Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny
Default So mad I could SPIT!!! (long)

I am so damn angry right now I can hardly even handle it. This might get long, so if you're up for it, grab yourself a coke and get comfy....

So, as you may or may not know, I've been looking for a job for this fall. I've been a SAHM for almost seven years and time are tough for us financially right now so we determined it was time for me to get a job. I've been applying to tons of jobs, many of them with the school district so I'd have roughly the same schedule as my oldest son in 1st grade. I've applied to about 9 different school jobs and only gotten three interviews. One was a job I didn't get, one was a job I was SURE I wasn't going to get after the interview, and one is a job that I have an interview for NEXT week.

So things have been looking pretty bleak in the job department and my DH has been saying that any job will do at this point as long as I'm brining in some income.

Cut to about an hour ago when I get a call from the principal that I interviewed with last week for health/office assistant at an elementary school. This is the job that I was sure I wouldn't get because the interview went weird, in my opinion. Ok, so he OFFERS ME THE JOB!!! I couldn't believe it!! I immediately accepted and ran upstairs to tell DH. He's totally excited for me and hugs me and tells me congrats and I'm feeling on top of the WORLD because I have been stressing so much over this job situation.

So, after I calm down I remind Jeff that this is the job that isn't quite full-time. Its 3/4-time (5.25 hours/day). His face falls. He's dissappointed. Its not going to be quite the amount of money he thought I'd be bringing in. Its still about $10k more than I'm brining in NOW, but apparently thats all of a sudden not good enough.

I'm totally crushed. I feel like he just took this amazing thing that happened to me, to our FAMILY, and stomped all over it. So I get really upset and start crying and he's just like, "Its fine. Its just not what I expected. But its fine". Um, no a$$hole. Its better than fine. Its freaking amazing. I've been out of the workforce for almost seven years (and before that I was in college and never really worked a "real" job). I'm not as qualified for this job as much as some of the other applicants (this is what the principal said), but they feel like I would mesh well with their office staff and that I'll be a quick learner and that they can tell that I have a passion for working with kids (all of this came straight from the principals mouth). So yeah. You can just stop right now with your "pouting" and be FREAKING HAPPY FOR ME!!!!

Seriously. If he wasn't about to leave for work (he works nights) I would pack up my crap and take my boys to my mom's house for the night. I'm furious. And really really hurt.

Screw him.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

So, so sorry Jenny Congratulations on nabbing the job though!!! Whoo hoo! Men are dense.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Jenny, that sucks. I for one, am VERY proud of you. I think it's awesome that you were offered the job, and one that works for your family. Screw him! I can't blame you for being hurt, I'd be devestated if DH did that to me.

I don't even know what to say, I know how much you've been stressed about this, so that makes it even worse. Boo to him and ((hugs)) for you.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Men can be so dumb. CONGRATS on the job!!!! That's totally awesome news!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awww Jenny, that stinks! I'm so sorry that he wasn't more supportive!

I think it's amazing and I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

((hug)) ugh jeff does that A LOT so i know how you feel. But i am soooo happy for you guys!! Congrats! ((hug))
Old 07-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tracey

aww Jenny! I hate that he acted like that!! I can just imagine how excited you are to get this job though!!! Congrats Girl!!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Awww, I'm sorry. Men just don't get it sometimes. I'm happy for you. I'd love to get a job working in the schools. Maybe I could prove my worth so that they'd consider me for a teaching job. I've been an unemployed teacher now since I graduated from college ... (had kids, worked elsewhere... blah blah blah) and now that I'm looking I think everyone assumes I'm damaged goods a/k/a no good. I'm glad the principal was able to see your potential for what it is ... I'm very happy and proud of you!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Go Jennyyyyy Go Jennny Go Jennnnyyyy Go Jennnyy!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you for getting a job that's going to help out your family! I know how stressed out you've been about all this, and this is just awesome for you!!

SCREW DH! You rock my socks BIG hugs girl! I know he'll come around and see how awesome this is!
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the job! i know how you feel about getting your heart stomped on ((hugs))

Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Jenny, congratulations on the new job! How exciting! Now remind DH that this job gets your foot in the door so it will be easier to move to FT next year if need be....better this job than NO job...Men, they just don't get it sometimes.

Penny
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Springmann View Post
Jenny, congratulations on the new job! How exciting! Now remind DH that this job gets your foot in the door so it will be easier to move to FT next year if need be....better this job than NO job...Men, they just don't get it sometimes.
My thoughts exactly! Big Congrats!!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Couldn't have said it better . . .

CONGRATS BIG TIME on getting the job - you should be SOOOO proud of yourself and dancing on the tables!!! You rock girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Springmann View Post
Old 07-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations on the job!!! As SAHMs, we aren't told very often that we are talented, smart, funny, or whatever, so I know it must have felt SO wonderful to hear the principal tell you how terrific you are. I'm sorry your parade was rained on by your hubby. Maybe he'll realize that his stress about the money shouldn't overshadow is affection and gratitude and make you feel like the queen you are!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

CONGRATULATIONS
JENNY!!!

And I don't blame you one bit for being pissed at hubby and hurt by his reaction. He should be proud and jumping for joy with you. He obviously reacted without engaging his brain first, which doesn't excuse him one bit, but just remind yourself of what an amazing accomplishment this is and focus on that. You deserve to celebrate!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the new job!!! That's really cool, around here school system jobs are hard to come by, and we don't do anything near 3/4 time...it's all or nothing...that is awesome for you...as for your DH

I have to say...we are a dense bunch us men, and we are dumb sometimes...now saying that, I am truly the exception ...ex.
my wife just revealed that she is starting to write a book, so I bought her a new computer as a surprise..

Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Your first job back in the workforce after being a SAHM? That's FABULOUS! I think DHes who've been in the workforce non-stop just don't understand how hard it is to get someone to give you a chance when you want to go back. I've got a while yet (still pregnant with our last child), but I'm so worried about being qualified for ANYTHING when the time comes. Congrats on the job and on impressing the principal enough that he or she chose you over more highly qualified applicants!

Last edited by rach3975; 07-28-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Men really are dumb. Does he not know that any income is better than no income, duh?

Don't let him get to you. Be proud of yourself and be excited. That sounds like a rockin' job, and only 5 hours a day sounds like an excellent schedule. Tell him if you were working full time, he would have to split all household chores 50/50, so he better be happy!
________
Triumph Sprint ST

Last edited by hayatiggs; 01-22-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry your hubby is being such a jerk! I'm getting similar crap from my hubby and am OVERLY stressed about it! I am sure he will realize what he said.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the new job! I know after you get it all settled into it it will be as wonderful as you hope! I am sorry you where hurt hugs hugs
Old 07-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1st off HOORAY JENNY!
Congrats, Congrats, Congrats on the new job...AWESOME!

Second...Screw hubby-that was a mean thing to do to you!

GOOOOOO JENNY!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

congrats, Jenny! that's very exciting news.

sorry about DH's reaction
Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats, Jenny! I think that's an awesome achievement!! Color me jealous of you being able to get a job.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Jenny! I'm sorry about your DH's reaction.

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on landing that job, Jenny!!

Men just don't think sometimes...and they don't realize how hard it is for a SAHM to find work once they're ready to go back...especially into a field like you are (I don't know about there, but up here, the budgets for schools are getting cut back and jobs in the school district are hard to come by).
Old 07-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

yeah..it is totally our job to be like WOHOO on that ten point honey..you are the best..but they can't be happy for us when we have AWESOME and AMAZING things happen to us...design team wise..i am like HONEY..guess what when i was made the teams i made and he was like..umm..yeah, well, how much does it pay...........................UGH..why why why...it pays my happiness and creativity

girlfriend..DO NOT let him steal this moment from ya...you relish in YOUR joy the joy that you were filled with when you were first called for the JOB..celebrate...do something amazing for yourself, too! You deserve it!

so many times..they JUST dont' get it...how sticking that pin in our balloon deflates us completley ugh!

awesome news for you though! wohoooooooooooo! congrats! xoxo

Old 07-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on getting the job Jenny!!! I knew something would come your way with the schools!

Sorry your DH is being a jerkface about it though But I think starting out with a 3/4 time job after being a SAHM for 7 years would be the way to go anyway. I'd much rather do that than jump straight back into a full time job, besides there's always the chance that your hours could be increased at some point I'm sure.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Yay Jenny!!! I'm so happy you found something!!!!

Kick DH in the ass though.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That really sucks!! Awesome about the job though. Once the money starts coming in Im sure itll be a different story.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats sweety!! I am so sorry that such a huge amazing thing has to be bittersweet for you!! I hope that you realise how amazing you are!! Dont let your hubby get ya down!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry he responded that way Jenny. Just enjoy that you got the job and look forward to your extra income. Your DH will come around when the first check comes in. =)
Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Congrats on the job, hun!!! I hope he learns to appreciate it!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i'll freaking gut him like a fish! no one talks to my jenny like that. no one. wow...that was vivid, violent and totally appropritate! LOL!!

i love you jen! i am sooo happy for you. you deserve all the congrats and yahoo's cause you have worked your tail off to provide for your family and there is nothing more you can do! you did it. your a working fool, like the rest of us!! we're so going for margs on friday.

awkward high five!

(i'm call the shark)
Old 07-28-2008, 11:44 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry he reacted wrong

On a positive note- that job sounds WONDERFUL!! And what an amazing compliment that you got it!! You should be really thrilled! Frankly when I worked fulltime I had to put my son into before/after school daycare and that ate up a bunch of money. I bet the 3/4 time schedule would be an excellent fit if you don't have to worry about the before/after school care. That sounds perfect in fact! Congrats on the job!!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Yay Jenny congrats on the job!!!!

3/4 time is better than 0 time, or 1/2 time And who knows, this could just be a stepping stone to something bigger and better!!! Chin up, we love ya and we're all doing the happy dance for you!!!!!! yyyyaaaaaaaaaayyyy Jenny!!!!!!

Also creating layouts for Pickleberry Pop
Old 07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

Congrats Jenny!

Hope he comes to his senses, I really don't know WTF he was expecting.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 07-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on getting the job! I'm so sorry it's not the reaction you were looking for. It hurts so much when that happens. But, if it matters at all, we're all proud of you!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ah men are dumb!!! Congrats on the job...that is so awesome!!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yay, Jenny! WTG! This is an amazing opportunity for you, and I'm so glad it happened.

As for DH - perhaps he needs a little sit down chat with Lizzy, eh?

Old 07-29-2008, 01:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Knowing how difficult this job market is, I have to say a very big congratulations to you and getting the job, especially in the field you wanted.
Hopefully your DH will reconsider his initial reaction and treat you to something. I know my DH sometimes sticks his foot in his mouth in such matters and then makes up for it later (in fact he did that just last Thursday). Maybe he had just been paying the bills which is why his initial reaction was less than enthusiastic and inappropriate. Regardless, I hope he comes around and realizes what a happy event this is.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at:
Old 07-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, first of all, congrats on the job! That's awesome and I can only imagine how much that will help! Every little bit is something, right?!

So sorry that the hubby wasn't more supportive! That's so sucky!!!! i am sure that once he relizes how awesome it is for you and how even a little bit more can help, he will be more supportive.....well I hope so anyways. {{hugs}}
Old 07-29-2008, 04:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww Jenny... I'm so sorry! Men are such idiots.

Congratulations girl! It sounds like a totally fun job and perfect for you mommy schedule!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you kidding me?? What you just did is TREMENDOUS! I can't imagine how much courage and guts you had to go forth and get a job after being an SAHM for that long. Congratulations on getting a GOOD job, one you'll be able to do excellently! *hugs*
Old 07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Jenny - those jobs are hard to get! You should feel proud of yourself and don't worry about him right now. Another thing, you have your foot in the door now too - you'll be one of the first to know when other positions open and have an advantage because you're already an employee. Good for you!

Happy to create for:
Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy View Post
i'll freaking gut him like a fish! no one talks to my jenny like that. no one. wow...that was vivid, violent and totally appropritate! LOL!!

i love you jen! i am sooo happy for you. you deserve all the congrats and yahoo's cause you have worked your tail off to provide for your family and there is nothing more you can do! you did it. your a working fool, like the rest of us!! we're so going for margs on friday.

awkward high five!

(i'm call the shark)
LOL!! See, this is why we're best friends! If he doesn't get a better attitude about this whole situation, I'll send him on over to your place for a little "heart-to-heart" chat. lol

Oh, and I supposed I can be the gorilla. But next time *I* get to pick first, mmmm-k? lol

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations for being offered (and accepting) such an amazing job! It sounds like you will be perfect for the job.

As for the hubby, I'm so sorry that he wasn't more supportive. When my daughter was about 3 and she'd get mad at her older brother, she'd always say, "Stupid boys, who needs 'em?" So, I will leave you with those words.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awww, big Hugs Jenny! I'm sorry you aren't getting the support you need! I am so with you in that boat! Huge Congrats on getting a job! In this market that is a huge deal! So happy for you!