Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Yes ANOTHER Twilight thread...

so I finally watched the movie...other than enjoying watching the guy who played Edward b/c no one can deny he's hot..I was a tad bored with it but I wasn't a huge fan of the books either so that may be the reason.

Anyway, my question is did the casting director pull out the "killed off 24" list of characters to fill the roles in this movie? lol! Did anyone else recognize Nina Myers as her Mom and the man who was trying to kill Kim (the guy she was a nanny for) in Season 2 played the dad! lol I just thought that was so strange that they were both in 24. and then the girl playing Esme was the girl from Grey's who went all crazy on Alex. I think that's one reason I couldn't concentrate on the move...I kept getting sidetracked trying to figure out where I'd seen the actors before....

and this may have been discussed before, but I was so disappointed in the guy playing Jacob. He's not how I pictured him at all.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:14 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I agree that Jacob wasn't what I was expecting. Also Jasper. Is he constipated throughout the movie or what? LOL

Happily scrapping for:
Tracie Stroud, Dani Mogstad, Krystal Hartley, Megan Turnidge, Kristin Cronin Barrow
Scrap Orchard, Polka Dot Plum, Elemental Scraps

Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

That was totally what I said about Jasper too!

I just don't get the whole infatuation with RPatz. I can literally smell him through the TV screen!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien21xx View Post
I agree that Jacob wasn't what I was expecting. Also Jasper. Is he constipated throughout the movie or what? LOL
Jasper is suppose to look tortured as he is a new "vegetarian" and really is tormented and tempted to want to kill humans for blood.

And considering that everyone in the books is beautiful I think they missed the mark with Jacob too, they could've gotten a really hot guy to play him, someone a little older and not so "boyish" looking.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

He certainly looked tortured with constipation to me. LOLOL!! I think if he didn't have weird hair and OMGwrinkles, he wouldn't look so bad.

RPatz was hotter in Harry Potter. He too looked constipated, especially in that classroom scene where he was supposed to have smelled Bella and been driven to near bloodlust or something... definitely a bad case of constipation. LOL!

Happily scrapping for:
Tracie Stroud, Dani Mogstad, Krystal Hartley, Megan Turnidge, Kristin Cronin Barrow
Scrap Orchard, Polka Dot Plum, Elemental Scraps

Old 04-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansrock View Post
And considering that everyone in the books is beautiful I think they missed the mark with Jacob too, they could've gotten a really hot guy to play him, someone a little older and not so "boyish" looking.
In the first book, Jacob is supposed to look "boyish". At the end of Twilight and throughout New Moon, Bella comments on how quickly Jacob is changing and growing up. And, if you've seen recent pics of the actor that plays Jacob, he's really REALLY bulking up for the second film.

Just an fyi for ya. I thought the same thing and then I read books 1 and 2 and it made more sense.

Oh, and P.S. In the book, he cuts off that gawd-awful hair so hopefully it'll happen in the New Moon movie too. I'm NOT a fan of that hair. lol

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcameronsmommy View Post
In the first book, Jacob is supposed to look "boyish". At the end of Twilight and throughout New Moon, Bella comments on how quickly Jacob is changing and growing up. And, if you've seen recent pics of the actor that plays Jacob, he's really REALLY bulking up for the second film.

Just an fyi for ya. I thought the same thing and then I read books 1 and 2 and it made more sense.

Oh, and P.S. In the book, he cuts off that gawd-awful hair so hopefully it'll happen in the New Moon movie too. I'm NOT a fan of that hair. lol
I read the books but I still was disappointed ...his face just isn't attractive to me. Kind of squished or something...

Jasper made me think of Jacob Marley's ghost in all the Christmas Carol movies you see lol...that wide eyed tortured ghostly look.

It was just okay...I can totally see myself as a teen loving this story and this movie but I guess my pessimistic old self finds it a bit corny and i guess that's a little sad lol but I know, I know..I'm in the minority..most people love it..my sister is beyond obsessed with it. lol

Old 04-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My biggest issue with the movie (other than a few parts that I found funny- when Ed is getting venom from Bella- I literally laughed out loud at the theater- need to watch it again to see if I react the same way) was the makeup.

I know they're undead- but the white makeup looked more like someone went crazy eating powdered donuts! Of course, poor budget doesn't help, but really folks!

With all of that complaining, I still did enjoy the movie (just not as much as the books). Jacob and Edward were both way hotter in my head too!

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I lauged at that too...and the running scenes and climbing the trees...it just looked silly to me for some reason. and yes the makeup was way overdone..although his eyes looked really hot.

can someone tell me where I've seen Carlisle before...it's driving me nuts b/c I recognize him from something and can't figure out what it is.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

He's married to Jennie Garth and was in the show Fastlane.

He's soooo much hotter without the blonde hair.

One of the many things that cracked me up in the movie was the whole "spidermonkey" scene. Really? He was giving her a really glorified piggy back ride....silliness.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'm so with you Nikki. I hate when books with huge huge cult followings are turned into movies, and they choose known actors. With such a huge following they could've scouted for unknowns to be cast. The movie was going to be a huge hit no matter what, and they could've taken that chance. I think it really would've helped because I HATE that girl they cast as Esme, and people know Carlisle, Edward, and I think Emmet too, from other things.

I felt the same when they cast Tom Hanks for The DaVinci Code. He's SO not what I picture when I read that novel.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've only scanned your messages above - too many details about the story!

I just needed to check that you all still liked the books, 'cos based on everyones opinions here at SSD I just odered the first 3 from Amazon

I think I'll wait 'til the film is available via tv...
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

See, people (not any of y'all that I know of) excuse the crap because of their budget. But the thing is, there are low-budget movies out there that ROCK and high-budget movies that completely bomb. There was something wrong with that director... she was several fries short of a happy meal.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

Im with you Annie. Catherine Hardwicke or whatever her name is was STRANGE. I really think this could have been done way better than it was.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Can I get an Amen?!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieBananie View Post
There was something wrong with that director... she was several fries short of a happy meal.
Word.
Stupid director.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcameronsmommy View Post
In the first book, Jacob is supposed to look "boyish".
I've read the books and know he is suppose to look boyish but compared to everyone else he looks like a baby and just doesn't equal the hotness the rest of the cast portrays. But I never liked Jacob in the books anyway so it probably wouldn't matter who played him I still wouldn't like him, LOL!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via ICQ to Angela Spangler Send a message via AIM to Angela Spangler Send a message via MSN to Angela Spangler Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Spangler

Quote:
Jasper is suppose to look tortured as he is a new "vegetarian" and really is tormented and tempted to want to kill humans for blood.

Well, in the books, Jacob just turns 15. He IS a boy. But I still didn't like the actor much.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
There was something wrong with that director... she was several fries short of a happy meal.
No doubt, that lady is beyond annoying and what a hippie chick she is. I still love the movie...I think they did a great job with the screenwriting and considering that Stephanie Meyer (the author) was right there alongside Catherine for the whole process it had to be pretty amazing for her to see her book come to life. So for what it is I think Twilight is a success and I am dying a slow death waiting for New Moon. Nov can't get here soon enough!!!

PS. Twilight & New Moon arrived on Wed so I am reeading the series! Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are due to arrive next week from overseas...I just hate hardback books and the paperbacks are available overseas in the UK!! I already had the ebooks, I am glad I can take Twilight with me now wherever I go!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't watch 24, so I can't comment much on that part of the movie, but yes, Robert Pattinson (aka Edward) is very easy to look at!

I loved the book, but didn't think the movie was spectacular or anything. I think I'll watch the movie again tonight just for the eye candy though.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Im with you Annie. Catherine Hardwicke or whatever her name is was STRANGE. I really think this could have been done way better than it was.
ITA! There's a new director for New Moon, so maybe it will be better.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Latest spoiler pics of the filming of New Moon can be seen here:
http://www.laineygossip.com/Robert_P...atID=0&CelID=0
Old 04-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochelle789 View Post
ITA! There's a new director for New Moon, so maybe it will be better.
I agree too, when there's complaints about how the actors looked as far as facial expressions, then she didn't do her job and give them direction on better ways to act the scene.

and yep I noticed that Nina Myers played Bella's mom, but thanks for reminding me about Bella's dad. and I wasn't crazy about the actor playing Esme either. I just did not have her pictured that way.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieBananie

I couldn't stop thinking about her peeing on Meredith's couch on Grey's....
Old 04-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Honestly I watched the movie three time and it did not bother me what their expressions were. My favorite character was James. He is just so good looking!! It got me to read the books (stillll waiting for the third one from my BFF though LOL). I thought some of the makeup was a little overdone like in the hospital scene after Bella was almost hit and Carlisle is looking at her and his ears are kinda pink but the rest of his face is whiter then white. Thta was weird

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness, I loved James too! He is the cutest!

Here's my opinions:

When I watch the movie, I feel like I have missed pieces of it.

the director - odd
Jasper - after reading the book, I thought he did good, only because he was the one struggling and possibly trying to calm the room type thing, but the big mistake I think was not going into detail about him in the movie. I think they could've added more to the hotel scene giving more insight to Jaspers talents
James - so hot!
Esme - I liked her.
Carlisle - love him, one of my fave characters in the book and movie
Edward and Bella - not who I picture when I read the books, but they do have great chemistry in the movie
Jacob - I like him. My dd loves him and has ever since he was Sharkboy. No, I don't like his hair and I think it will do wonders for him when it's cut in the next one. I think he'll be great in the next one (obviously not as tall as he'd need to be) he'll have such a bigger role in the next film.
Alice - love her, can't wait to see more of her next film

I'm looking forward to New Moon in the theatres!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Alice is my favorite female character in the book AND the movie. In the book she just sounds so sweet and the movie I think really captured that well.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 04-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't like any of the casting of the characters. The ONLY ones that came remotely close to how I pictured them was Charlie and Victoria.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelys View Post
I've only scanned your messages above - too many details about the story!

I just needed to check that you all still liked the books, 'cos based on everyones opinions here at SSD I just odered the first 3 from Amazon

I think I'll wait 'til the film is available via tv...
Yeah the majority of people like the books but I'm one of those that just doesn't get it...to me..they were so poorly written and the story is just laughable at times..there are some okay parts but overall I don't care for it...I read them and watched the movie b/c I don't want to criticize something I don't know about...it used to drive me nuts when people who'd never read Harry Potter would make fun of it...so that being said, I read them all, gave it a chance and I still don't get it. Just not a big fan and the last book..my goodness it was a struggle to even finish that one. Okay...don't stone me lol...just my opinion

Old 04-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
See, people (not any of y'all that I know of) excuse the crap because of their budget. But the thing is, there are low-budget movies out there that ROCK and high-budget movies that completely bomb. There was something wrong with that director... she was several fries short of a happy meal.
Yep!

*My Etsy*
Old 04-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Just not a big fan and the last book..my goodness it was a struggle to even finish that one. Okay...don't stone me lol...just my opinion
I'll throw the first stone, JK!!!!! You are entitled to hate them!!! I on the otherhand LOVE them and didn't get what the frenzy was all about until I saw the movie and found myself wanting more....I read the books and I was hooked!!!!!!!! And I joined www.twilightmomsforums.com
Old 04-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Latest spoiler pics of the filming of New Moon can be seen here:
http://www.laineygossip.com/Robert_P...atID=0&CelID=0
From those photos, it looks like they've at least improved the makeup! Edward looks just the right shade of pale like I envision them to be, not the chalky white they were sometimes in Twilight!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, Jacob was supposed to be really young and I loved his long hair (though only on Native men please...don't tell my dh though, he'll grow it out again..lol). Though he does make me feel creepy to see the baby Jacob in the movies cause I am in love with him in the books.

Jasper in the movie, yeah, looks like something is wrong with him.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
yep! perfectly said

crossing my fingers on Chris Wietz