Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Default Hair Help Please Ladies

Ok here is the deal, most of my teen years were spent with long hair, and my adult years I have had short hair. Right now I am trying to grow it again and it is driving my crazy, but my hubby says I have come this far I shouldn't cut it, but then he also said it hasn't looked 'all that great for the last 6 months either'.. Help what should i do

This is my short and my avatar is what I have so far

HELP
C

Old 06-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Keep growing it out! Long hair requires much less maintenance, lol!

I've been buying these really cute adult headbands on etsy... girleegirls.etsy.com and mixbaby.etsy.com ...right now my hair is layered (shortest is chin length, longest is shoulder), but when I originally got them my hair was at about my bra strap...they look good with any length of hair, I think! Just an option for days when you want do "something" with your hair but not put a lot of effort into it, lol...
Old 06-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I think it looks your hair looks great either way. I love your curls in your avie, are they natural?? While I think it's important what your husband thinks, you should wear it however it makes YOU happy. Most men that I know like longer hair better, but he's not the one that has to take care of it. I colored mine alot darker for 6 years for my exhusband and HATED every minute of it! Now it's all natural and super, super long which is the way that I love it.

if you're undecided, I vote for longer though!! lol

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 06-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

as far as I can tell, your avie hair looks good. if you want long hair, i guess just stay the course . . .
Old 06-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am exactly like you. Since I was in 4th grade, I've had a wedge. Now, I've been growing my hair out. But, it was unmanageable and just plain needing styling. So, I got a trim and had it cut into a bob. It looks adorable.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am the complete opposite. I have had the same hairstyle for 20+ years. It was down to my bra strap and long layered. I had to spend 1/2 an hour just curling it every day because it's very fine and very straight. And that was on top of blowdrying so it took me like 40 minutes to do my hair every day. I hated it. I got it cut last may, to my chin in one of those flip up styles. It literally took me 10 minutes tops to do my hair, no more curling iron! I loved it, everyone else loved it, said I looked much younger. DH HATED it, wouldn't even talk to me for 2 days. It's been a year and even tho it's grown a few inches since then and I told him I'm growing it back out he still comments on how much he dislikes my short hair. I want to just say the heck with him and go back to the short cut but I don't like listening to him! So I say do what you like cause I sure don't! LOL!

Old 06-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballance View Post
I think it looks your hair looks great either way. I love your curls in your avie, are they natural?? While I think it's important what your husband thinks, you should wear it however it makes YOU happy. Most men that I know like longer hair better, but he's not the one that has to take care of it. I colored mine alot darker for 6 years for my exhusband and HATED every minute of it! Now it's all natural and super, super long which is the way that I love it.

if you're undecided, I vote for longer though!! lol
My hubby is actually one of the few men out there that likes short hair better, but it was his idea to try to grow it, I was tired of getting it cut every 3-4 weeks to keep it nice and short
C

Old 06-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I say WHATEVER you do, make sure you go to someone who knows what the heck they are doing!! I got my hair cut a week ago by someone recommended to me and HE BUTCHED MY HAIR!!! I had been growing it out for 6+ months and it's all short again. Just in time for my trip to Hawaii next month. P.S. This cut cost $50! AHHHHH!!!!

sorry to rant...i think you should grow it out a bit more and then get a cute medium length style. =)