Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default O/T - Cloth Diaper Mom's

Talk to me about cloth wipes. What do you use? How do you use them? Do you have them in a solution? What solution? How do you store them? What do you have in the diaper bag.

I just realized this is the ONLY thing I haven't thought about and planned out The babe will be here in less than a month!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just use the cheap gerber ones you can get in a packet of 5... you can make them with terry or flannel fabric too... you'll need a lot... I have 3 dozen and I have to wash every other day.

You know those squirt bottles you get at the hospital for washing your girly bits after you've had a baby? Make sure you take that home... I fill it with water and one squirt of baby wash and just spray it on the wipe before wiping his bottom. I don't soak a bunch a day like some people do.

Or, you can fill an old wipes container with your wipes and then empty your squirt bottle in there every day... but I find that having to clean out the container every day is a pain just easier for me to squirt one washcloth.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

and do you just take the squirt bottle with you in the diaper bag or do you have 2?
Old 05-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

well, I don't like carrying around a big diaper bag so we use sposies when we go out... but you can just wet the cloth in the sink if you're in a bathroom
Old 05-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use flannel wipes Imse Vimse http://www.imsevimse.co.uk/shop.pab?category=563|567 (I have 2 dozens) and wash them with diapers every other day. And I have 2 small 30 ml squirt bottles that are filled with a solution of water and natural wash oil. For me it's easier to squirt the baby's bottom and wipe it with the cloth. One bottle is at home and one in the diaper bag.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I took old baby blankets (the flannel ones) and cut them down with some thin terry cloth towels, and sewed up my own (one soft side, one nubbie side), and it took about 30 min to do. I had tons as you'll need tons. When we went out, I had a small baggie I kept some wet ones in and a another baggie for dirty ones. I just tossed them in with the diapers. I used a solution bottle at home like everyone else.

I did keep a small travel sized disposable pouch with me, when we were out, just in case it was a BIG mess that happens occasionally, especially with BF babies.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I used regular wipes, as in disposable ones. I figured by giving my baby cloth diapers I was entitled to some luxury, and disposable wipes was the only thing I didn't make cloth. It worked out well for us

Pouring my creative self into perfection made by Ju Kneipp
Old 05-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We use velour/velour wipes. We have had them for a couple years and they still look new. I have a wipe warmer that just has water in it. I just dunk the wipe and wring it out when we need one. For on the go I have a very small wet bag that I keep dry wipes in. Before we leave I dump some water over them and off we go.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I made mine out of flannel on one side and terry on the other. You can also use Gerber washcloths. I fold them in 1/2, stack them, and put them in a sposie wipes container. I keep them damp. If you mix a bit of lavender oil in the water, it won't get musty (and I live in super-humid louisiana). I have small wetbags that I take with us when we go out. I keep the wet wipes in the small one, and if we have to change while we're out, I put the used diaper and wipe in the larger one and then dump them all in the diaper pail when we get home.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I got a bunch of homemade wipes as samples with my diapers. Most were flannel. Some were velour. I did buy some from somewhere on HyenaCart, but I can't remember where. Then I had wipe solution from Monkey Sudz, which is now Naturally Luxe. I would mix up a solution in a spray bottle and spray his hiney with it when I needed it. I kept a smaller spray bottle in the diaper bag.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I didn't cloth diaper, but I did use cloth wipes. I bought a load of those cheapie baby facecloths, and just wet them each time. I had a special bucket in my laundry room I soaked them in if I didn't wash daily, but I almost always did.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I made my own out of flannel...doubled the flannel and serged them. I was fortunate enough at home that the changing table was the bathroom counter. I just used warm water from the tap. I did bring some when we went out, but I also used disposable ones when we were out...same with disposable diapers.