Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Question Hybrid Girls- HELP!!!

Hey girls! Ok, so I am not a hybrid girl. Me and glue, not such a good idea! (LOL) Anyway, I want to make a baby photo album for my cousins new baby that is due at the end of the month. I want to do it digitally and just leave the spaces for them to put in pics of their choice. My problem is I don't know how to go about leaving the places for pics. Do I cut out the holes and they glue the pics to the back where they show through the holes or they just cut their pics and glue to the area the pic is supposed to go? This also leaves the pics unprotected and they could get messed up pretty easily. Are there some kind of plastic sleeves you can glue to the back for the pics to go into?
I just don't know how to go about this. I really want to give them this when the baby is born so any help is greatly appreciated! I know you girls will have some great ideas. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

So if I understand you correctly, you're making the pages digitally. If thats correct, here's what I'd do.

First I would make the size a normal printable scrapbook size like 8x8 or 12x12. Then I'd make the pages just like you would with any other digital page, but leave white spaces (with maybe a notation of "x" or "picture here") where the pictures would go on the page. I would also leave journaling lines or obvious journaling areas to fill in after the baby is born. Additionally, I'd buy some thin paper scrapping elements such as stickers, die-cuts, etc. to glue on top of the digitally printed page. Then when the parents use glue dots or whatever to add the pics to the top of the page, they won't stick out so much. The pages can then be slipped into a normal paper scrapping album.

Hope this makes sense!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I did this for a friend a little while ago. I designed my pages digitally and left the white spaces where the photos would go, then I printed them out and cut out the spaces with an exacto knife. This gives them the ability to place the pics behind the page. I made mine 8x8 and kept it simple with only one or two photos per page, so I wouldn't have to do too much cutting. They really llike it, I can't remember if I took pics for not, but if I find them, I will post,

My Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks girls for your suggestions. Will try these and see how they work.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I was just wondering about this, too. When my niece was born 4 years ago, I made her a scrapbook for my sister to fill in for her first year. I paperscrapped then. She's due again this summer and I wasn't sure what to do for her now. This is a good idea.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I've made a few of these albums as baby gifts. What I've done in the past is cut out a mat of, say- a little larger than 4x6. Then they can glue their picture on that. I've even done a double mat and embellished the "frame'. I made a few smaller sizes too, so they could add a cropped photo on top. I've never done one with a cut out though.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcaudle View Post
I designed my pages digitally and left the white spaces where the photos would go, then I printed them out and cut out the spaces with an exacto knife. This gives them the ability to place the pics behind the page.
This is exactly what I've done in this situation. I, too, do 8x8" pages and design everything digitally and then use my Exacto to cut out the spot for the photos.

I go ahead and put the pages into page protectors and then add them to the book, with a white piece of paper between the pages so that it looks nice and clean (since the pages are back-to-back and you can see through the holes that were cut).

Easy, and the ones I've given as gifts have been a HUGE hit!