Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Ghosts?

I swear I just saw one! I was just in the kitchen with Kaylee pouring her a drink of water and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk past the kitchen door out in the living room, like gliding, but his/her legs were moving. I thought it was Kristen coming back downstairs from her room but nope, she's still up there. Eek! Anyone else ever deal with the "other side"?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I've had a few in places that we've lived and I have always said that as long as they are nice, don't throw things across the room and green goo doesn't start oozing out of my walls then they can stay. I think that it's almost inevitable any where you go there is going to be a few hanging around. Would be interesting to learn the history of the property your house is on or of your house. Find out who it might be and what happened to them.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

OMG, that would freak me out so badly!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

Ooooo, creeepy! I never had an experience and hope I never will. IDK what I'd do - probably something like freeze and pee on myself! I totally believe in ghosts and that they're all over the place - I don't need to see them to believe. OK guys...really - I know you're there! No need to prove yourselves!

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 07-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sometimes feel like someone is watching me after I get into bed and turn out the lights. It's a freaky feeling! Our house was built in '86 and I've heard this whole subdivision was built on a swamp. Maybe our house is built on top of a dead body....oooooohhhh....
Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I had a ghost who watched over me when I was an infant. We lived in an apartment in the Bronx (near the EL train and in the flight path of JFK, lol) and my nursey was in one of the bedrooms. My mom would rock me to sleep in a rocking chair, and then put the chair up against the wall when she tucked me in and left. Many mornings she would come in and the chair was pulled away from the wall and rocking next to my crib (and it wasn't my Dad because my mom is a super light sleeper and would've known if he left the bed).

Also, if the window was open or closed when mom left, and the room got hot or cold, the window would be taken care of (Ie if it was open when mom left and the room got cold overnight, in the morning the window would be closed, and vice versa).

I kinda like that I had someone watching over me when I was so little
Old 07-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby's grandmother used to "haunt" us for the longest time. I was convinced she was watching my kids.

These are hard to share because I don't believe in this stuff!!!!

Her first visit was moments after we got the call that she passed. DS was 2 years old and her only great grand child. I went in to check on him. He's a very sound sleeper and NOTHING would ever wake him up. He had already been in bed for two hours. When I walked into his room his lights were on. He was sitting in the center of the bed staring into the corner with a big smile on his face. I said, "Alex, what are you doing?" He replied with "Goodbye gramma." He then laid down and was asleep in moments. It was the weirdest thing.

The next one was with my DD whom Great Grandma never met. One afternoon I had laid Annika on my bed for a nap. She must have been about 2 months. Much too young to be rolling over. I set some pillows around her and ran downstairs to check something. A few minutes later I heard a big THUMP and just knew Annika had fallen off the bed, but I didn't hear her cry. As I was running up the stairs I saw a vision (I swear I'm not a freak). I saw hands picking her up and putting her down safely. I finally got to my room and Annika was sound asleep on the floor next to the cradle. There is NO way she could have fallen there.

The cradle has been in my DH's family since before his dad was born. His grandma (the one that haunts us) used it with all 11 of her kids. It was a really big deal that we use it for our kids. Since we've moved and I've returned the cradle back to my MIL we haven't had any visits from Grandma.

I never felt threatened by her, just that she was watching my kiddos. It's a totally weird feeling and again, I don't believe in this crap!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

My grandma passed only a month before my oldest was born. I was still in school, so my cousin watched him. Mind you, I did not see this, but my cousin is on my dad's side of the family and my grandma, my mom's. (My cousin had never seen my grandma as the divorce was very early in my life!)

Anyway - long story - another time. I got home from school and my cousin pulled me aside. She asked me if my grandma had dark brown but salt and peppery hair -- I said yes. Glasses? Yes. Short hair? Short in height? Yes. Yes.

She said that when she walked into the kitchen (where Lane was in the swing) from the living room - she saw my grandma standing next to him. She was smiling down at him.

So even though I'm not a firm believer in ghosts - I am in guardian angels - and I know that she was just checking in on him!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When I was 11 years old, I was playing with a friend on the train tracks. Well, I fell and got my foot caught in the railing similar to what happened to Buddy on Fried Green Tomatoes. I could NOT get free and a train was coming. I just knew I was going to die and all I could hear was my friend Donna screaming at me.

The next thing I know, I am across the train tracks lying on the ground with a beautiful lady in a white lace dress looking down at me. She didn't say anything to me, just looked at me. She was the most beautiful lady I had ever seen. Once Donna saw me, the lady just disappeared.

Three years later when I was 14, we went to California to visit my dad's family. We went to his Aunt Ethel's home. She was giving us a tour of her house, and in the last room, there on the wall was a photo of that beautiful lady in the white dress that I had carried me over the train tracks.

It was my great grandmother Ellen who had died in 1953 of stomach cancer.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was younger I would see things all the time. When I just a toddler I had a pet cat who was all white....she was my best friend and was always laying around me or cuddling me.

Well when I was about 8 or 9 years old, I was sleeping in my room. I heard something so I woke up. At the edge of my bed was my cat Bunny. I could hear her purring and she was just staring at me with her little tail swooping back and forth. It was so weird but at the same time I just smiled because I knew she was just dropping by to say hi.

I believe very much in the supernatural. I think there are all kinds of spirits around us. Most just want to watch over us. Like our gardian angels.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Oh, these stories are giving me the chills!!! I totally believe in spirits/guardian angels.

We have a ghost in my parent's house although we have never actually seen him. His name is Sylvester. He died there about 5 years before my parents bought the house. He turns the tv's on and off, opens & closes doors, goes in and out the back gate, has turned my dad's alarm clock upside down on numerous occasions, runs the water, etc. He's totally harmless and really doesn't come around much except for around the holidays and his birthday.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, amazing stories! I totally believe in ghosts and all that supernatural stuff!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nov05mama

I believe more in angels/demons vs. ghosts...I truly believe that we have angels (including past relatives) all around us, so I guess in a sense, they are "ghosts" in that they aren't alive. They say that kids can see them too...I remember my DS "seeing" someone before when no one was there (he was maybe 10 months old) and was cooing and talking (babbling) to them...not terribly long after that, he saw a picture of my grandfather (who died when I was 4) and he smiled and said grandpa...totally freaked me out...but I wonder a lot if it was my grandpa that came to visit him that day...or some day...

Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow, i just love reading this experiences! No surprise that my favorite show is Ghost Hunters on SciFi channel. I love it cause they don't go in there expecting it to be ghosts. they try to debunk the happeninengs; trying to find other explanations for why things are happening. but when they can't explain it, they are okay with saying some places are haunted. And they have caught some interesting stuff on video!

I personally have been in places where i 'feel' like something is there but can't quite figure it out. while Chad was at Walter Reed Army hospital in DC and we were living in this apartment i thought i saw a shadow silouhette of a man on the wall of our hallway, kinda like someone was standing in the doorway of DD's room with the light on behind him. But DH had already gone to bed and i didnt hear any noise. then it was gone. I kinda had wierd feelings in that apartment. i wasn't afraid, but i think something was there.

I do believe in spirits and ghosts. as long as they don't cause any harm i have no problem with them.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Eeeek!! How scary! I would have flipped out!

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

when I was young my dad died in our home of a heartattack. FOr years the tv would change channels at the time his favorite shows would come on on a tv which was not controlled by a remote. It had buttons that you had to push. (one of those old tvs that were in a wood cabinet that sat on the floor) then I was playing a card game with my sister's boyfriend and there was a large glass in a cabinet about six or so feet away that suddenly came across the room and shattered in the middle of the table. The cabinet was closed and the glass was not on the edge. There was a large log that you couldnt move and it rolled over one night to our window. There were alot more though.

Then when my son was young he would sit in our kitchen and have conversations with someone. I would think he was talking to me then you would hear no Im not going to do that. Dont tell me to i'll get in trouble. Id ask my son who he was talking to and he would look at me and say "my friend" OK that one time was kinda creepy.

One last instance I was at the cemetary visiting my neices and nephews graves(they died really young before my son was even born) and he was with me and I asked him if he knew who they were because he had never really heard anyone talk about them and he said they were his angels. Now mind you we dont go to church and had never spoken about angels to him to that point. I think he was around maybe three or four? I believe they are still around us and that does make me very happy.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

also if anyone is interested in sharing these types of stories or reading them you can go to www.unsolvedmysteries.com It is a ,essageboard not affiliated with the show but has tons of good stories and you can post you own
Old 07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
I do believe in spirits and ghosts. as long as they don't cause any harm i have no problem with them.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

spooky! one of my h.s. friends had a ghost in her house for sure. i honestly don't know if i truely believe in the other side in that way. i believe that when we pass our bodies go to definate places according to the way you lived your life for Jesus (i believe what the bible says on that subject), but it really seemed like she did. her closet doors would always slam for no reason...like slam and then her two dogs would come into the room start to sniff and then bark at the closet doors...really weird!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
When I was 11 years old, I was playing with a friend on the train tracks. Well, I fell and got my foot caught in the railing similar to what happened to Buddy on Fried Green Tomatoes. I could NOT get free and a train was coming. I just knew I was going to die and all I could hear was my friend Donna screaming at me.

The next thing I know, I am across the train tracks lying on the ground with a beautiful lady in a white lace dress looking down at me. She didn't say anything to me, just looked at me. She was the most beautiful lady I had ever seen. Once Donna saw me, the lady just disappeared.

Three years later when I was 14, we went to California to visit my dad's family. We went to his Aunt Ethel's home. She was giving us a tour of her house, and in the last room, there on the wall was a photo of that beautiful lady in the white dress that I had carried me over the train tracks.

It was my great grandmother Ellen who had died in 1953 of stomach cancer.
oh heavens! this thread has given me complete body goosebumps...but this story paula....so touching. make a movie.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Yep! Abby had a little boy ghost attached to her for a while when she was 2. I saw him once. We had/have ghosts in my parents home. Water turned on, doors shut, etc. I totally believe in them.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think my neighbor (apt across the hall) is dealing with one right now. She said her little boy (3 years old) wakes up in the middle of the night telling her that he sees a boy playing on the floor. He points at him and everything but she can't see him. Last night he called for her and said the boy was walking on the walls.. EEEK! Then, today while she was cooking dinner, she heard a little boy's voice say "Mommy", but when she answered thinking it was her son, he wasn't there.

I truly believe my grandfather visits my grandmother on the anniversary of his death every year. Too many "coincidences" happen on that day.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

I've never had a personal encounter and as I grew older, I started to doubt a bit. But I'm a huge fan of Ghost Hunters myself as well. Some of the things they encounter WILL send chills down your spine. And yah, they do go in there to first debunk whatever's happening. I love that show.
And I believe that there are things going on we just weren't meant to understand.
These are such cool stories you're all sharing.