizable. Firefox is much faster and it imported all my bookmarks and settings from Safari, it was so cool!!! Now All I need to do is find a cool theme and a few cool add-ons!!

My Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Old 09-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

another FF lover!!

ahh colorful tabs..are my friend

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 09-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another FF lover here too!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nov05mama View Post

'nuff said

Although, I have been playing with Google Chrome and I do like it too...but I miss the FireFox add-ons, so I won't be switching completely to Chrome until they get add-ons
NOOOOOO!!!!
Throw Google Chrome away... delete every trace of it being on your system!!! Immediately if not sooner.

A exerpt from their EULA

Quote:
11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.
So basically anything you type on your blog, myspace, youtube etc via Google Chrome can be used by them in any way they see fit without paying you a dime!
So basically they can edit it and reuse it and claim it as their own, as long as they do it through Chrome.

I removed mine immediately!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Oooh that's scary Brooke. I love firefox!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to juliemarie

I've been using firefox for a couple years, love it! I like all the different add-ons you can choose from.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Looks like the Google Chrome EULA has been changed t
Quote:
11. Content license from you
11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
I admit it. I've pretty much switched to Google Chrome. I did love Firefox but now for some reason my Firefox3 seems slow, esp on start up and that drives me crazy. Google Chrome feels faster and lighter. I do miss the lovely add-ons but realize I didn't use them all that much.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another Firefox lover here!! One thing I've noticed...ever since I upgraded to Firefox 3, I experience browser crashes SO much more often!! I hardly ever had that problem with Firefox 2.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Laurie, I had problems with Firefox 3 on my old computer...but I've narrowed it down to the fact that there was a problem with my computer, lol. I haven't had a single crash on this new computer (with only 1GB of RAM - my old one had 2GB).